It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enact mandatory voter ID - stop Russian interference in US elections

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   

LOL - no more soup for you.

IMO, in order to minimise any illegal or unwarranted interference in any future US elections by US citizens AND non-US citizens, or attempts to rig elections because honest competition would see you fail dismally, the US should learn from past mistakes and enact legislation enforcing mandatory voter ID, electronically recorded so only one vote can be made and recorded at the voting station of the voters choice.

This will stop Vlad from destroying US sovereignty. It will also stop non-US citizens from voting in US elections.

So - that's proof that mandatory voter ID could very well kill 2 birds with one stone.

Thank-you, and remember folks - #DemandVoterID.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Didn't they already say that voter ID is racist, because reasons, or something like that. I think they tried to say that even at a cost of $0, it was too expensive for "the underprivileged" to be able to get.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlysyn
Didn't they already say that voter ID is racist

Except they keep forgetting that 'US citizen' ain't a race.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: deadlysyn
Didn't they already say that voter ID is racist

Except they keep forgetting that 'US citizen' ain't a race.

But they really want Democratic Voter to be one.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I am guessing the Progressives don't want it that bad....I mean that would actually be a lot less votes for them. They will never agree.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Brilliant!

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I think they also forgot about those registered voters that were 116 years of age that voted in the last election.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Looks like we will also need to revert to paper ballots after the news today on the machines having a backdoor with a modem too.
www.thedailybeast.com...

Strange how they think black and Hispanic citizens are too stupid to get a voter id too isn't it?

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
Looks like we will also need to revert to paper ballots after the news today on the machines having a backdoor with a modem too.
www.thedailybeast.com...

Strange how they think black and Hispanic citizens are too stupid to get a voter id too isn't it?

Paper ballets can be manipulated as well . In this day and age all elections are suspect to fraud. But who’s committing it ? My instincts mixed with facts tells me the left are far worse culprits of voter fraud and it needs to stop.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Here is the problem with that:

For a national voter ID, it would require that there be a computer system that would interconnect around the country for the issuing of the ID. And as it would be a computer system, it would be vulnerable to hacking and manipulation.

I think that we need to go back and take a step back from high tech and go low tech. Hard to hack a manual typewriter.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Voter ID laws will never be adopted in "blue states".

These laws cheat the system, by denying the voting rights of the Democrat's core demographics... deceased Democrats! The dead will lose their voice! Furthermore, cross-state/cross-county voters will lose a major income source. Unacceptable!

The true tragedy... the unspoken heartbreak... the battered rights of illegal aliens. These criminal trespassers will lose their ability to influence the policies of those paid to keep them out.

Voter ID laws are a blight on humanity... they will cause mass sterilizations, elevated miniature golf scores, Torx fastener proliferation and transient idiopathic priapism.

Ask any progressive...

edit on 17-7-2018 by madmac5150 because: Snarkyness added for emotional impact.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Indeed - give a person enough rope, and they'll eventually hang themselves.......

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

Isn't it kind of hard to cast a vote from a coffin that happens to be six feet underground?

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   

1 - They didn't hack the election in the literal sense. Even the alphabet agencies have already said the machines were not hacked. They influence the election, yes but didn't hack so why would voter ID work against this? They apparently used Fake News and media campaigns again not hacking the actual machines or changing the actual voting results.

2 - Voter ID is almost a curse word for most communities because there are many States that have tried to use these types of things to make it near impossible for people of certain communities to be able to vote. Wasn't there a documentary thing about this a little while ago? People were being out priced or asked to get documentation that they either didn't have or wouldn't be able to pay for.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 04:51 AM
link   

IMO, in order to minimise any illegal or unwarranted interference in any future US elections by US citizens AND non-US citizens

I know you're trolling Sublime but you are aware that Voter ID is already a requirement in the majority of States?

Source

In particular, Florida, Indiana, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire and Michigan... all fairly competitive states, require photo ID only and have the strictest laws in the country? They've had these laws since well before the 2016 elections. Further to this, the argument of Russian interference has little to do with voter fraud and more to do with influence and interference with the process. So your argument might as well be a straw man.

I get it, you may have a limited ability to comprehend this but I'll leave you to digest the above.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

IMO, in order to minimise any illegal or unwarranted interference in any future US elections by US citizens AND non-US citizens

I know you're trolling Sublime but you are aware that Voter ID is already a requirement in the majority of States?

Source

In particular, Florida, Indiana, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire and Michigan... all fairly competitive states, require photo ID only and have the strictest laws in the country? They've had these laws since well before the 2016 elections. Further to this, the argument of Russian interference has little to do with voter fraud and more to do with influence and interference with the process. So your argument might as well be a straw man.

I get it, you may have a limited ability to comprehend this but I'll leave you to digest the above.

Except Cali, Chicago IL and NY, I would agree 100%. Unfortunately those three states control a lot of the votes the Dems count to say hey we won the majority. When in fact they cheat to put in their people even over the better choices from the truly Liberal politicians, as the left will claim to be.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Except Cali, Chicago IL and NY, I would agree 100%. Unfortunately those three states control a lot of the votes the Dems count

The 2016 elections completely breaks down your logic here.

To start, California, Illinois and New York went overwhelmingly for Hillary in 2016 - so much so that Hillary gained a 3 million voter lead ahead of Trump yet she still lost because of some 80,000's additional votes Trump gained from the rustbelt states.

In addition to the above, it's a well known fact that California, Illinois and New York are underrepresented in the Electoral College given the fact that electoral points need to be allocated proportionately to allow the smaller states to have more of a say. A voter in Wyoming would have more of a say electoral points wise than a person in California.

So no, mentioning those 3 big blue states is irrelevant. My point stands. Do your research.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

While I agree with the premise, the "interference" wasn't at the polls, but leading up to it with manipulating what voters saw/read/believed, so no amount of voter-ID laws will stop that.

IMO, though, all states should be like KY--we must show ID, and we can only vote in person on election day...none of this multiple-day early-voting crap.

One day to vote, must show ID.

Seems simple, and if you can't make it in that day, you can do a mail-in ballot. If you fail to plan for that day and you miss voting, you should adult better and realize that life isn't always fair.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
TFW you realize Canada, India and Zimbabwe have stricter voter ID laws than America

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlysyn

As Sublimecraft said: "Except they keep forgetting that 'US citizen' ain't a race."

They also seem to forget that enforcing our laws is mandatory. They like to ignore the crime(s) they commit by entering the country illegally and squatting here though

top topics

<<   2 >>

join