It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stupid irs robo calls

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Benderisfunny

I was getting those calls. I did not answer a call where I do not know the number and let it go to voice mail. After several threats on voice mail, I called back. I got recording saying the number I called had not been assigned yet!?? I just blocked it.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

I just had a lady on the line who said I was harrassing them, and they were filing charges. I asked them if they knew the extradition laws on this, and that it might be hard for them to file charges in the states from way off in India or Pakistan, and she said that she was from D.C. I asked why their caller ID was from Georgia, and she said "do you think I enjoy doing this? everyone does it, so what is the difference?" I have made over 50 calls to their call center number, and I think they realize I am on to them. I reported every bit of info I could get from them to the IRS investigators website. I am absolutely amazed she said that, and then said how come you don't have respect for a lady. She said Americans are disrespectful, and cuss too much. I told her she wouldn't be getting angry calls from pissed off Americans if they weren't calling to try a defraud them. Then she hung up. I am really having fun with this!

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: drifter1109

They are spoofing numbers on the caller ID to hide the fact that they are calling from out of the country.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benderisfunny
a reply to: wylekat

I just had a lady on the line who said I was harrassing them, and they were filing charges. I asked them if they knew the extradition laws on this, and that it might be hard for them to file charges in the states from way off in India or Pakistan, and she said that she was from D.C. I asked why their caller ID was from Georgia, and she said "do you think I enjoy doing this? everyone does it, so what is the difference?" I have made over 50 calls to their call center number, and I think they realize I am on to them. I reported every bit of info I could get from them to the IRS investigators website. I am absolutely amazed she said that, and then said how come you don't have respect for a lady. She said Americans are disrespectful, and cuss too much. I told her she wouldn't be getting angry calls from pissed off Americans if they weren't calling to try a defraud them. Then she hung up. I am really having fun with this!

It's a pain in the ass, but don't forget to file your info with your State Attorney Generals office!
Cover all of your bases just in case you hit the lawyer lottery.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Great advice! I believe I will do that, because the guy I just spoke to again said he was going to kill me. Not sure what he or I will be able to do about it, since he clearly does not know who I am, or where I am from...but he seemed very angry when I informed him one of their agents admitted to me they were fraudsters!

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
My husband has gotten at least one of these faux IRS calls nearly every year.

His ace up the sleeve is "Sir, you've called the actual IRS headquarters at 1111 Constitution Ave NW in Washington D.C. I'll be waiting at the doors for law enforcement." ** CLICK ** Works every time.

This year, he told them they called Canada and he wasn't giving a foreign government any money. They hung right up.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I will try this as well! I get several calls a day about this. Not sure how that guy will follow up on his murderous threats, though. Pretty much details their whole scam, I think.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Yeah, I get them a lot as well. It’s a scam, just block the number.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Be aware that telephone scammers can record your call, edit the audio and use your voice in identity theft.

Be careful to always put on a fake accent, never give your true name and address or any identifying information.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I asked him to tell me who they were calling for and they could not. He even said the wrong state I live in. They were totally cold calling, and wanted me to supply the info to them. I would not, and they got really angry. Great advice, though!

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Some years ago i switched cable comapnies and had the phone added in too. Hadnt had a land line in forever. I called for the service on Saturay, and was damn impressed when they showed up the next day Sunday to hook it up. Then the next day -before I had even diald out on it- the phone rang... telemarketers.

And so for many months various of their sorts would call at least one of them every day it seemed. Well telemarketers, and the scammers....

The "Windows Technical Department" indian scammers got particularly annoying for a while there, and eventually I decided to have some fun instead of hang up. And I was curious to try to figure out the angle they were trying to work. Anyways I recall the one Indian chick I asked her name she says "Rose". Whats the last name... "Red". Ya like your name is really Rose Red LOL.

So then I decided it was time to break out some prank call "soundboards" and call them back.

Most soundboards are just funny clips of some specific actor or character, but can still be lots of fun. But the best one I knew at the time was "You Stole My Newspaper", as the nature of all the clips were centered around aruging on the phone. The Kerpal ones are too, but this one is funnier:

Ya so I kept calling and calling for a couple hours like you did, doing different ones. It created quite an uproar in the place, which I could just picture some third world sweat shop 'boiler room' scene, no doubt as I could hear the 'everything else going on in there' I guess they had cheap gear that lacked noise canceling circuitry. Anyways eventually some supervisor type from there called me back to start snip. He called with a local area code number, and spoke pretty good English (didnt have hardly any accent). Was trying to get me to come meet and fight him. He managed to figure out some place of interest across the city. But he had to be spoofing, from over there in India.

