It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Of Man Harassing Woman Over Puerto Rican Flag Shirt Prompts Investigation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: angeldoll

1. I'd not call the guy a redneck.
2. Was there some part of "immediately arrestable" which you didn't follow? The woman was right to call the cops and the cop was right to assess the situation first rather than come swooping in and immediately take down the man making the woman "uncomfortable."

good for you, but why did you put 'uncomfortable' in quotes. You still refuse to accept the fact that the SOB was harassing her, scaring her, and appeared threatening to her. You are minimizing his actions for reasons I don't comprehend, unless of course, you think it's "okay" to follow a woman in a park attending a birthday party and harass the # out of her because you don't like what's she wearing?

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I think I recognize that guy from the mud pit. He's quite popular and has an avytar sporting a tough guy with a pistol.

Evidently he's been cloned into multiples.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I think I recognize that guy from the mud pit. He's quite popular and has an avytar sporting a tough guy with a pistol.

Well...I'm right here...

Edit to add -Puerto Rico deserved better. Much Bettter.
edit on Wed, 11 Jul 2018 18:19:30 -0500 by MemoryShock because: Does this edit matter?

One more edit - Ignored? Lol. Rhetorical skills are a thing, My Friend...
edit on Wed, 11 Jul 2018 18:20:40 -0500 by MemoryShock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I didn't minimize anything except the criticism of the first reporting officer, you need to reread.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I didn't minimize anything except the criticism of the first reporting officer, you need to reread.

I still think he waited too long and the drunk guy was in danger of escalating the situation. I would have told my wife to take him down. She would have been in Jail for beating an old racist but she would have been safe.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I recently dealt with an irate old man. Long story which I won't be getting into on here, but I will tell you pointing and laughing at them as they rage is worth the price of admission. Make a game of it... see if your amusement can push them over the edge into a full on stroke out or, if they storm away, mock them loudly as they go.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DieGloke

Being an idiot isn't illegal.

Why are there calls for a police investigation?

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I recently dealt with an irate old man. Long story which I won't be getting into on here, but I will tell you pointing and laughing at them as they rage is worth the price of admission. Make a game of it... see if your amusement can push them over the edge into a full on stroke out or, if they storm away, mock them loudly as they go.

I did that to my cousin.

He pulled a gun on me.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

1. I'd not call the guy a redneck.
2. Was there some part of "immediately arrestable" which you didn't follow? The woman was right to call the cops and the cop was right to assess the situation first rather than come swooping in and immediately take down the man making the woman "uncomfortable."

good for you, but why did you put 'uncomfortable' in quotes. You still refuse to accept the fact that the SOB was harassing her, scaring her, and appeared threatening to her. You are minimizing his actions for reasons I don't comprehend, unless of course, you think it's "okay" to follow a woman in a park attending a birthday party and harass the # out of her because you don't like what's she wearing?

What he did isn't technically harassment under the law.

People in public actually are allowed to be annoying idiots for the most part.

I don't think yall are being realistic about this at all.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
a reply to: DieGloke

Being an idiot isn't illegal.

Why are there calls for a police investigation?

Drunk and disorderly conduct is why I guess he was arrested.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
What I wonder is why everyone feels the need to start crap with each other.

Why does everyone want to punish an hurt everyone?

Whatever happened to live and let live? Why can't we just mind our own business?

So many ppl are psychos waiting to be triggered into the next tantrum...

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
It looks like the LEO called for backup pretty quickly. But then he turned his back on the woman and walked away as she was asking for assistance. That was a straight-up pussy move. I didn't see him get involved until the guy with the orange shirt put himself between the woman and the drunk; and the drunk retreated to the other side of the shelter to get protection from the officer.

When the drunk got in the woman's face, the LEO should definitely have intervened. I think that could have quickly degenerated into a full on physical assault. It was funny to watch the look on "mr. muscle shirt" when the big guy with the orange shirt showed up.

I also have to wonder whether the drunk was getting in the woman's face so he could cop an accidental feel. The video she took showing her attire also showed a woman with a nice figure.

This is my humble opinion as someone who was not there. I suspect there are other extenuating circumstances that aren't readily apparent and could shine more light on the whole encounter.

-dex

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Considering he looks close to 80 and has the audacity to sport a muscle shirt in a public park should be enough to disqualify any opinions he spews forth

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Why is there a thread for every moron who says or does somethong as equally as idiotic as this

Hmmm... Let me think...

Oh yeah. Divide and conquer

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I did that to my cousin.

He pulled a gun on me.

I had a big bore hand cannon on my hip during my dealings with the angry old fart. No firearms were drawn during it.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I hear you, but you can see how it would escalate? Right especially it being a woman. I just think the cop could have walked over and simmered that guy down a bit.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Good take a look at the post where the black lady beat up that old Mexican man. How many posts there were removed or not removed but flat out about her race, and I suspect the race of all black people? So yea, they can make this about race.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I did that to my cousin.

He pulled a gun on me.

I had a big bore hand cannon on my hip during my dealings with the angry old fart. No firearms were drawn during it.

Point is: "After the fact"

Judgement is so easy.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join