It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump-Putin summit: 'US foolishness caused Russia tensions'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Well it's definitely weird to see the President insult his own nation before a meeting like this.
a reply to:

Whereismypassword

Yeah. I feel him when it comes to that. Old money types can be totally insufferable. But the Presidency can't be reduced to a tool for dealing with his own insecurities or grudges.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Where are you getting 4 years?

Peregruzka comrade.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Dont bother with some form of reply
There is nothing you could reply with.

So anything against Trump is dismissed. It's written in stone. Well at least that's honest.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: bsalert

Trump seems to love Kim and Putin more than he loves his own people, or am I missing something here?

The only thing you seem to not be missing is CNN.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

AI has matured. Also serves 2 scoops of icecream on side.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: neo96

But Russia's four-plus year xenophobic tirade of "bad" West has done gangbusters for our relations?

not as bad as the 10 or so years of the tirade of evil Russia, thanks to Obama. that really did wonders for our relations. although if you want to be completely honest about it, we are actually talking about somewhere in the neighbourhood of 100 years on "bad other side", from both Russia/SSSR and the west. pretty much ever since the Russian revolution that brought Russia into being a communist country during WW!.

yet even with all that long standing animosity, back in the early 2000's relations began to thaw. this due in the main part with the fact there was a common enemy, that both could see as a serious danger. the danger of terrorism. especially Muslim terrorism. both the US and the west, as well as Russia, saw the danger that this religious fanaticism was to everyone. this began a time of cooperation between the east and west, against these religious terrorist fanatics in the name of Islam. helped along of course by the fact that these Muslim terrorists were attacking both groups.

the question is, what happened to this building friendship between Russia and the west? unfortunately the US elected a President who was firmly in the corner as those religious fanatics. and even started supporting them. and most of the other western nations started to follow suit and bring in governments who were soft on these terrorists, preferring to blame themselves and the rest of the west for causing this Islamic terrorism. t yet an enemy was needed. an enemy people would see as a threat, and thus could begin to forget about the danger of Islamic terrorism. that enemy being the danger that almost 100 years of hate had drilled into us. and thus Obama and Hillary started to pour blame for anything they could on Russia.

so the sad fact is that it is true. it has been the US and the west that have caused the currant issues between the west and Russia. not helped of course at all by all the regime changes to Russian allies such as the rebellions the west and the US supported and even pushed into happening, in places like Libya, the Ukraine, and Syria. even supporting the very terrorists that both the west and Russia had started to unite to fight.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Russia has been blaming all of their woes on the West since their annexation of Crimea in 2014.

ETA: You do realize that it's 2018 and that Hillary stopped being Secretary of State in 2013, right?
edit on 7/16/2018 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: generik

What are you talking about? Obama gave Russia so much leniency during his administration. Did you forget the fact that he completely ignored the invasion of Georgia? What about the Russian reset? What about "I'll have more room to deal after the election?"

Obama did everything in power to appease Russia and the Right hated him for it. It wasn't until the last two years of Obama's time in office, following the annexation of Crimea, that he started taking a more hardline stance against them. At which point the Right then decided that Russia were our best friend.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

But in today's tweet, Trump put the blame for the deterioration of relations with Russia squarely on US domestic forces.

He was not in charge when many of the things listed below took place, but he ignores the real reasons for the current bad Russian relations and blames his own people!

The Real Reasons He Ignores:

The invasion and annexation of Crimea in 2014

Their role in shooting down flight MH-17.

& the now high probability of rigging of his election as president - by the 12 Russian agents

The Russian chemical attacks in London on former Russian spies

Ignores Putins support for President Bashar al-Assad in Syria

Is this list all fake news ? I think not

Lets be honest here - Trump is not stable

And because of this and many many other reasons he cannot be trusted, when he also insists his meeting with Putin is to be a 2 man one to one with no witnesses, you have to ask why?

Does he have something to hide?

Trump seems to love Kim and Putin more than he loves his own people, or am I missing something here?

My God, are you trump followers winning yet? What a liar! Putin ordered the Meddling personally! That is what HAS ALREADY BEEN FOUND! What a pathetic joke!

Jr called his daddy 2xs at the trump tower meeting. The meeting, he knew nothing about! Of course they were private calls, but Muller knows who he called!

Once again trump praises Russia. Meanwhile he calls our allies "foes"... worst President EVER!

Oh yeah, and I am almost 90% sure his presidency is illegitimate!

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
Oh yeah, and I am almost 90% sure his presidency is illegitimate!

Well you'd have to go back to Bubba to find a prez that some wouldn't say the same of.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Wasn't there information sourced from russia to benefit both sides of the election?

Is it possible they were playing both sides to create unrest and division no matter who won?

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Unless you've actually been to Russia to see what goes on there shut-up and sit down. This recent trend of, 'Russia is our buddy. It was the big, bad politicians of the past that made them out to be bad guys' is so detached from reality it's alarming.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Wasn't there information sourced from russia to benefit both sides of the election?

Is it possible they were playing both sides to create unrest and division no matter who won?

when a sitting president bashes all of his own intelligence agencies warnings, and sides with Russia over America???????...nope that's it....no more excuses or "whatabouts"....kick that traitor out of the white house, maybe you Russians and putin loyalists on ATS have to find another hobby

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

when a sitting president bashes all of his own intelligence agencies warnings, and sides with Russia over America???????...nope that's it....no more excuses or "whatabouts"....kick that traitor out of the white house, maybe you Russians and putin loyalists on ATS have to find another hobby

Just because I didn't put your choice of scripted spin on calling out Russia doesnt make me a Putin loyalist.

I said he played both sides to create division and unrest in our country. Looks like it's working. But you can continue to act like I have blinders on since I'm not picking a political side on this one. Both parties are morally corrupt and out for their own gain in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

well jesus, Sherlock, no kidding......but candidates and "most Americans" didn't give a rat's ass what came out of Russia, we all knew it was bulls**t propaganda...why?....because Russia has done it FOR DECADES against other countries....

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

& the now high probability of rigging of his election as president - by the 12 Russian agents

explain how that took place. You posted, it, surely you understand it and can explain it.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
Unless you've actually been to Russia to see what goes on there shut-up and sit down. This recent trend of, 'Russia is our buddy. It was the big, bad politicians of the past that made them out to be bad guys' is so detached from reality it's alarming.

Could you please expand more on this?

For real.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Heaven forbid someone actually wants evidence, something the intelligence agencies, known for being untruthful, have failed miserably to provide.

You can wrap yourself up in division and hatred all you like, but without some actual evidence presented your point is nothing more than believing one set of untruthful people over another set of untruthful people, simply because it suits the narrative you desperately need.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

but candidates and "most Americans" didn't give a rat's ass what came out of Russia, we all knew it was bulls**t propaganda...why?....because Russia has done it FOR DECADES against other countries....

And so have we. So forgive me for not getting involved in the narrative this is anything new, or further more that this isn't business as usual.

So far their tactic of playing both sides of any argument in the US is working. We have one side denying it outright (for the most part) and the other claiming it only worked in one's favor. I'll go ahead and not drink either's koolaid, look at history, and think for myself.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Heaven forbid someone actually wants evidence, something the intelligence agencies, known for being untruthful, have failed miserably to provide.

Well if we bring back McCarthyism to it's past extent, every politician will be ousted from here on out. That's their goal.

Plenty of people have proven to want to use this method to remove Trump before the investigation is even over.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join