It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unmasking Antifa Act of 2018

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: toms54

“wearing a mask” or in disguise who “........................ or intimidates any person …

lol.... kind of the defination of holloween, isn't it???

can't help but wonder....
now that the "unite the right" groups are heading to dc soon, they aren't a little nervous or something...time to ramp up the legal protections....

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

How do they define wearing a mask or in disguise? Couldn't posting anonymously on a website or using a VPN to hide your IP address also be considered a form of disguise?

As we've seen in the past, if we give the government an inch they'll always take a mile.

SEC. 2. INTERFERENCE WITH PROTECTED RIGHTS WHILE IN DISGUISE. (a) In General.--Chapter 13 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by inserting after section 249 the following: ``Sec. 250. Interference with protected rights while in disguise ``(a) In General.--Whoever, whether or not acting under color of law, while in disguise, including while wearing a mask, injures, oppresses, threatens, or intimidates any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to him by the Constitution or laws of the United States, or because of his having so exercised the same, shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 15 years, or both.

It's about wearing a mask. I lived in Richmond, Va for a long time; they have a mask law. It was passed there because it became a common practice to put on a ski mask and rob convenience stores every Saturday night. So far as I know, that law has never been abused or expanded beyond its' intention. They don't harass people at Halloween or shoveling snow either. That's all I have to compare it to.

It's in committee so this might not be the final form. I personally think 15 years is kind of stiff but I support the bill generally. This Antifa business has gone on long enough. It's just as bad as the KKK wearing hoods.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Yes, I can see how government could use this to suppress unfairly, and we should be constantly vigiliant about the erosion of freedoms.

What has vigilance got us so far? This has been a common phrase since 2001 and yet every year we see our freedoms slipping further and further away.

The government will abuse this law in the future. At which point we'll just accept it. So why not act now and stop the law before it can even come to pass?

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

a reply to: network dude

As I said, I don't 100% agree with antifa's tactics. At the same time though we shouldn't really be surprised at their emergence. The past few decades have shown that all peaceful protest gets you is a boot on the back of your neck.

So now that people are standing up to such corruption the government wants everyone to play nice? Absolutely laughable.

I certainly don't want to see innocent people get hurt. But the government demanding peace when they've been responding with violence is hypocritical at best.

You are a sick person. If you advocate for anyone to be able to inflict harm on others who were peacefully protesting, then you are a sociopath. I'd get off ATS and find a head shrink.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Good, it's time we get these literal terrorists off the streets. Anyone who conceals their identity in an attempt to get away with physically attacking others for the sake of political agendas (or any reason, really) deserves to be in prison.

Terrorism - the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   
The answer is self evident, but why doesn't the media report at all on ANTIFA and their violent actions? If these were masked right wing groups that were acting in the same violent manner, we all know they would be endlessly reporting it.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
They don't need special laws for special groups... If a crime is committed than they need to be charged for it. As much as I dislike antifa, I would not really agree with someone getting 15 years for chucking a bottle or some other such crime which typically would carry a small charge.

And...... These people are mentally ill kids in which, imo no laws will stop them because they are dee de dee in the first place. They need help of some sorts.

edit on 11-7-2018 by CosmicAwakening because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Yes, I can see how government could use this to suppress unfairly, and we should be constantly vigiliant about the erosion of freedoms.

What has vigilance got us so far? This has been a common phrase since 2001 and yet every year we see our freedoms slipping further and further away.

The government will abuse this law in the future. At which point we'll just accept it. So why not act now and stop the law before it can even come to pass?

Because the law in itself is not atypical of our standards. We have long understood that wearing masks as part of political actions is intended to intimidate others primarily. In fact, concealing the face is a compoentent part of many legal definitions of "outlawry."

In Georgia, for example, we have this law:

O.C.G.A. 16-11-38 (2010) 16-11-38. Wearing mask, hood, or device which conceals identity of wearer (a) A person is guilty of a misdemeanor when he wears a mask, hood, or device by which any portion of the face is so hidden, concealed, or covered as to conceal the identity of the wearer and is upon any public way or public property or upon the private property of another without the written permission of the owner or occupier of the property to do so.

