It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your favourite age or time period in your life

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I loved the 80s, but I like the man I am right now the best.

That's interesting.
I've liked the man I am all my life, I'm just a bit wiser these days.
...I'd rewind to age 29 if life had a button for that though.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Im going to say this year so far.

Why? Well my life long dream came true, I finally went to Paris. I have considered Paris my person and one true love my entire life. Yes it may sound silly to some but to me it's not. My amazing wonderful bf took me for 3 days and I loved it. He scored major points with that trip!

It hasn't been an easy year in some ways but compared to the last 20 I will say this is my favorite so far. I have my own place, a job, my son is doing well and I have a wonderful man who makes me feel loved in a way I never knew existed. So yes this year right now. I will be 40 in November!

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I'll just say this, if I could go back in time at age 24, I would be in a bikini and high heels 24/7 !!!!!!

When you are young you don't know what you don't know.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

Ah lovely story!

Thank you for sharing.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Haha!
...and true, I thought I knew it all, and still do, but 10 years from now I'll look back and realise how much I didn't know.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

She was a strange woman character in the 70s-on Saturday Night Live who told very mixed up strange stories that made no sense. When Chevy Chase, the newsman, would correct her, she always replied, "It goes to show you; it's always something."

That how I feel about life. No favorite times. It's always something.

Read about the old day characters on SNL-I'm old so that's my reference.
edit on 16-7-2018 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Livin the dream now....

However I did enjoy my hippie gypsy days with a truck, brown dog and a Gibson acoustic. Freedom!!

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Ah I get ya!

Every life moment is the moment for me, but I know which moments I've preferred looking back on lol

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Share your hippie tales here man, all stories why are on-topic here!

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I am thirty two, and I agree with you. This is currently my favorite age period In life. I know how the real world functions, gotten over it, and enjoying family time. Best woman in the world, coolest kids ever. Life is good

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Share your hippie tales here man, all stories why are on-topic here!

Singin and playin the Blues in beer joints and bars, busking on the street, from coast to coast, Fishin guide in the Rocky Mts and Florida keys,
Surfin in Sayulita, Skibum in Taos, and finally settling down In New Mexico to sober up....at 50+ yrs of age. What a long strange trip its been....
edit on 16-7-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry
Ah brilliant, enjoy your ride!

originally posted by: olaru12
Singin and playin the Blues in beer joints and bars, busking on the street, from coast to coast, Fishin guide in the Rocky Mts and Florida keys,
Surfin in Sayulita, Skibum in Taos, and finally settling down In New Mexico to sober up....at 50+ yrs of age. What a long strange trip its been....

Cool stories

I was just musing to myself again and I was even happy as a homeless 16 year old. It was an exciting crazy trip staying alive and trying to not look homeless! ...I always turn worry into excitement in my mind, it's a much better emotion in my opinion.
My older best mate turned 49 the other day and we were laughing that we'd never imagined being nearly 50 after our partying years.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
70's Vietnam, 80's when my kids were born and most all the 90's up until before 0bama.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Which was your fave though? You gotta have a fave!

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I would have to say ages 6-9.
We lived in a trailer park, but back then I neverunderstood the concept of money.
My mother was happy and married. I got my first bike.
I knew every single kid in a 6 block radius.
Bike rides through the bush trails- 10 kids deep, catching crawfish in the creek, building tree forts, meeting up with my crush at the park and playing on the tire swing.
playing outside till 10 pm with all the other neighbourhood kids.
coming home to find all their parents sitting around a camp fire in my back yard, drinking, socializing and having a fun time.
That always meant we all got to play together into the late hours or until we fell asleep after being told to stay in the house so they could have adult time.

If you remember the tv show “The Wonder Years” looking back at that time in my life, it was pretty much like that, except in the 80’s.
Saturday morning cartoons and the Atari 2600.

Those were the days back then man.
Going to the corner store with a note to buy my mom a pack of cigarettes.
I was always allowed to spend a dollar on candy.
A buck on candy! WHAT!? A whole dollar to myself so I can buy candy?
Man, you could fill one of the little brown paper bags to the top, filled with candy and still have 10 cents left over.
Those were truly the times back then man. The absolute best, most cherished memories of my childhood.
I’d give it all up to go back to those days.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Ahhh yeah!
I just turned on AMC and got an instant kick in the nostalgia bag!
The Goonies is on.
First time I seen it as a kid, was when we lined in that very same trailer park.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Cool stories man

Here's me aged 29 at Stonehenge with my son, went there with a girl I still love and hook up with...

EDIT
She took the picture 😊
edit on 16-7-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Your lucky though man... You live in the US where that whole 'rubber tramp' thing actually means something.

You can just jump into a car and within a few hours, be somewhere the culture is completely different.

We don't have that luxury in Australia... Don't get me wrong, you could jump into your car over here and drive away from the brutally cold winter weather, to a full blown tropical climate, within a few hours.

But... the overall typical Aussie culture always remains the same... No matter where you go.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Stonehenge would be an amazing place to visit.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

My 20s. I had a great job, absolutely enjoyed working where I was. We were like a family, would play bocce at lunch, different games.

Had a sweet Monte Carlo. I was dating a guy I worked with from a different Dept; nobody knew though. I had a key to his place, and we were inseparable. We had a quiet contentness with each other. We both enjoyed reading, and we spent so many weekends in his dumpy apt (I loved that place though); like 2 cats, curled up together reading. For a Marine he was cuddly, and would sometimes make me get up late at night and dance with him.

That was the last time I felt carefree.

edit on 16-7-2018 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-7-2018 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join