It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The national debt scam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
There are other topics relating to the national debt/federal reserve/etc, but I didn't see this video.

"Understanding the Artificial Economy"

www.youtube.com...

Explains why our divergence from the "gold standard" (as required by the Constitution, actually) to fiat paper currency creates an artificial economy and gives the illusion of currency.

Here is another helpful video from "Learn Liberty"

www.youtube.com...

Both the federal reserve act and the 16th amendment were both passed in 1913. Right around the same time we saw major government power grabs, including the ability to regulate chemical substances for the first time ever, the ability to collect un-apportioned taxes for the first time ever, and the ability to regulate firearms for the first time ever. As you can see, something went majorly awry during that period of our history and is likely the beginning of the problems we face today with excessive government and unlawful/unconstitutional power grabs.

As the video notes, in 1934, the US government carried out the largest gold heist in history by requiring private citizens to surrender all gold in exchange for worthless federal reserve notes.
edit on 7/19/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Good ole Jeckyl Island. 1913 When the Rockefellers, Morgans and Vanderbilts bought our country. They took Rothchilds saying of not carrying about running a country but controlling it's money to a whole new level. Funny too just to mention Anderson Cooper who is a Vanderbilt.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Illumin
m.youtube.com...

Great video

Lengthy, but looks like it will be worth the watch. I know what I'll be watching with my evening cup of coffee

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Funny too just to mention Anderson Cooper who is a Vanderbilt.

Ah, that certainly explains his agenda

Disgusting to see the level of control these criminals have subverted their way into. Just wondering when our people will grow some chest hair and abolish the federal reserve & repeal the non-BOR 16th amendment
edit on 7/19/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

Funny too just to mention Anderson Cooper who is a Vanderbilt.

Ah, that certainly explains his agenda

Disgusting to see the level of control these criminals have subverted their way into. Just wondering when our people will grow some chest hair and abolish the federal reserve & repeal the non-BOR 16th amendment

If I live long enough, I am thinking of making a list of all of the media talking heads and their relationships to those in our government. It would shock you to see just how our MSM is nothing more than an arm for deep state government propaganda!

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

That's an excellent idea seeker1963

These criminals can't function effectively in the light

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

It is a scam.

How can there ever be a debt?

Cash is summoned up out of nowhere... it has and still is on notes being printed but now it's just a few taps of a keyboard to create this "Cash". In other words, these Banks can keep printing or creating cash out of thin air forever, so why I hear or read about 'Trillions in debt'? '

I really despise the way the banks run the system but I have to have my cash paid in somewhere... I hate the way they run like Mafia..

Think I've mentioned this before:

What's the difference between 'Protection' Money and paying Interest on conjured up Money?

There is no difference except one is legal and the other one isn't.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Explains why our divergence from the "gold standard" (as required by the Constitution, actually) to fiat paper currency creates an artificial economy and gives the illusion of currency.

There isn't enough gold on the planet to maintain a gold standard in the United States, it wouldn't even cover half of the money in circulation.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Yet there are plenty of people on this site obsessed with crypto currencies, which is nothing more than an electronic fiat currency paid for by paper fiat currency.....

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yet somehow I don't think this would be an issue of the value of the dollar wasn't continually degraded. Compare the value of a dollar in 1850 to its value now.

In 1850 $5000.00 was equal to $150,680.19 today. Why has our currency has become so extremely devalued?

Something isn't right about that

To be sure, that's a 2818.0% inflation. What the hell happened in the last 100-150 years

Demand-pull inflation occurs when aggregate demand for goods and services in an economy rises more rapidly than an economy's productive capacity. One potential shock to aggregate demand might come from a central bank that rapidly increases the supply of money.

How is a "central bank" good for this country? Why didn't the founders create one?
edit on 7/20/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

How is a "central bank" good for this country?

It's better than 1,000's of banks printing their own currency and not honoring any of them but their own if they wanted to do so. Which is what we had prior to that.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
All currency is fiat currency to a degree. Even tangible things like gold, silver, red granite. The value is either assigned or agreed uponjust like barter of 5 eggs for a bucket of milk or whatever.

Problem comes in when a Certificate of Deposit or bank note is given equal value to imaginary currency such as interest or fractional reserve banking practices. Best to look at small simple numbers to explain. If there are only 10 people and 100 coins in total, then equal distribution would be 10 each. If you need to borrow a coin to buy something and I lend you a coin on the condition that you return two, then an interest barring transaction happened. As the borrower, you are expected to make more coins than you borrowed. But if I am loaning coins that don’t exist and using coins paid in interest to pay them off when audited, then I have a serious problem if I don’t have them come audit time. Which is the premise of fractional reserve banking.

The way out of that is that I never get audited. Which is where we are today. $1.3 Trillion of Federal Reserve Notes in circulation and $20 Trillion in debt, much of which (minimum of $1.43 Trillion—10% interest, it may be much more as each bill printed and destroyed may have interest owed) is to the Federal Reserve Bank. The debt only exists because it is acknowledged.

top topics

join