There's a good argument that this remain at the State level rather than the Federal perhaps, but, still, ANTIFA needs to stop wearing masks and stop with instigating violence (IMO.)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   

And what is the term used when one uses a proxy IP address to conceal their actual IP address? Masking.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Is there an exception to Halloween!!!!!????

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Thanks Antifa. Its inevitable any system will have to be resisted, but you people in your quazi-fascist anti-citizen (Bronwshirt) tactics (of the mostly partisan varieties) are bringing well in advance extreme counter-measures to ensure against a true proper resistance for the day most the plebs finally see thru the Two Party + MSM + IC System you're all witting / unwitting tools of.

Fn punks.
edit on 11-7-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

You should be arrested for acts of violence against another individual(s) regardless if you're wearing a mask or not.

Just wearing a mask should not be a reason for arrest.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

So saying that the emergence of antifa is an expected outcome considering the decades of police brutality directed at peaceful protesters makes me a sociopath but all the users on here that cheer on police brutality are normal?

And you all want to claim there isn't a fascist threat in this country.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   
The gist of the proposed law: Source

Ҥ 250. Interference with protected rights while in disguise

“(a) In General.—Whoever, whether or not acting under color of law, while in disguise, including while wearing a mask, injures, oppresses, threatens, or intimidates any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to him by the Constitution or laws of the United States, or because of his having so exercised the same, shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 15 years, or both.

“(b) Rule Of Construction.—Nothing in this section shall be construed so as to deter any law enforcement officer from lawfully carrying out the duties of his office; and no law enforcement officer shall be considered to be in violation of this section for lawfully carrying out the duties of his office or lawfully enforcing ordinances and laws of the United States, the District of Columbia, any of the several States, or any political subdivision of a State. For purposes of the preceding sentence, the term ‘law enforcement officer’ means any officer of the United States, the District of Columbia, a State, or political subdivision of a State, who is empowered by law to conduct investigations of, or make arrests because of, offenses against the United States, the District of Columbia, a State, or a political subdivision of a State.”.

(b) Clerical Amendment.—The table of sections for chapter 13 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by inserting after the item related to section 249 the following:

“250. Interference with protected rights while in disguise. ”.
SEC. 3. DESTROYING BUILDINGS OR PROPERTY WITHIN SPECIAL MARITIME AND TERRITORIAL JURISDICTION WHILE IN DISGUISE.

Section 1363 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end the following: “Whoever, during the commission of an offense under this section, wears a disguise, including a mask, shall, in addition to any term of imprisonment otherwise imposed under this section, be imprisoned for 2 years.”.
edit on 11-7-2018 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

And what is the term used when one uses a proxy IP address to conceal their actual IP address? Masking.

Nice try.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

So saying that the emergence of antifa is an expected outcome considering the decades of police brutality directed at peaceful protesters makes me a sociopath but all the users on here that cheer on police brutality are normal?

And you all want to claim there isn't a fascist threat in this country.

They aint here to save US from a fascist system, a valid fight, they're here to enforce their own brand of racism (against thei fellow man mostly), and just wreck snip.

They're just like the "SHARP's" (Skinheads Against Racial Prejudice)[skinheads and their violence just the same, just a different brand of racism to justify it], and when pressed to provide a 'proper Antifa' website 'Mr. Unofficial Antifa Spokesman dudes site he linked even cited them amongst their ranks (as I suspected it might).

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: EartOccupant
a reply to: Fools

Fair point.

But i think revolutions have a tendency of being not liked and supported by the existing government

Revolutions are supposed to be fought against the system, not everyday folks walking down the street. Unless this is the OG Nazi Revolution (Brownshirt's) we're talking about.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Bee keepers, fencing, American football, Ice hockey. It just goes on and on....

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   

That law is at least reasonable. As I'm sure most anti-mask laws are. As a misdemeanor you're probably only looking at a fine. This new law however is proposing a 15 year sentence. That right there should be a red flag that this law is intended for more nefarious purposes.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Without reading the law, and I will when I have a moment, wouldn't being arrested for just wearing a mask be a "pre-crime" issue?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join