It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry: A Secret Society or a Society with Secrets?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: CanadianMason

Are its meeting places and buildings known to the general public?

Our local Masonic Temple is well known and sticks out like a sore thumb. In fact, it even has its own dedicated F*cabook page and has the occasional open day. We rarely hear anything from the lodges, but they don't really come across as being overly secretive, but what do I know.

As a side note, I was just searching for a relevant website and in doing that I discovered that there are twelve lodges locally, which surprised me, as I live on a small island that's only 9x5 miles in size. All local lodges use the same temple.

Anyway, here's a shot of the front of the temple;

Here's a shot of the inside;

Here's a 360° panoramic
VIDEO shot from inside the temple, it can be paused (I'm unable to embed, my apologies)

Interesting thread, S+F

edit on 28/12/12 by MerkabaTribeEntity because: Added Photo

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Does Freemasonry seek to keep its existence a secret?

No. Everybody knows about freemasons.

Does it have secret aims and purposes?

No. Just to help others without recognition.

Does it use secret methods to accomplish those aims and purposes (if any)?

No. They do a lot of activities to raise money for charities. Look for it, you will find them.

Does it encourage its members to conceal their connection to it?

Yes, it does. But no obscure reason.

Are Freemasons trying to accomplish something illegal or nefarious?

No.

Which books and periodicals expound upon the aims and principles of Freemasonry?

Look in the internet.

Are its meeting places and buildings known to the general public? How are these places recognizable?

No. You can walk down the street and find any masonic lodge. Mine is in a very transited street with big giants columns and a big hard not to see eye.

Are its members allowed to freely admit their own association to Freemasonry?

Yes.

edit on 13-7-2018 by Abednego because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Freemasons have already done that. It's called the United States of America. You're welcome.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Testing, testing, 1, 2, 3.

[screechingly high feedback...white noise...silence]

J.R.: Is this thing on?

[tap, tap, tap]

J.R. raises a hand to shade his eyes from the one single 'bright' light in the auditorium.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Hello, Brother. Welcome.

Really? There is no Lucifer/Devil in the Abrahamic texts? That is news to me. Do you have any resources about that for me to dive into?

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: KSigMason

I did not post to attack your belief's, you have your's and I have mine - there is only one that know's the ultimate truth and it is neither you nor I.
But despite the latter day claim's that the OLDER and CLOSER to the original time's translations were wrong?.
www.kingjamesbibleonline.org...

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

In my estimation, what a beautiful building that is, both inside and out. In my district we have 8 lodges that meet in a shared building on different days. Our building is no longer called 'Temple'; it is now called a 'Center'. Its name was changed before I even knew about it; I was surprised by the change. Nothing was said about it; it just 'happened'. I'm not sure how long ago the name change occurred before I noticed it one evening on the front entrance.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Abednego

Nice, thank you! Good solid answers. Welcome to this thread Brother.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
i'd find the whole concept of secret boys-own 'clubs' carried into adulthood only silly and juvenile, if not for the fact that so many masons are in positions of influence and power, and are beholden to the order and each other above all else. that makes them sinister.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I am in Stage 2 of 6 in my initiation of FreeMasonry. Met a lot of great members so far. Really good group of brothers.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Nice! Thank you for this: 'Bible Verses About Lucifer'. I've always thought the bible teaches about some sort of bad angel named satan or lucifer who is in opposition to God and Jesus. I personally think it's all mythical in nature. AugustusMasonicus declared that the bible does not reference lucifer or satan. I am quite interested in what he has to say about that. I hope he will return.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz5

Hello and welcome.

If only even more Masons were in control of the reigns of political power, our world would be a much better place for it. In what sense do you believe we are a "sinister" bunch?

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: CanadianMason

And also to you I am sorry if I came across as attacking that was not my intent.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Stage 2 of 6 in my initiation of FreeMasonry

Are you certain you are receiving a regular initiation? No offence intended but, by the sounds of it, you aren't.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I know that was not your intent. Nor was it mine. I've calmed down considerably now that I've realized ATS is solid with solid people - that appears to be my experience of it so far. I was on 4chan for a while before ATS; there, it's absolutely crazy and I was constantly attacked, so when I first came over here to ATS, I was still in 'defense' mode. I feel like I can drop my defenses now and just have a good time.
edit on 13-7-2018 by CanadianMason because: why not?

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: CanadianMason

I think Chinese whispers may have played a part in the mystery.

The Mason lodge in my town is just a normal building-no symbolic architecture, no ominous chanting...it's just a boring old building that could easily pass as an office block. And when they march in parades they aren't draped with gold threaded robes while burning effigies of false gods-oh wait that was Bohemian Grove.

However secrets can be hidden in plain sight, after all no one has found the HQ to my secret cabal, I Say we should leave the 'no girls allowed' club to call all atheists stupid and let them shoot some pool or whatever tickles their fancy.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Isaiah 14: 12 ~ "O Lucifer, son of the morning!"

Revelation 22:16 ~ "I Jesus...I am...the bright and morning star."

What's the difference here, or is there none?

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

That Masonic building in your town sounds a lot like mine, lol! Boring and non-descript. We're not a very artistic bunch here - we're mostly deep rock miners and accountants. Not very imaginative. I work for Correctional Services and, ironically, the outside of my Lodge building almost looks like a correctional facility. (Kidding, it's not that bad.)

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: CanadianMason
a reply to: KSigMason

Hello again, nice to see you here!

Masonic Reformation www.travelingtemplar.com...

That was a very interesting read. Bookmarked! There are a few Traditional Observance Lodges in the western part of my jurisdiction. I think the young millennials who have and are joining the fraternity are going to reform and revive Masonry. They are incredibly smart!

And also incredibly bored.

Masonry will never be revived...indeed it has been fully reformed and conquered already.

A nice place to gather and have small support groups though.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

all atheists stupid

Dr. Richard Carrier, an atheist, is my go-to guy. He's absolutely brilliant. I'd be an atheist if it weren't for the fact that I'm a Freemason. I'm right on the borderline.

edit on 13-7-2018 by CanadianMason because: 'for' not 'fot'

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join