It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US UK trade deal in jeopardy.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
Its interesting how one man has so many people stuck in an endless feedback loop.

Any thoughts on why the leaders of other countries aren't willing to push back harder against Trump? They'll contradict his flamboyance sure, but they still invite him over, pull out the red carpet and bend over backward to make it perfectly clear that they still have a great relationship with the US. How far can they be pushed before they take real action? Or is Trump acting the way he does because he knows they never will?

He's only in for another six years max - the US and Europe have had an incredibly strong relationship for the last 100 years, the economic and national security of US and Europe/FiveEyes etc.. is dependent on close relations - once someone with less teenage angst takes office things should return to normal.

They're making their disagreements known privately and diplomatically as allies are meant to conduct themselves - though aren't pulling many punches on the tariffs issue by imposing them on US orange juice in response to Trump. His withdrawal from the Copenhagen Agreement, Iranian nuclear deal, proposed NATO and WTO withdrawal is being ignored in general as the agreements are still in place.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   

President Trump criticized British Prime Minister Theresa May's handling of Brexit Thursday, telling The Sun newspaper that her plan was "very unfortunate" and would "probably" kill any possible trade deal between the U.S. and the U.K.

The comments could be seen as a body blow to May's government, which is struggling to steady itself after two key Cabinet members -- including Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson -- resigned in protest earlier this week at her plan to keep Britain and the European Union in a free market for goods, with a more distant relationship for services.

When asked about the ongoing negotiations between May's government and the EU over the terms of their divorce, Trump told The Sun: "I would have done it much differently. I actually told Theresa May how to do it but she didn’t agree, she didn’t listen to me.

"She wanted to go a different route. I would actually say that she probably went the opposite way. And that is fine, she should negotiate the best way she knows how. But it is too bad what is going on."
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Bluntly,because the US has the biggest ecomomy and the biggest military in the world. The US wields both powers with little resistance. The EU could not protect itsself from Russian aggression on its own. Hell, they couldn't even control the Serbia/Bosnia conflict on their own. The NATO troops stood by and watched ethnic cleansing going on. I love the UK, but they have no Navy anymore, and their Air Force is very effective, but tiny.
The queen had to cancel her Jubilee Naval review for a lack of ships, and the recent celebration of the RAF featured at least 50% American made planes.

So politically, Europe will have to suck it up for 7 more years.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Trump (in this case) is the little boy who is pointing out that the emperor's new clothes are a fantasy.
May's Brexit deal is keeping the UK in the EU via the back door and it is a damning indictment of our MSM that they are failing to report that.

Trump correctly identified that this stupid customs arrangement with the EU leaves us in a position of powerlessness which is exactly what we voted to be free from.

As for all those despicable louts protesting Trump, protesting Brexit, it's utterly clear that they abhor the democratic process and ought to be bloody locked up, they shame our nation.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

originally posted by: DanDanDat
Its interesting how one man has so many people stuck in an endless feedback loop.

Any thoughts on why the leaders of other countries aren't willing to push back harder against Trump? They'll contradict his flamboyance sure, but they still invite him over, pull out the red carpet and bend over backward to make it perfectly clear that they still have a great relationship with the US. How far can they be pushed before they take real action? Or is Trump acting the way he does because he knows they never will?

He's only in for another six years max - the US and Europe have had an incredibly strong relationship for the last 100 years, the economic and national security of US and Europe/FiveEyes etc.. is dependent on close relations - once someone with less teenage angst takes office things should return to normal.

They're making their disagreements known privately and diplomatically as allies are meant to conduct themselves - though aren't pulling many punches on the tariffs issue by imposing them on US orange juice in response to Trump. His withdrawal from the Copenhagen Agreement, Iranian nuclear deal, proposed NATO and WTO withdrawal is being ignored in general as the agreements are still in place.

Copenhagen agreement is Paris climate accord. President Trump told little europeans and Turdeau to get lost. Canada has since levied a carbon tax on its citizens to comply with the Paris Accords CO reduction plan.

At what cost? Well, to comply with the Paris Accord, most Canadian families are this year liable for about $1,000 more in taxes per household annually.

Remember, that’s to comply with the optional Paris Accord agreement which states its goal is to reduce worldwide carbon emission by up to 2% by 2025.

Here’s the breakdown on costs for Canadian families.

Three provinces — Alberta, Saskatchewan and Nova Scotia — will be hit with more than $1,000 of carbon tax per year to comply with the $50-per-tonne carbon tax Ottawa has mandated for 2022. Nova Scotia ($1,120) and Alberta ($1,111) will have the highest bills, followed by Saskatchewan ($1,032), New Brunswick ($963), Newfoundland ($859) and Prince Edward Island ($788). The average household in Ontario will pay $707 a year to comply with the carbon tax once its fully implemented.

Who gets the lowest bill? British Columbia ($603 per year), Quebec ($662) and Manitoba ($683). Simply put, households in provinces with the lowest bills will pay just a bit more than half compared to households in the hardest-hit provinces.

business.financialpost.com...

What about in your little country the size of a state? How much is a little liter of gas for your little clown car?

