It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Road sign detects cell phone use

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

And do tell why you would be playing with your transponder...in flight???

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

This still doesnt answer the real question here. Does using a phone really cause more wrecks?

To answer your question , yes it is fast becoming the number 1 cause of accidents in the US.
Why concern yourself with numbers ?
Is not one automobile accident one too many ?

edit on 7/11/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

I don’t think a cell phone is much of a distraction. As a private pilot, I fly th plane, look at the map, info on my knee board, play with the radios, and the transponder, all while holding altitude.

A kid isn't gonna run out in front of you or a car isn't going to pull out from a side street while you're at altitude. There are many fewer planes in the air at any given time than there are cars on the road.

In my pick up, I talk on the hands free phone, make notes, and never spill a drop of coffee. Haven’t had a wreak that was my in 40 years or a ticket since 96.

What’s the big deal?

Just because you haven't killed anybody yet doesn't mean it can't happen. I can walk outside right now and walk across the street without looking and I might make it without getting hit. I might even be able to do it numerous times over. That doesn't mean it's smart or safe. It means I'm lucky. Luck runs out.
edit on 11 7 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

good point,i wanna know if it can tell WHO is using the phone be it a passengers or the driver as i usualy have my passengers handle my phone use for me when im driving even though you can legally text and drive and call and drive where i live

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
This still doesnt answer the real question here.
Does using a phone really cause more wrecks?

I would think the bodies would be stacked like cord wood with all the phones in cars today but the deaths are actually down.

It's a dangerous activity, anything distracting is. Texting is very bad, but most other activities are much more passive.

I don't even look at my phone when in the car, but I do love to eat in my car. That has to be just as bad.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Bluntone22

LOL, a flashing red light out of nowhere....not at all distracting.
The flash from those traffic cams still get me even though I know that they are there. Good thing I have a strong heart.

I have seen an increase in the number of LED speed display signs and they flash your speed in red when you're going too fast. They are annoying but not very distracting. Perhaps it helps that the ones I've seen are in a clear, open area.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

If you figure it out let me know cuz I haven't figured it out.
I feel it's public shaming. It works on more people than you might think.
What if it actually saves lives, would it be worth the effort? What if it stopped the knucklehead from texting so they didn't crash into you head on thus saving your life, would that be worth it?

Personally I do not like the traffic cams, flashing speed signs and blinky arrows all trying to shame me into slowing down. Funny thing is that when I do slow down they quite flashing and it's much less annoying. But if they keep people from crashing into each other then maybe it's a good idea.

I couldn't tell you how many times I have seen a loaded semi-truck speeding through a red light at a busy intersection. None of these little cars would stand a chance. The truck drivers must have been in a hurry to get home, probably had a long day.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
good point,i wanna know if it can tell WHO is using the phone be it a passengers or the driver as i usualy have my passengers handle my phone use for me when im driving even though you can legally text and drive and call and drive where i live

Unless it's tied to a camera I don't think it can.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Devino

Its to visually noisy along roadways. At least in my opinion

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join