It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NFLPA files grievance against NFL's anthem policy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: Thejoncrichton

I care. Everyone should care.

Why is an empty gesture so important?

So really the respect or whatever you want to call it don't matter?
Just shut up and stand like a good boy?

Did you miss the part where these boys don't actually have to stand at attention?

Did you miss the part where I said I'm not interested in that end of it?

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: notsure1
a reply to: intrepid

God the cry babies are insane..

Who the hell does not want to stand for the anthem that bad?

Just stand the F%%% up...

I still don't get why people want others to be forced to stand.

If you force them to show respect then it is not genuine so it's not respect.

I just don't get it

Force that respect. That'll learn em

Not sure what others want, but if I'm going to spend my time watching something to enjoy, I don't want to see political ideals used on my time.

But isn't the anthem itself a political ideal? No matter who is in power? I don't know why we have the damn things in pro sport at all. International events(Not the NBA, NHL or MLB) sure.

It may be. But it's something that has always been. When I was in the USAF, and 5PM came, the flag was lowered, and no matter where you were, you were to stop, face the flag and stand at attention. It's a patriotic display. Like a long time ago, a guy said "I regret that I have only one life to give for my country". Today, that would be looked at as a lunatic who is too far gone, but back then, it was patriotic and how we were all supposed to aspire to be. Times have changed, and attitudes have changed. If enough folks want the anthem removed, it will be. And even if I don't like it. But as with many things, opinions are used to anger the opposing side. Perhaps soon, we will all be afraid to voice our opinions for fear of being Doxed.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
This particular stupidity was one of the things the Russians admitted to promoting, to further unrest in our country.

So many people on this site were absolutely irate about it, ready to fire football players over it, agreeing with trump, who for whatever reasons, has sided with the Putin agenda.

I gave you a star for finding a way to blame NFL protests on Russia.

Impressive.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

It's respect to the rules or wishes of one's employer.

The amount of "respect" that I had to show when I willingly entered into employment with the military was insane, and maybe 16.3% of it was sincere.

But I did it because I did my job and performed per the guidelines of my employer.

The problem here is that these employees only want to respect their subjective desires and misunderstood "rights."

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

It's not respect if it's forced though.
Oh well.

Not getting anywhere. Have a good one

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Like I said, it's respecting your employer by abiding by their easy guidelines.

I'm not a fan, at all, of forced patriotism--believe it or not, I'm not even pro-Pledge of Allegiance (it's creepy to me)--but I am a fan of companies being able to set guidelines that say you cannot be a social activist in view of the public when you're on the clock.

I get what you're saying, but I'm not concerned about fake respect for the flag, I'm concerned about people who willingly signed contracts with an employer and are unwilling or throwing fits over a policy that, in the grand scheme of life, is a simple trade off for their hundreds-of-thousands-of-dollars (if not millions-of-) salaries that they are earning through their employment.

But, yeah, I fully understand if you're tired of talking about it--I won't continue the discussion after this comment because I agree--it's a tired topic.

Best regards.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
American football is doomed to fade away because of lawsuits. Then the hardcore gamblers will have to go back to betting on horses and darts (or some other sport controlled by The Mob).

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Our union filed its non-injury grievance today on behalf of all players challenging the NFL's recently imposed anthem policy. The union's claim is that this new policy, imposed by the NFL's governing body without consultation with the NFLPA, is inconsistent with the collective bargaining agreement and infringes on player rights.

Don't you just LOVE IT ?

A bunch of multi millionaires collective bargaining!

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

They will stand or keep losing fans.

At this point not standing is not sending any message that is positive. Only someone crying for personal attention would want to keep pissing people off when you want those people to hear your message.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Odd you mention that. The Saints are the only team I follow with any interest cause the wife's from NOLA.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I'm lucky to be from New England.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

How can you people watch this mindless sport that was at least not so political in the past.

The big money, the bawlers, the VIPS, the wealthy owners, the unions....its all retarded.

Who the hell is even still watching T V?

Why not just play the game with some buddies. Watch your kids play. If it gets boring then STOP.

Football CAN be a SMALL part of your day. It doesnt have to consume your time like it was your grandmother on mothers day.

The NFL needs to go to hell, the unions should lead the way.

edit on 7 11 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Don't you want them to want to?

I could care less if they want to.. Their team their rules.. Thats the point.

If my boss tells me to stand while im on his clock I effing stand.. Whether I want to or not..

So many people are like the NFL didnt care before Trump. BS they didnt care that is why Kapernick still has no job..

Nobody else cared before Trump..
edit on 11-7-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
And they should. I've never understood why special little snowflakes get upset about little things like this.

Boycott the NFL because a couple of players take a knee during the Anthem. When most of us don't even watch the anthem. I don't. I usually turn on the game right after kick off or something like that when I watch.

This is America. The land of the free. Meaning free to protest. When did we get so thin skinned that we get upset and outraged by every little thing?

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Protest on your own time. If I protest at my job I get fired.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Sports are just that. Sports
They need to leave the political BS off the field .
Do you talk politics and religion on the job ? I am betting no.
That concept of bringing politics into sports has cost the NFL and team owners millions in revenue .

I say , let em go.
Then , the only "football" folks in the US will be able to watch is soccer....
Or the NCAA . Who hold football to a higher standard anyway.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

im with you

pre 2009 before the nfl got paid to have then do this.

it was fine 9 years ago. it can be fine again

before 2009 were all those that want them to stand trying to contact the NFL to tell them how patriotic you are and will stop watching football if they dont start standing?

anyone?

why is it a big deal now?

What actually changed in 2009, according to NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy, was that (due to network timing issues) players had previously remained in their locker rooms during the playing of the national anthem for primetime games

edit on 11-7-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

im with you

before 2009 were all those that want them to stand trying to contact the NFL to tell them how patriotic you are and will stop watching football if they dont start standing?

anyone?

What actually changed in 2009, according to NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy, was that (due to network timing issues) players had previously remained in their locker rooms during the playing of the national anthem for primetime games

What ?
Every single game I have ever seen has since 1964 (yeah , I remember watching Jim Brown play for the Browns) I have seen players standing for the anthem .

Maybe this will change your mind:
A Fact check , just for you . Seems as if you need one.

Or , are you going to believe a debunked Facebook post ?
Dang , I hope not.
Your ignorance will be a showin.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

im with you

anyone?

What ?
Every single game I have ever seen has since 1964 (yeah , I remember watching Jim Brown play for the Browns) I have seen players standing for the anthem .

Maybe this will change your mind:
A Fact check , just for you . Seems as if you need one.

Or , are you going to believe a debunked Facebook post ?
Dang , I hope not.
Your ignorance will be a showin.

did you read it? i did.
thats where my post came from

here is the rest

What actually changed in 2009, according to NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy, was that (due to network timing issues) players had previously remained in their locker rooms during the playing of the national anthem for primetime games. After 2009, players appeared in the sidelines for the anthem during primetime games, just as they had been doing all along for Sunday afternoon games.

so pay attention this this

After 2009, players appeared in the sidelines for the anthem during primetime games, just as they had been doing all along for Sunday afternoon games.

so they would be there on sunday games

understand now?

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
also from the same link

Tom E. Curran of Comcast Sportsnet New England reported in a story published on 29 August 2016 that teams standing together on the field during the playing of the national anthem was a relatively recent development in NFL history: “NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy confirmed this the practice began in 2009, adding, ‘As you know, the NFL has a long tradition of patriotism. Players are encouraged but not required to stand for the anthem.'”

so just like i said......

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join