It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump scores on his own goal

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The aftermath of Helsinki is truly frightening, the backlash is not only internal, it is international. Not only do our own news agencies post news and commentary such as this post below, but international agencies, who are usually more neutral with our news, have been calling it disgraceful and a step back for our country.

We suppose the reason President Trump was so eager to have a summit with his Russian counterpart was that he wanted to break up some of the cloud cover over his relationship with strongman Vladimir Putin.

If that was the goal, then the Helsinki summit has left the president in a pea-soup fog.

So looked at one way, the sit down with Putin came at a propitious time. If Trump could stand up to Putin and maybe even wring some concessions from the Russian ruler, this would be the perfect moment for Trump to show himself as his own man.

The president decided to go the other way on that one.

If Trump’s critics had scripted it, they could hardly have done better at showing him as the junior partner in the bilateral relationship. Putin was clearly in charge from beginning to end with Trump jumping in to blame America for problems Russia created and to denounce the same investigation that just offered conclusive proof of Putin’s wrongdoing in 2016.

Hearing Trump attack the intelligence and law enforcement agencies that daily do battle with Putin’s goons was so odd that we had to re-read the transcript just to be sure our ears weren’t playing tricks.

Blaming America for the misdeeds of another country is never a good look for a U.S. president abroad. For Trump, accused by his critics of being a lackey for Putin, to make excuses for the regime in Moscow in the presence of that country’s ruler was an astonishing lapse.

Fox News

What would make the President of the USA take a stance against his own country to side with a foreign country, especially one engaged in attacking us. Is the President so stuck on proving that he won the Presidency on his own, that he won't even accept his own intel? Is it so important to him to prove that he beat Hillary on his own that he's tearing down our country while he's stubbornly sticking to it? When the only news agency that is on his side is starting to leave his side frequently because of his antics, who will remain?

Or does Putin have something on him? Can Trump control himself around pretty women? How long would Putin hold back such evidence, and will we eventually see it even if Trump plays ball?

Thanks for reading.

+26 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
What has Trump done for Putin ? What did Vlad get out of all this "collusion"?

LOL This stuff is just to funny..

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
If you can't read the subtext of all of this yet then you are blind. Trump and Russia are part of one giant psyop and all parties involved are complicit in the charade. Look at how we are being divided over these things day in and day out. We see each other as the enemy instead of the true enemy which is behind the curtain directing this whole sham. People need to wake the hell upand stop buying into all this BS drama, it is only sowing negativity and hate in our minds and hearts. Read the majority of the threads that are made/make it to the front page and tell me it isn't working in TPTB's favor.

+17 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

~sigh~

And if Hillary had won and the Russians backed her, it would be shouted from the rooftops how great Russia was to help America to keep Trump from winning.

It isn't that he isn't accepting his own intel, btw... he has merely been pointing out that the upper echelons of our intelligence services plotted to rig an election. As we find more and more about every day.

Should the left question our intelligence communities? After all, they were the ones that told Bush about WMD... they even had pictures?

Oh wait... it made Bush look like an idiot so who cares if it was bad data.

As for the summit, Trump was damned if he did and damned if he didn't anyways, but is saying that peace is more important than politics right now.

I agree.

Don't worry... next week we will finally get a clue from unnamed sources close to the President about what happened in the elevator.

Welcome to the mid-terms!!!

edit on 17-7-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
V. Putin... most powerful man ever in history of the world. Controls the EU, US and Russia.

Probably China and N Korea as well. Damn this guy is good.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Yawn. Let me see that evidence of collusion.

+5 more 
link   
Even some GOP conservatives are calling this Trumps latest Helsinki clusterf+*k treason....

edit on 17-7-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

link   

I love watching those addicted to public relations lose their collective minds. These journo's, and those who parrot them, weren't made for transparency, but for lullabies and political correctness.
edit on 17-7-2018 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Yawn. Let me see that evidence of collusion.

You obviously haven't seen their Facebook memes.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
He messed up thats for sure.