I know which course I prefer. You can advocate your position in your country just the same. The fact of the matter is the only place and people I have any concern for has President Trump it’s leader. I think you may be surprised to learn how many Americans share my experience. We do what we do and don’t give a # about you. The Paris Accords are just another boondoggle of countries no bigger than our average state sending a bunch of soy boy europeans to try to extort the greatest country in the universe.

Nope. We make the rules. We do our thing. You want to pay $1,000 more a year? You go girl. But we are laughing at you!

Just wanted to add that the USA is not dependent on europe for anything. Militarily or economically. That is actually absurd. Lol.
edit on 13-7-2018 by ArmyOf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

This is the law.

If UK remains in association to EU, then they also agree to EU being their sole trade deal, and EU will prime for any future trade deals.

So if Mrs May have structured Brexit in that manner, then there is no legal way to have trade deal with USA as well.

It is all or nothing. Remain at EU and recover from damages. Or quit completely and let the hell loose, but have your trade deals anywhere else but with EU. And eventually with them too.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Don’t ruffle your feathers for nothing there is a pro trump rally you can support

Russia wants a weak and isolated America and the Eurozone dismantled, the material they have on Trump seems to be pushing him in the right direction

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword

Don’t ruffle your feathers for nothing there is a pro trump rally you can support

Russia wants a weak and isolated America and the Eurozone dismantled, the material they have on Trump seems to be pushing him in the right direction

America is the strongest country in the history of the universe. We will be alright without those Belgium guys that dress as court jesters. Please understand how and why we have such little concern for you.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

Sadly, I am one of the Brits with a job so can't go to London to show my support.

As for the Russia thing. That's all so much hokum.

The people voted for Trump, the people voted for Brexit.

The powers that be are trying to de legitimise the votes of those people with this sort of rubbish. That is the real scandal.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: Arnie123

You’re like a brainwashed zombie
That’s the straight truth

You love a traitor to your country

Somebody a child could see through you can’t see it

Trump is a moronic fool and in the grip of Putin
And his followers are consequently…

Figure out the rest
Lmfao, this is the face of Leftist.

Enjoy it folks, a fascinating specimen indeed.

Enjoy it while it lasts...even the Illuminati is packing up and has no longer a need for them.

Will anyone of them survive?

Hard to tell, it appears they just have no clue as to what is going on.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArmyOf

America is the strongest country in the history of the universe. We will be alright without those Belgium guys that dress as court jesters. Please understand how and why we have such little concern for you.

I am reading / watching euro news. Seems President Trump is a big deal over there. Told them how it is.

You’ll never see the opposite. 90% of Americans couldn’t pick UK PM name from a list of four.

That’s just the way of things.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Many of us English people have jobs, I’m guessing a fair few at the anti protest are workers too or are you implying they are welfare sponges because I’m guessing the council house and violent pro trump rally lot today will be a mixture of workers and benefit abusers

Crazy world we live in when patriot Americans support a president in bed with the Russians and English men elevate him above their own country

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

They are either jobless, living off mummy and daddy or getting paid a hundred k a year for a three day week advising some bluechip on equality or some such.

You wont find any ordinary working class folks there we are all too busy trying to earn a bit of money in a vain effort to keep up with the taxes that the EU membership drains from our wallets.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 03:26 AM
link   

The fact of the matter is the only place and people I have any concern for has President Trump it’s leader. I think you may be surprised to learn how many Americans share my experience. We do what we do and don’t give a # about you. The Paris Accords are just another boondoggle of countries no bigger than our average state sending a bunch of soy boy europeans to try to extort the greatest country in the universe.

Oh, that's what non- four chin users call being a dick. Don't be a dick.

The UK houses the entire back-up US national defense system (minor attack on NSA hq could wipe it out), we run dat #. The US agencies don't trust each other with intel or go to them for advice and help, they ask MI6 as we don't leak everything to the press.
edit on 13-7-2018 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   

The fact of the matter is the only place and people I have any concern for has President Trump it’s leader. I think you may be surprised to learn how many Americans share my experience. We do what we do and don’t give a # about you. The Paris Accords are just another boondoggle of countries no bigger than our average state sending a bunch of soy boy europeans to try to extort the greatest country in the universe.

I do what I want when I want to. For instance, every time a muslim runs over and kills little europeans; I laugh.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 04:03 AM
link   

I do what I want when I want to. For instance, every time a muslim runs over and kills little europeans; I laugh.

So do I. Four Lions is one of my favourite comedies (a film about four UK born jihadi suicide bombers):

edit on 13-7-2018 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Just a tip, n00bie -- thumping the chest and grunting too much while still wet behind the ears doesn't get you much here.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 04:15 AM
link   

So do I. Four Lions is one of my favourite comedies (a film about four UK born jihadi suicide bombers):

That’s hilarious!! Seems a persuasive Muslim culture over there in England?

I haven’t seen it, so gotta ask: does it end anti climatically with all the little euros singing a song in city center in response to muslims blowing up their choldren?

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Just a tip, n00bie -- thumping the chest and grunting too much while still wet behind the ears doesn't get you much here.

Jesus Christ LOL!!!!!

Just to add some context but you sound like the biggest fool. Nobody wants to be you On what planet was that a good rebuttal?

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: deckdel

Exactly, star from me. Trump doesn't always articulate things in a politicians way, but fact, the UK won't be able to make its own deals under May's proposal. I believe she was a reamainer as well, so that says a lot.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join