It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese refiner dumps US crude in favor of dollarless imports of Iranian oil

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

There is a pretty solid conspiracy theory that every US war sinceWW2 was really about maintaining the petrodollar..

Always follow the money..

Thats because we no longer hold the gold to back our dollar. Hell I would be surprised if we had ANY left.

My theory is Fort Knox is empty

I don't think gold has the scalability to adapt to the massive population explosion after WW2. Also my personal belief is that the Rothschilds are part of the black nobility banking elite or work for them and the Vatican truly owns the gold.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

There is a pretty solid conspiracy theory that every US war sinceWW2 was really about maintaining the petrodollar..

Always follow the money..

Thats because we no longer hold the gold to back our dollar. Hell I would be surprised if we had ANY left.

My theory is Fort Knox is empty

I don't think gold has the scalability to adapt to the massive population explosion after WW2. Also my personal belief is that the Rothschilds are part of the black nobility banking elite or work for them and the Vatican truly owns the gold.

That makes perfect sense when you follow back to the original tribes and how the priests who wrote the first laws wrote them so as to provide lots of money to those same priests who wrote those first laws. Funny, that.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The value of gold has nothing to do with the amount of people in the world. Not trying to be a dick, just saying. Rare earth minerals have nothing to do with population.

On the other side of that, I dont believe that the value of gold has anything to do with what we think it does either.

Remember gold is used in everything from Currency, to making your phone work. And its a finite resource.

I have other theories on why it been so valuable through out our existence as sentient people on this planet, but this is not the thread.

Also why would the Vatican own the gold when there are much more powerful "entities, aka corporations" with more influence than a waning religious order whose power is falling away by the year.
edit on 16-7-2018 by Whatthedoctorordered because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Why bother

edit on 16-7-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Nice counterpoint lol..

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Which I’m not sure I totally disagree with...

Is that the reason we are the most powerful country on the planet??

Is it , 10%, 20% , 50% of the reason??

Would you trade us being the most powerful country on the planet for the lives lost in the wars since??

It’s crazy question when put on the table bare bones.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: rigel4
Awesome! Once the deep state opens up the recruitment portal for "volunteers" for action in Iran we will be right there. We were a little bit late to take advantage of building a new country inside of Syria , but you can still volunteer if you are into fighting terrorism while establishing a new open society in Syria!

I say volunteer because I think we are both past the age of recruitment for the official military. No reason we cannot volunteer though for one of our own proxies like many of our American and European citizens.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Seize the Strait and prevent Iran from their right to do business with whomever, because China decides to buy oil from somebody else besides us?

WHAT THE ACTUAL F?

In what fekking universe is this a valid reason to attack another country? "WAAAAA, our blowhard in chief ruined our trade relationship with one of our biggest trading partners, and now they're getting stuff from somebody else! ATTACK THEM."

If nothing else, all this should tell anyone is that the US' exports are easily replaced and we're not half as crucial to trade as we seem to think.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

and what excuse should the US use for this act of war? Is war what you want?

Should that be the case presumabley you think the US would win, what makes you so certain that the war would not nuclear?

How you do think you and your family would survive in and after a nuclear war even if the US was to win?

Do you think the US would not get hit at all? if so why?

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Your a real genius is it the 1st time you have ever seen anything pertaining to this?,what do you think the war in middle east is about,petroleum dollars,the US sanctioned USSR,plus China has too much at stake with US holdings,China wants to be the world ruler,why are all you liberals worried about China? worry about your own people,you fools started this mess

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Your a real genius is it the 1st time you have ever seen anything pertaining to this?,what do you think the war in middle east is about,petroleum dollars,the US sanctioned USSR,plus China has too much at stake with US holdings,China wants to be the world ruler,why are all you liberals worried about China? worry about your own people,you fools started this mess

Any chance you can rearrange that mess into something coherent ?

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Well I guess this was bound to happen. IMO, this is just their way of playing it off. The Chinese and Iran have been saying for years they would stop participating in our petro-dollar system and this trade war gives them the perfect timing to do so. Maybe its time that we block the Straight of Hormuz and disallow the Iranians from exporting ANYTHING, let alone oil. If they are so proud of this belt and road initiative they can export everything by land.

Dongming Petrochemical, an independent Chinese refiner, said it has halted crude purchases from the US and turned to Iranian imports amid escalating trade tensions between Beijing and Washington.

Chinese authorities are reportedly planning to impose tariffs on US crude imports and replace them with oil from West Africa and the Middle East, including Iran. Beijing said it was not going to fall into line with US sanctions banning business with the Islamic republic.

China is America’s second-biggest crude-oil customer with exports reportedly totaling 400,000 barrels a day at the beginning of July. However, in response to the latest US tariffs on Chinese goods, Beijing slapped American crude imports with a 25-percent levy.

I don't know how much abuse and flagrant aggression we can take from the Chinese and Iranians at this point. At this rate, we have no choice but to strike first and impede their plans for America's destruction.

So because a Chinese refiner changes supplier (free market capitalism at work), that makes you think you can blockade the Straits of Hormuz? Wow. So if Canada is affected by US steel tariffs, is it then entitled to blockade the Hudson?

