It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water is not essential to life.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Badams

My teeth are fine for now.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: WillSawyet

As someone who works in the Maxillofacial and Dental surgical field, they wont be for long if you live off carbonated sugar water.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
10 pages on this absurd topic? Give it up people.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

LOL I have to watch that again.

Don't you drink water

You mean like out of the toilet

not only the obvious thats been mentioned drinking nothing but sodas may seem fine and dandy,while you are youngish,but you are taxing your kidneys when at the very least a glass of water sans the sugar gives you a chance to not have to work 24/7. Not to mention those pesky allergens can pop up later in life too.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

LOL I have to watch that again.

Don't you drink water

You mean like out of the toilet

not only the obvious thats been mentioned drinking nothing but sodas may seem fine and dandy,while you are youngish,but you are taxing your kidneys when at the very least a glass of water sans the sugar gives you a chance to not have to work 24/7. Not to mention those pesky allergens can pop up later in life too.

I can always drink milk or juice.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
10 pages on this absurd topic? Give it up people.

It isn't absurd since there are news articles about it.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Water is in everything, you can even absorb it through your skin in the water or from the humid air some times. I like water, but not the crap that comes out of the tap or a plastic bottle. I drink coffee for a high precentage of my water and usually eat a cup of soup every day. I do drink maybe three glasses of our well water a day, it tastes good, like water should.

I do not care for plain water run through a purifier, it almost makes my mouth dryer.

If a person can process the sugar correctly in soda, they can drink soda. If you consume a lot of sugar, it is wise not to consume too much salt, that combo can wreak havoc in our bodies.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

It isn't absurd since there are news articles about it.

There are news articles about a lot of things, and most of those things are missing critical data points that would otherwise change the entire story. But telling the truth doesn't sell subscriptions and ad space.

Edit:

Also, you're arguing against the very make-up of the human body. You lost this argument with your title.
edit on 12 7 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

The daily mail is in no way a scientific publication, or even a particularly accurate news website. After reading - no, suffering - through the article, it doesn't say it causes a life threatening reaction in her throat, it stipulates she will get a sore throat. She drinks carbonated soft drinks as she can tolerate it, as other compounds are diluted into the water meaning its not "pure" - but its still 70% water. Tolerating something generally means you can put up with the negative affects it produces. Also, with 1 : 230 000 000 people suffering from it, enough is not yet known about it to draw any meaningful conclusions beyond conjecture.

In conclusion: Yes, water is essential for life. Thoes poor buggers have to cause themselves harm to drink water to sustain themselves, it would suck to be them.

Finally, no, ATS isn't going to give you the excuse you seem to need to have a very unhealthy diet.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
10 pages. Unbelievable!

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Occam? I'm loving this back n fort! You are spot on medically and scientifically... Love your points! I'm thinking this is not gonna end well for the OP.

One will die in 3-7 days typically without water in any form.....

MS/EMT

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
This seems to fit here

How long can you go without a drink?

as opposed to the OP... water is essential for life

Test it for yourself...

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Badams

Just had to pop in with kudos to you Badams. Don't encourage this idiocy... We both know the reality. You in your field, me in mine. I'm now going with "TROLL" after 10 pages!

Thanks friend! best......

MS
(Your friendly neighborhood EMT/Life Support-911)

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Badams

The daily mail is in no way a scientific publication, or even a particularly accurate news website. After reading - no, suffering - through the article, it doesn't say it causes a life threatening reaction in her throat, it stipulates she will get a sore throat. She drinks carbonated soft drinks as she can tolerate it, as other compounds are diluted into the water meaning its not "pure" - but its still 70% water. Tolerating something generally means you can put up with the negative affects it produces. Also, with 1 : 230 000 000 people suffering from it, enough is not yet known about it to draw any meaningful conclusions beyond conjecture.

In conclusion: Yes, water is essential for life. Thoes poor buggers have to cause themselves harm to drink water to sustain themselves, it would suck to be them.

Finally, no, ATS isn't going to give you the excuse you seem to need to have a very unhealthy diet.

So if someone was severely allergic to peanuts and ate peanut butter they'd be okay since it isn't pure peanut?

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Thanks mate! Lately, idoocy seems to be plaguing this site that I joined specifically to combat that exact thing. Well, where my field doesn't save lives like yours does and I don't have the education you have to be a first responder, I'd like to think I know enough biology to shut the OP's ridiculous notion down.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

No, because they go into anaphylactic shock, something the subject of the article doesnt get from water. Allergies are on a scale, people can be allergic to something that causes them only little harm, all the way to sudden death.

To put this into words you may understand a little easier, as you seem to be pretty ignorant, Person A who is "allergic" to peanuts may get hives when they eat them. Person B who is also "allergic" may go into anaphylactic shock and die before a ambulance can arrive. It all depends of the severity of their reaction to the allergen.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join