I think that there was a very simple solution to all of his problems with Russia that would have avoided this. He simply should have taken a line right form the very start of "no comment", he should have said that until all of the investigations into the matter of Russian interference in the 2016 election had been completed he was not going to comment on what went down one way or the other. Now yes the media would probably spin it somehow that he should be commenting but I think it would be better than the mess he is now. Every time he opens his mouth on this issue he just digs the hole even deeper.

I mean he just turned round and said that despite pretty much his entire intelligence apparatus telling him that Russia deliberetly interfered in the 2016 he believe's Putins denials. Its a slap in the face to the whole country and if I were American I think I would be pretty pissed of about it right now.

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
You guys will notice the article in the OP is from Fox News. The question is, if the only news agency that was traditionally on his side is leaving his side and finds this wrong, who is remaining on his side?

Is it good for the President to only have support of the far, far right? How far will that get him if he keeps acting like this?

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Houston, we have a problem.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
He messed up thats for sure.

I think that there was a very simple solution to all of his problems with Russia that would have avoided this. He simply should have taken a line right form the very start of "no comment", he should have said that until all of the investigations into the matter of Russian interference in the 2016 election had been completed he was not going to comment on what went down one way or the other. Now yes the media would probably spin it somehow that he should be commenting but I think it would be better than the mess he is now. Every time he opens his mouth on this issue he just digs the hole even deeper.

I mean he just turned round and said that despite pretty much his entire intelligence apparatus telling him that Russia deliberetly interfered in the 2016 he believe's Putins denials. Its a slap in the face to the whole country and if I were American I think I would be pretty pissed of about it right now.

We're pretty happy you're not, actually.

We have our own trash to take out without worrying about non-citizens pushing the Democratic agenda too.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron
You guys will notice the article in the OP is from Fox News. The question is, if the only news agency that was traditionally on his side is leaving his side and finds this wrong, who is remaining on his side?

Is it good for the President to only have support of the far, far right? How far will that get him if he keeps acting like this?

meh I honestly think they are just starting to shun him a little bit because they can see the signs in the sand.

I think they know that things are going to get even worse for Trump now and want to start distancing themselves from him so that when the history books are written that they don't look like fools.

link   

What has vlad got from Trump? valid question.

Do you think Vlad colluded for free? Or did he get something and what did he get?

Im pretty sure he got an armada of warships sent up his ass in Syria and got some places he said we better not bomb BOMBED..

+2 more 
link   
I don't have access to any information beyond what is public, so this is just my opinion, based on observation / analysis, but:

Or does Putin have something on him?

Yeah, something big, that will, when made public, pretty much destroy Trump and his whole family. I can only speculate on what the 'something' is, but yeah, Trump is Putin's bitch, big time. Even a cursory examination of body language at that circus yesterday shows who is in charge and who is frightened.

Can Trump control himself around pretty women?

No comment on that specifically, but my guess is that what Putin has on Trump is way bigger than just Trump's probable philandering ways.

How long would Putin hold back such evidence, and will we eventually see it even if Trump plays ball?

As long as he can get something of value for it, for example the US working to weaken NATO, or the US becoming isolated in terms of trade and politics. Whether we will ever learn what 'it' is from Putin or not, hard to say. It will depend on what will do the most harm to the US at the time.

It would benefit people here to remember that Putin is not a friend of the US. He fears and hates us and would not shed tear one if our way of life was further degraded. Having Trump in a position to do the harm he is doing to this country is the best thing that could happen to Putin. Trump is a tool: Putin is not a friend of the US.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
So, now that FOX is calling out Trump and some Non-RINO's they are all ok to listen to, right?

It is so funny to see so many of you who HATE FOX use it for your purposes.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

It is so funny to see so many of you who HATE FOX use it for your purposes.

I think the point is that even Fox are now turning against Trump, its not so much about using them to make the point that Trump messed up on the meeting its that EVEN fox are saying he's messed it up.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Many real conservatives now can see this for what it is....Treason

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
what i heard in his comments:

"Yeah, the US certainly could be better neighbors in the global community, and we haven't exactly tried to be friendly with Russia".

Lemme ask you....does Russia use the IMF related Reserve Bank, or are they a national bank? The answer to that is the answer to your question.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join