It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a sad day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
After taking my kitty to the vet and waiting for a few hours the results where not the ones I wanted to hear.

She had complete kidney failure and a lot of pain which explains her absence from the master room. This left me with two options......
She is gone now and I am completely heart broken. I just want this day to end but I doubt I will be able to sleep. Normally I am against drinking while upset but today I don’t care.

Sorry if this post upsets anyone but I needed to get this off my chest.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I know that's tough, AAY. Glad you felt like you could let it out here, although I realize it does little for the significant loss. Just know that a lot of us feel your pain. Saying goodbyes seems to be the hardest part of life.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Sudden loss of a pet sucks. Went through this with one of ours who developed seizures thanks to a brain tumor and went downhill over the course of a few days.

We never confirmed the tumor, but the vet did blood work and couldn't see anything else that could be causing it to go that bad that fast.

So just that quickly, we lost a very sweet kitty at a fairly young age.

It hurts. It hurts bad.

I'm really sorry you're having to go through it too.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

I am sorry you lost your kitten.

You won't like this next bit but I'm still going to say it. I reread your earlier thread about taking the kitten to the vet earlier today.

You waited a week before taking it to a vet after noticing strange behaviour. You could have been a more responsible owner in my opinion. I don't mean to be harsh but you seemed to miss major signs.

Drink up.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

"Today You Did the Bravest Thing "
by Debbie Gaskin

Today you did the bravest thing
Today you set me free.
Thank you for showing me
The ultimate dignity.

I'm sorry that my leaving
Has broken your kind heart.
But we knew this day would come
The day we had to part.

Don't think I did not hear
Every word you said
Don't think I did not feel
Your loving hand upon my head.

Today you set me free.
Thank you for a wonderful life
Thank you for loving me. ❤

Source

I'm so sorry. Big hugs.
edit on 17-7-2018 by Boadicea because: formatting

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I am very sorry for your loss. I am dreading the day I have to say goodbye to one of my dogs.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Too many of us know the pain of losing a loved pet.....a member of our family.

I am sorry for your loss.
The pain will go away, slowly.
Your kitty is now in a place where there is no pain....and I live with the belief you will see her again.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Sorry for your loss. I had a cat who behaved just as yours and it was kidney failure. I refrained from saying it in your previous thread, because I wanted you to have hope and let's face it, we never know.
edit on 17-7-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Pets are such great spirits for us in a world of conflict and crazy. They are pure love and enjoyment. Sad to hear of your news and hope you feel much better soon. And as often with death, time may be the only healer... sorry for your news

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
My heart aches for you. I completely understand losing precious pets all too well. Just know that your sweet kitty is no longer in pain and is happy now. She loves you and knows you love her. My deepest sympathy.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I’m very sorry to hear that.
Do you have a picture of Miss Kitty you could post?

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

That’s a very nice poem Broadicea.
Damn near had me leaking thinking about losing my 2 meows.
My black cat Rocky - is my best friend. Welcomes me at the door, cuddles with me, and shows his love.
Brought him to the vet a little over a month ago for his check up, where I was told he had elevated Thyroid Levels.

He was prescribed thyroid cream.
But I read up on what the side effects could be and I have been waiting.
I switched his food to Blue Buffalo adult cat food. He was previously on meow mix for the past 7 years.
Waiting to the end of the month for his next check up to see if his levels have dropped.
If not, we will start him on the meds.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Sorry for your loss of a loved one. They say time heals all wounds, but it really just lessons the immediate impact. Alcohol tends to dull the wound, but just remember it's not a replacement for bereavement and acceptance. Your cat was loved, your ability to move past it in time does not lesson that.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

"Today You Did the Bravest Thing "
by Debbie Gaskin

Today you set me free.
Thank you for showing me
The ultimate dignity.

I'm sorry that my leaving
Has broken your kind heart.
But we knew this day would come
The day we had to part.

Don't think I did not hear
Every word you said
Don't think I did not feel
Your loving hand upon my head.

Today you set me free.
Thank you for a wonderful life
Thank you for loving me. ❤

Source

I'm so sorry. Big hugs.

*sniff* would someone please stop chopping up onions? i'm getting a salty fluid in my eyes.

I will have to remember that poem for when my cats time is up.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

it always hurts when we lose the pets we love....they love us unconditionally...so sorry you lost your kitty today (((((((hugs))))))

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I am so sorry, it is so painful.
My pets that are no longer living sometimes visit me in my dreams; I wish the same for you.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Sorry for your loss .Your fur baby will be waiting for you.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I got teary eyed after reading that touching poem. Did you write it?

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

I got teary eyed after reading that touching poem. Did you write it?

No -- I'm not that talented! It was written by Debbie Gaskin. Someone was kind enough to send it to me when we had to say goodbye to our old black lab and I just saved it so I could do the same.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Cats live their lives on their own terms. They choose you, or maybe your choose them, but you come together as a relationship of different species and you both love and live and grow.

I feel your hurt right now. I have been there numerous times. You do who you must to help a friend, to keep them from hurting more than they should. The same you would do for a human, if you could.

God bless you for doing for your loved one, your pet, as you needed to. Like DTOM, I think you will meet again, and maybe this time, you will both be cats.

join