It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Jim Carrey Awake?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
A discussion debating if Jim Carrey is awake and the impact of ideas and beliefs with their affect on other people.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Who cares.

Carey is dumb or was it dumber.

Oh well I'm half asleep.

Get back to me when the sleeper has AWAKEN.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: YouAreDreaming

legitimizing a Hollywood personality as some kind of life coach is a joke. Their job is to dance when directed to, for the camera. They are paid well to dance, and will do whatever number is demanded by the director. But that's where their influence ends. Jim Carey is allowed to have political opinions and he is free to shout them from the rooftops. His status doesn't make his message any more right or important than mine, but he is heard, where I may not be. Sadly, critical thinking isn't implemented as often as it should be.

Jim Carey, Al Pachino, or any other Hollywood star is just a person at the end of the day. Something I learned while being in business for myself, is that alienating anyone over politics or religion, or most other opinion based things is a bad move. I can vent my thoughts here, anonymously, and likely none of my customers will know it's me. So when I'm in their place of business doing my job, I sure don't try to tell them how wrong they are in my eyes. I do what I need to, smile, and leave, then send an invoice.

But I do think that when a Hollywood person says something publicly that would get the average person put in jail or at least questioned, they should live under the same rules. Life rarely works that way, but Karma usually does her thing in the end, even if we aren't witness to it. Jim is as woke as he thinks he is. I just hope he will know what to do with himself when Trump is no longer president.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: YouAreDreaming

The way I see it is this. I would like others to be awake but Jim is only ignorant and stupid. My dad tries to pull the same crap on me but then in private talks about shady business deals and high up peoples personal affairs. I don’t give two craps about them or your deals. And Jim reminds me of him so I can only assume they are buddies and are both stupid.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I thought Jim Carrey was in a lunatic asylum doing art.... did they let him out?

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator
I thought Jim Carrey was in a lunatic asylum doing art.... did they let him out?

Yeah they let him go after he started taking those pills. I guess no one told him those can have a negative affect if improperly taken.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Why would anyone look to an actor for political or social advice? They are actors, not thinkers, and many have a limited education, rarely venture outside their Hollywood circles and don't have much in common with regular folks. Clowns like Carey and Baldwin seem to think their fame qualifies them as experts in multiple disciplines. This may be the only thing funny about these narcissists.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
No, he's definitely not "woke". Please people.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
His career started as a master impersonator. Could impersonate tons of famous people. I see that his still doing impersonations...….he's trying to impersonate a smart sane person...…Fail. I guess the guilt from the whole "girlfriend killing herself with your medications thingy" is weighing heavy on that frozen lil brain.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
He on drugs

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
He on drugs

Maybe drugs are on Carey.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Never ask for advice from a lawyer or a doctor, they're trained to look for problems, not find solutions.

Never take religious or political advice from an actor or actress. They only play political and religious advisors in the movies or on TV.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Can't watch the video due to company data plan,
What's he supposedly "awake" about?

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
He strikes me as a good guy.
Funny actor. Interesting painter.
Don't know him personally, but I am happy for his success.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
What's he supposedly "awake" about?

The nature of non-consensus reality and the illusion of personal identity.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
if by awake you mean heavily medicated then yes, he is awake.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It is difficult to evaluate someone unless you have had a chance to look them in the eye, however, from what he says he strikes me as a moron.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

Same here. He's found his own peace and seems to be centred on positivity.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
If you call being a shill for pseudo-occultic New Age ideas “awake”.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

He's one of my favorite comedians, but like all of us clearly has suffered loss and other skeletons in the closet. I think he's still searching for his truth and hopefully he winds up living it fully.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join