It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genocide of Christians: 6,000 Nigerian Christians Slaughtered So Far In 2018

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I can totally believe what you say. But my point is only that many people will deny there is a genocide on Christians regardless of the truth or because many Christians believe there is widespread persecution against their believers. I wouldn't condemn anyone who is worried about their own people, it's only natural and charity begins at home in my opinion.

I would think that a good number of Christian believers are concerned about genocide against any other group regardless of their religious or nonreligious affiliations. If they are genuine in their faith to Christ, they would be concerned about all of humanity. Many Christian organizations and charities give aid to those who need it regardless of the faith of those who suffer.
edit on 12-7-2018 by MichiganSwampBuck because: typo

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

The problem is, it's not true, it's the wrong way to look at what's happening, and if you can't recognize the actual problem you cannot fix it.

The problem isn't genocide towards Christians, and any attempt to frame it that way completely misses the mark. I mean really, how would a christian vs muslim religious war fix anything? Focusing on the Christians can only result in a religious war.

The problem is that a specific sect of muslims are against everyone that doesn't fit into their mold. The Christians are a part of that, but not the whole part, or even the biggest part. The problem is the muslim sects hatred of anyone not like them. THAT should be the focus. Anything else is not attacking the problem and framing it wrongly which can only result in combating it wrongly.

War against the cause not a symptom. One needs wonder why the Christians try to frame it in such a Christian centric light. Is it possible they approve of the death towards atheists and homosexuals? I mean Christianity isn't exactly supportive of either. One wonders why they don't want to recognize them in their fight. Perhaps because the only change they truly care about is how the Christians are treated and have no desire to pick up the banner of the minorities they don't really care about either.

If they can win purely Christian support then they can help the Christians while not helping the others, and allow the regions hate towards homosexuals and atheists to continue while they take none of the blame. Hate through inaction.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

In other words, you think you think we would leave all the rest behind to die?

You know, like we simply left all the Jews and the other undesirables in the concentration camps and only brought out the Christians during WWII.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Not sure. Not exactly the same scenario.
edit on 7/12/2018 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

They can't do that.

Christians are dominant culture group and need to be cut down to size. Those poor Muslims over there are probably just correcting historic injustices, and soon we'll get to do that over here too! /leftist

Sadly, there are many who actually think that way! Same as those who condemn people who voted for Trump, for a better economy, and would prefer those people just died off, or whatever.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
So, when are the marches and protests demanding these people be given refugee status, and brought here?

Anyone on the Left? Anyone?

Anyone on the Right? Anyone?
But such religious conflicts is plaguing much of northern Nigeria, the most violent is BokoHaram who murders both Christians and Muslims who do not share their creed.
Meanwhile in Central African Republic.
Christians are doing their thing of our father can whoop your father who art in heaven.

www.cbsnews.com...=https://www.google.com&_tf=F rom%20%251%24s

Plenty of Christians protest this sort of thing, and are typically told it "isn't happening", or some such nonsense.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join