It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Figure out a way to stop the smell

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
So I know that my cig makes a fairly overwhelming smell. But all this legal pot is driving me crazy. I have no problem with people using it but I do have a problem with the smell. I remember high school and this dude was in front of me in history after lunch period and would always smell like it. Almost as if it was cologne. I normally wouldn’t complain but now that it is legal here in NV that is all I smell at night. It sucks and smells like skunk. Last night there was an awesome storm so I decided to have the windows open for a little fresh air. I stayed up a little late considering I had a six pack and was on the Netflix. So around 3AM I went to bed. Woke up at 4 and my entire house was stinky.

Anyways sorry guys I just wanted to rant a little. I guess these ants and then this is getting to me.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Yeah, skunk weed smells rough, lol.

But just open your windows, breathe deep and hold.Exhale,then repeat.

You wont mind at all soon after that.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Just legalized here. I was at the hospital for a check up 2 weeks ago and another transplant patient was complaining about the same. It's an issue. Don't know if there's anything to do about it. Probably the same for a vegan smelling the neighbor's BBQ.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick1

Yeah, skunk weed smells rough, lol.

But just open your windows, breathe deep and hold.Exhale,then repeat.

You wont mind at all soon after that.

I like that answer. I may just try that. On accident of course.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Some people can't use edibles, vaporizers or other means. They can only get the medical relief by combusting the plant matter and inhaling the byproducts. The people who need to use that manner generally understand the pervasiveness of the smell and try to go out of their way to avoid affecting other people while taking their medicine.

Cigarette smoke has 0, zero, nil, nada medicinal benefit and not one single person smokes cigarettes to increase the quality of their life.

The people you seem to be angry with are generally ignorant people. These are the same type of ignorant people who smoke cigarettes, expel an overwhelming stink, then complain about the stink from someone else. The ability to accuse others while ignoring one's own faults is pure arrogance.

Think of all the times you might have done the very same thing you're complaining about.

Introspection before ranting helps...

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Maybe you should join them.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

It's kind of funny, and sad, to hear/read cigarette smokers complain about the smell of a type of smoke. I honestly can't stand the smell of cigarette smoke, and I've had to endure the ass smell coming from every smoker for pretty much my entire life. If we have to endure that all of the time, the least you smokers can do is endure the pot smoke. I can honestly tell you, no matter how much you don't like it, it smells a TON better than cigarette smoke. I would much rather give someone who wreaks of dope a gigantic bear hug than stand within 20 feet of someone who smells like cigarette smoke.

To be fair, though, I enjoy the smell of pot, and I know many others who do as well. I'm sure there are some out there, but I've never once heard anyone say they enjoy the smell of cigarette smoke. Yet, we have to smell it every time we're around smokers. Tit for tat, I say.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I will tell you the same thing I tell my wife when she complains about the noise from a local shooting range. Its the sound of freedom.
In your case, its the smell of freedom.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I can't even touch the stuff these days... way to much far to young, I think.

Its like, why am I here, whats my purpose? Whats the point of even existing on this lonely little rock, just endlessly drifting around in this cold dark miserable universe?

Screw all that! These days, I'd rather just get mega drunk and completely dull my senses, rather than enhance them.

Having said all that though, I can't even contemplate why anyone would have an issue with the smell... to me, it smells like what I'd imagine heaven would smell like.

If I ever had an issue with smelling it... it would be from the pure jealousy of someone else being able to indulge, even though I can't.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I had the same post lunch problem in high school.
Nasty smelling crap.

As someone with a sensitive nose, "I can smell a mouse fart"
I can sympathize with you here. Smoke, Cologne, exhaust fumes, ugh.

Fortunately I live in a rural area and about all I get here is smoke from the neighbors burning leaves.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Mmmmmmm. Better than fresh baked cookies. (Unless it’s cookies you’re smelling)

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I absolutely hate the smell of pot. I can literally smell it driving by some houses or streets.

It makes me sick to my stomach.

I had neighbors once who smoked 24/7 it seemed, so I would use multiple fans and candles to help with that.

Now curry, that’s a whole nother ballgame. The only thing that worked was when I had my Christmas tree up. Those neighbors recently moved

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Figure out a way to stop the smell

Easy Peasy.

Next problem.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Former cancer stick user myself here, and frankly?

I vastly prefer the smell of skunk weed over tobacco.

I've been off the tobacco long enough now that it smells more offensive than a rotten roadkill corpse on a hot summer day. It used to be a pleasant scent for a number of years post-quitting, now it's revolting. I'll take the stinky pot scent any day over someone smelling like a stale, filthy ashtray, thanks.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Reefer smells better than the farts coming out of peoples cars.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I sometimes wonder whether we have a right to clean air.

In SA they're on the verge of banning tobacco smoking in or close to all enclosed public spaces on the pretext of smell.
Yeah, I'm sure the cops have nothing better to do in our crime capitals but to protect the nasal vulnerabilities of militant ex-smokers.
We have some smog on wind-still days (due to traffic, but also paraffin ovens in winter), and South Africans love making wood-fired barbecues (to that the laws here are uncertain, but I saw in a magazine, if you live in a flat in Germany, you better mind where your "grill" smoke goes - your neighbors can legally complain).

Now I have allergies, and react to deodorants, perfumes and cut grass (the lawn variety).
I've been in the locker-room, and three dudes just sprayed, and it literally becomes a mist.
I was thinking, flip guys, can't you get roll-on?
I must use my asthma pump, especially after the treadmill, already out of breath and then you walk into an Old Spice haze.

Where is my protection from their aerosol allergens and chemicals?

If we want "clean" air, all pollutants must go, not just moralized tokens, or as I would coin them - "sin smells".

I'd say burn some nice incense, and the funny thing was just when I became devout (didn't last long) and burnt Hare Krishna incense every morning at 4 am they thought it was ganja!

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

HEPA filters and air freshener...

Honestly I think it's psycho-somatic. I have neighbors that smoke but I never smell it.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

"its the smell of freedom" Hells yea, I love that

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: wtfatta

I've never smoked anything in my life and don't want to inhale anyone's smoke stink.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join