Anyways I went on to make quite a sport out of the scheme. And I figured out the ultimate 'secret underground' hardcore prank call soundbaords: "Victim Boards".

Victim boards were people that are pranked called originally with movie etc type boards, and the prankers they recorded these calls, and the funniest ones were then turned into new soundbaords. These are th best because its quotes wrapped up entirely int he scope of being on the phone with someone. Generally they tend to have lots of 'buttons' related to bitching at them for calling you (which are the best when you call them of course). The original guy was "Frank Garret" (of "Duncan Construction"). So naturally many victim boards will feature the victim saying something about him, or asking who he is, because thats a customary board to nab people with, that old coot is like the patron saint of prank phone calls now:

So this has been going on for over a decade now, but most people dont know they exist because the sites that host all the usual 'celebrity boards' and all that stuff, well they dont actually have a link for them anywhere in the main site. I forget exactly how I found the first one, but once you know one name (you can google it and get into the 'secret' pages in the soundboard hosts, for one, and for two, what you do is play in youtube peoples recordings of the victim board names you do know, and when you check out the other suggested 'videos' you'll see other victim board namess. And on and on.

There's tons of them and this was back in 2012 when i was doing it. Classics like "Duncan" and "Stilwell Grandma" are a riot.

Playing the original clips are fin, especially when the prankers would call them back with themself (and the people actually argue with themselves because they dont know their own voice LOL).

Then there's many other kickass victim boards like Tiesha, and the most badass mofo of all time Irate Black Man:

Rick the Mulletman:

There's even a bunch of copper boards from all this ordeal:

One of the best... Chinaman!

"Can you spell the name for me, can you spell the name?!?"

Other funny ones include Co-Op Bank Lady:

Chris the Hacker:

Jesus Lady:

And on and on LOL.

Yeah so what I did was install opera browser specifically to have a dozen or so boards all pre-loaded up, so when the phone would ring I'd mad dash in and open it real quick for my daily laugh ritual.

Eventually they took me off all the lists and it got to where I'd wait weeks between calls. A real bummer. I actually contemplated calling the student loan bastards etc collection agency type t give them my number to get some action. LOLL

Enjoy!

edit on 16-7-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Between the newspaper guy, Jesus chick, and Chinaman, I'm not sure which one was more hilarious. I've got to commend the insurance agent dealing with the Chinaman one for like, 40 minutes, that woman had the patience of a fooking SAINT, as exasperated as she obviously was. It was hilarious, but dayum, cut the girl a fat check, she earned it.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Yeah with chinaman, with any of them actually the name of the 'augmented reality video game' (I call this stuff) is keep them on the phone for as long as possible. Chinaman is challenging in this sense that there's hardly any buttons total, and hardly any individual discussion topics you have to work with.

A pro calling center rep is supposed to be slick enough to not get snared that bad.

I figured out how to add a "Boss Level" to this 'video game', where I'd call hookers with Tiesha + Irate Black Man (both loaded up at the same time), where the object is to get the hooker going off the handle prompting the pimp to get on the phone. And then the object of the game is to punk the pimp, which is even a challenge for IBM because the pimps gotta be all hard show off types in their little scene on their end.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Seriously, when I started getting those IRS calls like a year ago (on my cell phone) I was vertain it had to be one of my buddies calling me with a soundboard.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I like Tom Mabes approach myself!

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   

More great advice for dealing with these bastards! Thanks for turning me on to the soundboard info...

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

I like Tom Mabes approach myself!

Ok, this had me wiping tears of laughter, epic troll is epic, Mabe is brilliant XD

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

well done

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   
My folks have been getting the runaround from some jokers who call them claiming to be the Best Buy Geek Squad.

They supposedly owe them a refund for services they could not perform ... $300! But they just need some information so they can make sure my folks get it ...

My folks have some issues, but declining mental health ain't part of it. So they like to toy with 'em.

Oh, well, you have my information. I use your services. So you can just look all that up since you have my name and house number to call me.

But we need it to deposit your refund ...

Oh, well I can just come get it ...

Oh, no, no ... We'll just deposit it!

You have my name and phone number. I also gave you my address the last time I was there. Just send me the check in the mail.

No! You have to take it. If you don't comply, your computer will be locked ...

Uh-huh ... Bye.

Idiots don't seem to get it. No one who owes a refund is going to punish you to take it if you're really that determined not to have it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join