It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ireland bans the importation of goods from Israeli settlements.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Ireland bans the importation of goods from Israeli settlements.
Im so proud of my country, Ireland. Hopefully more EU countries will follow suit.
Like the article states, this isnt going to harm their economy much, but its a clear message.

ISRAEL’S DEFENCE MINISTER has called for the closure of his country’s embassy in Ireland after the Seanad voted in favour of banning the importation of goods from Israeli settlements. Avigdor Lieberman tweeted that Ireland should be punished for its behaviour and said that summoning the Ambassador of Ireland was pointless.

Its not our government who voted this in, it was the opposition parties...
article here
edit on 13/7/18 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

edit on 13/7/18 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

Good effort Ireland!

I am pleased to see that someone is taking a useful stand against the illegal settlement system that is seeing Israel expand beyond its actual borders, to the detriment of the put upon peoples in its neighbouring lands.

Hopefully other nations, which take a greater share of imports from the contested regions, take note and join in, forcing Israel to withdraw within its actual borders again.

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

But do they still except imports from China, Bangladesh, India and other countries with terrible human rights records?.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Cool, now focus on China and dispute their products 😌

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
China? Pfft. They've got the world by the balls. Their products are in damn near everything everywhere.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
DA fooken ireesh

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Well done Ireland, more countries should be following suit

Additionally, while all the other countries mentioned (as some kind of diversion tactic) do have terrible human rights records, the government of Israel and their policies toward Palestine is cold, public murder

edit on -180002018-07-13T10:44:28-05:000000002831201828072018Fri, 13 Jul 2018 10:44:28 -0500 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
what hypocrites. IRA ring a bell??

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

After you chum, and by that, I mean stop using the products you own too!

Might give you a chance to think about some of your other life choices

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

But do they still except imports from China, Bangladesh, India and other countries with terrible human rights records?.

Lmao, why China? You simply cannot compare China (with at least 8000 years old rich culture) with a lousy (70 years old stealing/murdering/usury/land grabbing culture of israHELL)!

I am supper happy for the Ireland and their decisions to stand up against these israHELLi vermin.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Would you mean the rebel group that sought to oust the British from Irish lands, and cease the treatment of Irish persons as second class citizens, by agents of the Crown?

I mean, don't get me wrong, they were scum and did scummy things, but I think, like the Palestinians, people fail entirely to delve into nuance sometimes, and that is beyond stupid, when dealing with matters political.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Kkintekk

China gets a free pass because they have been a country longer....

Child labor forever!

Got it...

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Only from Israeli settlements? Why not from all of Israel; they have the power to stop the settlements if they want so if thats a big deal for your country why not go all in?

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Because if Israel cannot use those settlements to aid in wealth generation, then the families in the contested settlements will earn less money and be less able to sustain themselves, forcing them to return to areas which are not under boycott.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Gotta love the anti-semites on ATS. They have no problem with goods from dictatorships, terrorsits and Communists, but let’s deny imports from the only democracy and friendly nation in the entire region. Fools.
edit on 2018/7/13 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
AWESOME news!

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

not anti-semetic, i love my Palystinian brothers!
i love all the 'brown' people the media vilifies.

i love everyone, but i hate apartheid, so i am glad to see people waking up.
hopefully EVERYONE can be EQUAL one day in a free Palystine!

(misspelled on purpose lmfao.)

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Metallicus, don't be silly.

The boycott as far as I understand it, only applies to products issuing from the settlements, not the actual nation of Israel.

No one has a problem with Israelis, or their produce. They have a problem with purchasing goods made or reaped from illegal settlements that violate international law though. Of course, those regions are not Israeli land, so they are not a boycott on Israel at all, just on flaunting international law purely because you can.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
This is bad news for Ireland. Supernaturally we're entering a really bad period of time in this world. Actions taken against Israel could be returned on the giver sevenfold.

Ireland. That was a nice little green country you had. Was.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kkintekk

Lmao, why China? You simply cannot compare China (with at least 8000 years old rich culture) with a lousy (70 years old stealing/murdering/usury/land grabbing culture of israHELL)!

Look at what China has done to Tibet and you will see some comparisons.

Unfortunately, in the US businesses are not allowed to boycott Israeli products. Someone pushed a law to prevent that, I'm not sure who

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join