It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter Strzok Testimony Before Congress 07-12-18

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

He took his political inclination inside the office, being in charge of an investigation, who was looking at the opposition candidate, and his texts proved he had a bias. He didn't wanted Trump to get elected and he said he was going to stop him.

Is that so hard for you to understand? Or you're just playing dumb?

Rhetorical question, btw.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Gohmert's stupidest is not being investigated here.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Can we talk about this female sitting behind him??? WTF. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills because no one is seeing this.

Creepy gif that looks (to me) like her controlling Strzok at below link.

twitter.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

www.bloomberg.com...

“Deputy Director McCabe testified before the committee in December 2017 that no surveillance warrant would have been sought from the FISC without the Steele dossier information,” the memo said, referring to FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, who stepped down from that job this week.

Still opinion?

A key question is what evidence was used to secure warrants from the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act court resulting in wiretaps on Trump associates, including Page. The Steele dossier is filled with unverified allegations about Trump’s connections to Russia, some of them salacious.

www.nationalreview.com...

Did the FBI and Justice Department use Steele’s information to get the FISA warrant? One certainly hopes not, for two salient reasons. First, the dossier, particularly as it relates to Page, is incredibly far-fetched. I am assuming that, at the time it began receiving the dossier reports, the FBI did not know that Steele was working for the Clinton campaign — indeed, we do not yet know whether Steele himself knew who, ultimately, was paying for his work. If the bureau were aware of the Clinton campaign’s role, using the dossier would be indefensible. We should assume for now, though, that if investigators were scrupulous enough to resist seeking a warrant for Page while he was officially connected to the Trump campaign, they would doubly have avoided using one campaign’s information as a basis for spying on its opposition. Nevertheless, the explosive information was unverified. There were abundant reasons to doubt its veracity when it came to Page. And the FBI could easily have taken measures less drastic than seeking court-ordered surveillance; it could, for example, have interviewed Page, who had cooperated with the FBI in the past.
The second reason to hope the dossier was not used is more alarming. If the FBI and Justice Department relied on it, this would very likely mean that they fell victim to an influence operation, based on false information, by Russian intelligence services. Steele’s sources are unidentified Russians, at least some of whom knew Steele to be a spy for hire. It is possible, if not likely, that these Russians fed Steele false information in order to see if Western intelligence services would bite and, if the Kremlin got lucky, to sow discord and chaos into the American political system. I hope they did not succeed, but we need to find out.
One more disturbing fact: Because Page is a U.S. citizen, the Justice Department and FBI would have had to show the FISA court not only that he was acting as a foreign agent for Russia but that his activities involved or may have involved violations of federal criminal statutes. (See Section 1801(b)(2) of Title 50, U.S. Code.) I don’t know of any basis for attributing criminal activity to Page other than the Steele dossier — but, of course, I don’t know everything the FBI knows.

and then there was this.....
www.washingtontimes.com...

The U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia judge presiding over the criminal case for President Donald Trump’s former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn has been recused from handling the case, a court spokeswoman said on Thursday. According to a court filing, U.S. District Court Judge Rudolph Contreras, who presided over a Dec. 1 hearing where Flynn pleaded guilty to lying to the Federal Bureau of Investigation about his contacts with Russia, will no longer handle the case. Court spokeswoman Lisa Klem did not say why Contreras was recused, and added that the case was randomly reassigned.

and this...
www.washingtonexaminer.com...

Peter Strzok, a top FBI counterintelligence agent who exchanged anti-Trump messages with his mistress, had a personal relationship with the federal judge who recused himself from overseeing former national security adviser Michael Flynn’s case last year, according to a new report.
The relationship between Strzok and U.S. District Court Judge Rudolph Contreras, who was appointed to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court, was disclosed in text messages between Strzok and FBI attorney Lisa Page, and obtained by Fox News.
“Rudy is on the FISC! Did you know that?” Page said in a text to Strzok in July 2016. “Just appointed two months ago.” “I did,” Strozk said in response. “We talked about it before and after. I need to get together with him.” The two also discussed how Strzok needed to be careful about what he discussed with Contreras to avoid putting him “into a situation where he’d have to recuse himself.”