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

You can't block the SoH.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04
Dude, it's Ww3. We are already at war with Iran through Israel. The Chinese think they can win A war as a passive investor. They will soon realize like Russia, that their only hope of not losing a war against the NATO empire is by confronting America on the battlefield. Russia chose Syria. Iran chose Yemen. The Chinese tried to go after the Philippines, but ISIS conveniently showed up in marawi solidifying our alliance with the tiny strategic island. The Chinese believe that artificial islands will be enough to deter USA conquest. They would be fools to believe it. One should never underestimate the boldness of our corporate rulers

You all need to take your blinders off And realize what is actually happening in the world. We are all already at war, and the theater plays called "distracted Americans go to war with each other" that is on our media 24/7 is designed to have you ignore and dismiss that very fact so that it may continue u impeded.

Do anybody even realize the escalation that will happen when congress grants Israel soverignhty over the Golan heights to Israel?? Because it is already being g discussed in the interest of US national security. The iranian goal is to help Syria tAke it back before our congress pulls this off.

Russia has Already struck a deal with USA, turkey, Israel And Iran on their future inside Syria. The USA/NATO has made their future inside Syria a reality nobody can challenge. Iran and Syria have agreed to their future together, but they want the golaN heights back. Turkey will probably occupy idlib for some years.

Iran knows it's only way to buy time before it's own borders are compromised is to keep fighting in Syria. Now that it's coming to a close with only the Golan being the next possible advance for Iran interests, the iranian borders could be in danger of being compromised in the future. It would be in the world's best interest to ensure a coastal blockade as a way of preventing terror from being g exported from their lands.

Clearly the base we have cutting thier direct land route to Israel in South Syria is not enough.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

OR... Let China and Iran deal with each other, the US consumer would benefit from from a glut of domestically produced crude. US can then freely start tariffs (or refuse outright due to breaking sanctions on Iran) on Chinese finished products to facilitate more domestic production as well. More jobs, more incomes means more tax revenues from lower idle workers and travel and tourism within the US from lower gas prices.

Less China exports means lower demand for crude for plastics and transportation. Iran and China can begin their economic death spiral by overconfidence in their respective product’s demand.

I am not really seeing a downside other than Iran having a momentary bump in oil revenues until reality makes the adjustments.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I'm sorry, I haven't really got a horse in this race but....after genuinely laughing out loud at your notion of blockading The Straits of Hormuz then starting a war with another superpower just because that country decided to buy something from someone else I really had to comment on this:

Do anybody even realize the escalation that will happen when congress grants Israel soverignhty over the Golan heights to Israel??

What gives you the idea that the US Congress has any legal or moral right to grant sovereignty of part of another nation to yet another nation?
In fact please show me the evidence because I don't think for one minute its even the remotest of remote possibilities.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
The answer to your question is ....

Time has come to recognize Israeli sovereignty on Golan Heights
On Tuesday, a hearing was held in the National Security Subcommittee on "New Horizons in US-Israel Relations: From the Transfer of the Embassy to Jerusalem to Recognition of Israeli sovereignty."

The discussion was initiated by Congressman Ron DeSantis and took place following the remarks made last night in Helsinki by US President Donald Trump and by President Vladimir Putin regarding the 1974 separation of forces agreement and their joint concern for Israel's security.

Dr. Dore Gold, president of the Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs and former Israeli Ambassador to the UN, who was summoned to testify by Congressman DeSantis, said he believed that the commitments of the agreement by US Presidents Gerald Ford, George H.W. Bush, and Bill Clinton that the US had not formulated its final position on the Golan Heights were now outdated and that it was time for the US to recognize Israel's sovereignty over the Golan.

Now before you jump immediately to the impossibility of it, remember who is in charge of the current administration and who controls the congress. And how is the Supreme Court stacked? Nobody believed that the throne would be declared in Jerusalem , and yet there it now is.

Also understand that Iran and Syria are willing to fight for the Golan. The moment congress recognizes it as Israeli territory, the US bombing campaign on Iranian assets in and around the Middle East picks up. America has an enemy to hate 24/7 on their fake news programming, the citizens rally behind our President and the troops, and # gets real.

Its all happening man. I get that it can be hard to accept that it is all about to go down exactly a it is being planned. You think anybody in the previous world wars really understood the truth of how it escalated to that point.

On the plus side, if Desantis pulls this off, he will be my next governor for Florida.

edit on 7-19-2018 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Recognising sovereignty and granting sovereignty are two completely different things.

Surely you see that?

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   

that we block the Straight of Hormuz and disallow the Iranians from exporting ANYTHING, let alone oil. If they are so proud of this belt and road initiative they can export everything by land

Oh you want to block peoples rights to movement/trade.

Maybe its time the petrodollar was crushed and you Americans paid your own way through the Civilized world rather than exporting your inflation.

You've had it too good for too long at the expense of the rest of the world and you have squandered the gift that kept on giving.

Instead of putting those dollars you saved to good use you allow the MIC and your Governments to keep spending on the military while your cities are crumbling, you have the most expensive health insurance in the world, and your workers need 2 jobs to make ends meet.

Think about it.

I don't know how much abuse and flagrant aggression we can take from the Chinese and Iranians at this point.

Think about how much death and abuse the Middle East has actually sufferedfrom your wars; not your perceived transgression safely behind your CNN fed media.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
It does not matter. If the us recognizes it, it means we defend Israel from foreign aggression against their land in the Golan heights. Surely you see that?

a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight
I thought about, and caring didn't arrive.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join