It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Jim Carrey Awake?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: YouAreDreaming

On one hand, he's an artist who doesn't need to sell his art to get by which can be seen as a lucky situation and liberating. On the other hand, he's a comedian and a common trait is needing approval and attention. Chances are he's caught on the psychological horns of a profound dilemma.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Ideas and beliefs can and do impact our environment, especially others. I would be a totally ignorant, deceptive bastard to say otherwise. Many of those that dont recognize this (most people) are actively and consistently shooting themselves and everyone else in the foot by their lack of awareness.

Trust me when I say it is a tremendous pain in the ass to be around people that are notorious for projecting bullsnip all over the place, including false beliefs about someone else's impact and "vibe", without realizing they themselves are contributing and could very well be the cause of the bullsnip.

Then there are, of course, the vehement denialists that tout their opinions as facts, veiled by deceit, manipulation, confusion, and coerced, false logic. They are fun to overwhelm with impossible-to-ignore high strangeness. Very satisfying to see a disrespectful jack ass go cross eyed from sheer mind overload as their disbelief is torn asunder like the Titanic.

Carey is in a crisis that much is clear to me, but hes also in a period of life where he has an opportunity to grow and learn, and hopefully come out of it with a stronger, better way of being.

But i should just fall in step with the group think here and call him a dumbass, worthless piece of crap that is insane.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I agree with your sentiment with the exception of one person, David Chappelle.
I just watched a show he had 20 years ago and was shocked how much still is relevant today.
He happens to be a comedian, but I think he is also a brilliant person in general.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

Extremely well put together reply. Thank-you. Hopefully Jim does come into his truth as do we all in what ever path takes us to a better understanding of self and our relationship with reality.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Seems he discovered the truth. The basic truths of all the mystery schools, secret societies, etc. Our history, who we are, where we are going, etc. People make jokes but it is seriously pretty sad. The info is out there, everywhere, yet people will still not look at it.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Skorpiogurl

Ya mean De Niro isnt in the mafia?

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
He ate mushrooms in preperation for acting the role as Terence McKenna. Maybe that explains it? I sure know I was a different person after a year or two experimenting with psychadelics. Better or worse, I dont know, just different.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Man, I love Jim Carrey, but his cheese has slid waaaaay off his cracker.

I feel really bad for him, it seems the death of his ex pushed him over the edge. Get well soon Jim!

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

What i find interesting is the same sort of posts that were levelled at videos of Trump. Armchair psychiatry go!!!
I wonder how they'd feel if their employers HR department had their ATS posting history.

Muwhahaha

:

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I have a suspicion that maybe the Truman show was instrumental in planting seeds with him

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Exactly...nothing like groupthink on a site whose motto is deny ignorance.
Rather sad. In a milieu of freedom to practise and search for spirituality or to think outside societies propaganda through choice of greater knowledge options it appears that nothing has changed since Galileos day.
The Spanish inquisition is alive and well

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Thank you for that, and thanks for making this thread.

Ive read a lot about Jim Carey over the last several years, lots of opinions and outright accusations. I never weighed in on his situation, and felt like this was a good venue to do so.

I think some of us are at a similar point in terms of our conscious awareness and self reflection, and its not surprising to see a lot of people like this seeming to embody a more proactive and optimistic mind set, along with an ability to consider possibilties.

It is honestly an incredible relief, to put it lightly, and itd seem as though more and more people are kind of "wising up" to their own, unique form of self actualization and betterment. It may not seem like it, but no one ever said that itd make sense to those on the outside, looking in, on a person going through the #, to eventually become a stronger, wiser human.

edit on 7112018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Chappelle was blacklisted for going against the grain they nearly bankrupted him . 10 years in the wilderness

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Could be.

He's in the position of being anything he wants to be. Hopefully he has people who ground him.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

A Tree must have roots, in order to branch out, and grow.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

See: www.youtube.com...

The Human Body is 75% Water below the neck and 85% Water above the neck; We ARE water...

Stay Hydrated...

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nettlas
He ate mushrooms in preperation for acting the role as Terence McKenna. Maybe that explains it? I sure know I was a different person after a year or two experimenting with psychadelics. Better or worse, I dont know, just different.

Unfortunately that was fake news because I'd love to see him do a movie like that. It would explain his behavior however no mention on the IMDB and the article from his publicist states it was fake news.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Self-awareness and self-edification through experience is one way we come into a deeper understanding. When it comes to truth, I don't believe anyone can give another person a truth because like any good school, and this being the school of life we all are doing our own homework. Truth is realized through epiphanies, study, questioning, seeking answers and dismissing the filters in the way aka beliefs and other people's experiences.

Truth is a direct experience for each person seeking it. But this is also my opinion. I don't buy into fast-food spiritualism or awakening as that process can well... take lifetimes

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
What's worse - Jim Carrey acting like Jim Carrey or someone making a 39 minute video analyzing Jim Carrey?

Talk about a waste of time. I went 10 minute and only because I was enjoying the reporter interview Carrey.

edit on 7-11-2018 by LogicalGraphitti because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I don't know why, but this scene from The Truman Show reminds me of what it must have felt like to be a Bernie supporter at the Democratic National Convention... when you finally start to realize that it's all a farce.

edit on 11-7-2018 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join