This is not going to go away.
This is why bias is a problem.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

He took his political inclination inside the office, being in charge of an investigation, who was looking at the opposition candidate, and his texts proved he had a bias. He didn't wanted Trump to get elected and he said he was going to stop him.

Is that so hard for you to understand? Or you're just playing dumb?

Rhetorical question, btw.

So now you're a mind-reader?

This texts were sent to his girlfriend. Sure, he had a bias. Most people do. Most people in the FBI are typically conservative and Republican. Does that mean everything the FBI has ever done is biased toward Republicans?

Nope.

Strzok didn't operate in a vacuum, he had people above him and below him working on the same materials he was working on, and an Inspector General has looked EXTENSIVELY at his actions and has found no wrong-doing.

Come back to the real world, we miss ya.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Everyone is biased. Are you kidding?

Americans, even those working for law enforcement, are allowed to have political beliefs. However, they are professionals and they don't let that affect their judgement. If they do, the agencies have mechanisms in place to limit the impact of that and make it evident.

Yeah, what you originally cited is still opinion. That's why it's marked OPINION at the top of the webpage.

It is and has been well-known that the raw intelligence material GATHERED by Chris Steele for Fusion GPS CORROBORATED other information that had been gathered in the investigation including material from the AUSTRAILIAN AMBASSADOR.

Keep carrying water for the Republican grifters, Shooter.
edit on 13-7-2018 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Funny you choose not to dispute the Mccabe quote about the fisa warrant.
Funny you choose not to discuss Contreras.

No worries, the IG is still working and the report from "crossfire hurricane" will be released. Interesting how Strzok keeps showing up at key points of both investigations.

Funny you seemed to have been against the government spying on its citizens without cause in the past.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Funny you choose not to dispute the Mccabe quote about the fisa warrant.
Funny you choose not to discuss Contreras.

No worries, the IG is still working and the report from "crossfire hurricane" will be released. Interesting how Strzok keeps showing up at key points of both investigations.

Funny you seemed to have been against the government spying on its citizens without cause in the past.

Why would I dispute the McCabe quote? I just stated that the information in "the Steele dossier" CORROBORATED other intelligence that had been gathered, thus improving the evidence for the request for a FISA warrant(s).

You mentioned Contreras why would I repeat it? Your citation claims that she changed jobs. She and Strzok knew each other? Well, that's concerning, isn't it ... if we forget that these people in law enforcment and the court systems work hand in hand with each other all the time ...

Crossfire Hurricane? Don't you know what that is? I referred to that when I mentioned the Austrailian Ambassador.

Do try to keep up.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Oh, believe me, I am against the Government spying on us illegitimately (and even legitimately).

The FISA warrants were not issued illegitimately. If you have proof of that, show it.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

It is and has been well-known that the raw intelligence material GATHERED by Chris Steele for Fusion GPS CORROBORATED other information that had been gathered in the investigation including material from the AUSTRAILIAN AMBASSADOR.

If you would be so kind as to site this "well known" fact I would greatly appreciate it.
Last I knew Steele told a court in England the dossier was unverified.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: BlueAjah

You didn't know that Fusion GPS was hired to produce opposition materials?

Gee, I think most of us knew that ... what, a year, year-and-a-half ago?

Glad you're catching up, LOL.

Of course I knew. The point is that in previous testimony to Congress, Simpson said that Fusion GPS did not speak to the FBI.
The story so far has been that the dossier came to the FBI through other channels.
But Congress has a Strzok email showing that he received a copy of the dossier that came to them through Corn and Simpson.
And Strzok finally admitted that the information came to the FBI from Bruce Ohr.

So... their original narrative on how they came upon the information fell apart.

edit on 7/13/18 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

If you would be so kind as to site this "well known" fact I would greatly appreciate it.

Do you understand the value of raw intelligence? If not, I suppose I could Google it for you.

