It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP & NRA-connected Russian 'Gun Rights Activist' Maria Butina Arrested

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: soberbacchus
a reply to: shooterbrody

Browder's associates were Americans.

Apart from that Putin lies a lot, so not sure where he gets his numbers.

Why am I surprised at he lack of outrage?
Its only bad for the GOP or NRA or whatever other organization you disagree with politically.

You don't seem to distinguish between Americans donating to a political campaign for President and the Russian Government?

It seems so strangely contradictory.
Are Trumpites the epitome of Globalism?
Do you believe that Russia should have a say in who the President of the USA is?

Not that hypocrisy hasn't become a pillar of Trumpism, but it still seems bizarre to me.

It is not Nationalism to defend Vladimir Putin's involvement in a US Presidential election. At best it is globalism gone wild, at worst it treasonous, but it is no part Nationalistic or in the best interest of the United States of America.

edit on 17-7-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: theantediluvian

Love the spin to make it seem like the 2nd Amendment is some Russian agenda.

That is not anywhere in the OP.

Your post is a straw man (aka spin).

The NRA serve as wannabe king-makers for the Republican Party.

The utility of Russia exploiting that is self-evident.

edit on 17-7-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

So, she was an unregistered foreign agent, which means she was working in the country illegally....and they arrested her for it.....but Liberals say that it's OK for illegal and dangerous Mexicans and Muslim beheaders to live and work here with no consequence?

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

You don't seem to distinguish between Americans donating to a political campaign for President and the Russian Government?

mkay
slush funds washed through associates are ok...
no worries the truth will come out
i am sure putin bluffs all the time

exactly what is this "involvement" you speak of?
more facebook and twitter?
funny that is what you are reduced to
social media made them do it...laughable

as to this actual thread

www.washingtonpost.com... /07/16/d1d4832a-8929-11e8-85ae-511bc1146b0b_story.html?utm_term=.94459870ceec

The case, which is not part of the special counsel investigation into Russian interference, lays out the strongest allegations to date of American involvement in Russia’s influence operations.

Muller missed her or what? Not part of the special counsel investigation into russian interference? HMM that is interesting.

He told the judge that she had testified before the Senate Intelligence Committee in a closed session several months ago and had offered before her arrest to cooperate with the government.

She has testified and offered to cooperate? That is even more interesting.

In an affidavit filed with the court, FBI Special Agent Kevin Helson outlined a two-year alleged effort by Butina to penetrate and influence the U.S. political system for Russia’s benefit by building ties to the American conservative movement.

wow 2 years
If this is how things are now going to go, K street is going to get mighty skinny.
Or is this a case of only prosecuting those from russia who have volunteered to cooperate?
Surely there is no influence peddling from say the Chinese or Israelis?
The Saudis never donate or peddle influence do they ?

Butina’s efforts in the United States came as a number of Republicans began rethinking the party’s traditional hostility to Russia, forming new bonds with Putin’s government around conservative social views on religion and same-sex marriage. That shift culminated with the November 2016 election of Trump, who had argued throughout his campaign that the United States should seek warmer relations with Russia.

Oh so this is not important until "a number of republicans" changed their political stance????
WTF now we prosecute people based on political stance????

Well I guess that seems to be par for the course with the crap that has been going on for the last 2 years.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Notice the parallels when the leftist MSM push out a boogeyman, leftist poster post something similar along those lines??

Lol, its like, we're watching and they think we're dumb and don't see.

Keep pushing that Russian echo chamber 😘

Thanks to all the posters who corrected the OP.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Lol, its like, we're watching and they think we're dumb and don't see.

It is the whole public/private stance thing their party does.
They just haven't realized we are on to it.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Literally couldn't stop laughing at the OP

What a wild goose chase this ridiculous investigation has all been, star for the comedy value though

And a flag
edit on 17-7-2018 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=23590783]BlueAjah[/post

Hmmm? You don't say.

They shamelessly used the IRS against conservative groups.

They're using the "intelligence agencies" at this very moment to do all they can to discredit Pres. Trump and prevent him from performing his duties as President.

I don't believe it is a suggestion. I believe they have become so hard off their rockers, that they can't even hide it anymore.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   
To parrot the response to people being thrown into cages - She broke the law. She got arrested. End of story.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Speedtek

Actually she was only indicted. She has not been convicted of breaking any law. Probably arrested and jailed, considered a flight risk being a foriegn national.

Funny thing is? It is fact H.R. Clinton and that circus show of a party have actually broke law of a more egregious nature. And none of them are in jail.

This is only happening because they believe they can and will discredit the NRA and its supporters and Republicans in general.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: burdman30ott6

That's nice. Except she's not in Russia, lobbying her government for stronger gun rights. She's in the United States, being paid and directed by sanction Russian politician and banker, Alexander Torshin, to cultivate relationships to exert pro-Kremlin influence over the US government.

I agree, this is a very good point, I can see why you are repeating it. It seems no one wants to address this point when you bring it up.

It definitely looks like she was intentionally being shady. I don’t want people being paid by any foreign national under U.S. sanctions to be up in here influencing our politicians. Im interested to see if anything else comes to light with this matter, thanks for the OP S&F

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 04:57 AM
link   
grin of democracy, up to 5 years for an email.I do not feel any pity for her because she is not a shiksa . arrest all the blue blood from Russia in US , you can stop the masturbate our opposition on US as a stronghold of freedom

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
NRA ... dead silent, nowhere to be seen, while the 2nd Amendment becomes "A Russian Plot"
THE LATEST ONE

I can't wait to see the hearings of the trial against Butina and to see the evidence ......

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I don't know why the liberal prosecutors insist . By now they should very well know that this woman will never lie in front of the court. Everybody knows that the only way that Maria Butina can be convicted, is if she lies in front of the court, in an attempt to get the stalled Mueller prove going forward !
edit on 26-7-2018 by Flanker86 because: c

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
a reply to: Speedtek

Funny thing is? It is fact H.R. Clinton and that circus show of a party have actually broke law of a more egregious nature. And none of them are in jail.

Thankfully the law is a real thing and not some made up concept in your head.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join