Do you need evidence that the material in the Steele Dossier corroborated other information? I suppose I can fetch that for you as well.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I thought Strzok couldn't/wouldn't comment on the Dossier, or should I say, the THREE Dossiers.

Strange isn't it? ... how the MSM is ignoring Strzok's big reveal that the dossier came through Bruce Ohr.
Did you notice in the hearing how all of Strzok's team's faces fell when he said that?
Then one of the attorneys handed him a note, and facepalmed with a very obvious "ohh sh**" face.

It was funny how Jim Jordan made him repeat what he said, just to make sure it was obvious that he meant it.

edit on 7/13/18 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Well, that's concerning, isn't it ... if we forget that these people in law enforcment and the court systems work hand in hand with each other all the time ...

When the leos discuss this it is...

“Rudy is on the FISC! Did you know that?” Page said in a text to Strzok in July 2016. “Just appointed two months ago.” “I did,” Strozk said in response. “We talked about it before and after. I need to get together with him.” The two also discussed how Strzok needed to be careful about what he discussed with Contreras to avoid putting him “into a situation where he’d have to recuse himself.”

Looks really shady to me.
But hey no reason to question these two peoples morals right? Not like they go home and lie to their familys or anything....Surely they are fine upstanding pillars of the community, their credibility way beyond reproach right.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

No. The texts were sent to ANOTHER FBI AGENT, which he happened to have an extramarital affair. "Girlfriend" my arse. Stop trying to distort this to make it look less worst.

Your strategy here is getting old, with your fancy words and deflections.

Sure, most people has a bias, you can tell that, huh?

But in the moment he walks into the office he must leave this bias behind him.

Which he didn't.

And I'm glad you mentioned the IG report:

“We were deeply troubled by text messages sent by Strzok and Page that potentially indicated or created the appearance that investigative decisions were impacted by bias or improper considerations,”

Wait there's more.

“It is not only indicative of a biased state of mind but, even more seriously, implies a willingness to take official action to impact the presidential candidate’s electoral prospects,” the IG said.

One more in case you're still confuse...

"Strzok’s decision to prioritize the Russia investigation over following up on the midyear-related investigative lead discovered on the [Anthony] Weiner laptop in October 2016, these text messages led us to conclude that we did not have confidence that Strzok’s decision was free from bias.”

edit on 13/7/2018 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

It was funny how Jim Jordan made him repeat what he said, just to make sure it was obvious that he meant it.

Strzok was under oath, and won't be able to walk any of that back.
The dots are beginning to be connected. Bad things for those involved.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Did you forget that Mr. Strzok also went to London to acquire intelligence from the Austrialian Ambassador?

Which resulted apparently in the Russia-Trump Campaign Investigation?

In what context did Simpson say that "Fusion GPS did not speak to the FBI"?

Not to put too fine an edge on it, I've noticed on many occasions that you tend to relay information in the way that best suits your narrative.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

edit on 13/7/18 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Do you understand the value of raw intelligence? If not, I suppose I could Google it for you.

Do you need evidence that the material in the Steele Dossier corroborated other information? I suppose I can fetch that for you as well.

You think that "raw intelligence" should have been used in a fisa warrant against a us citizen? That information becomes vastly more important when the former DD of the FBI states under oath that the fisa warrant WOULD NOT have been sought without it.
Still no charges on Page are there?
I am not looking to get sideways with you on this issue, as I think we both have issues with government over reach and its spying on its citizens. More than anything else I do not want to see is this mess repeated from the current administration. Using the usa or its allies IC to spy on an opposition political campaign is completely unacceptable period no matter who does it.
If trump or anyone in his cabinet or campaign is found to have committed crimes by the mueller investigation, I will be very vocal about removing them from office.
edit on 13/7/2018 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ShamnaOahu

Can we talk about this female sitting behind him??? WTF. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills because no one is seeing this.

Creepy gif that looks (to me) like her controlling Strzok at below link.

twitter.com...

Clearly, she's a witch.

There's a Pete Strzok voodoo doll somewhere.

new topics

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join