It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political correctness is a mental disease

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 05:28 AM
link   
It might be funny if it weren't true ...

But PC is destroying the sanity most of us enjoy.
Ridiculous as it seems , a tiny minority is holding the
rest of us to ransom , and bringing unnecessary BS
to the next level .

Here's one small example ...

www.telegraph.co.uk... #Echobox=1531034286

“Firstly, we are not allowed to say what we believe.
Secondly, as my case shows, we are not allowed to think
what we believe. Finally, we are not allowed to defend
what we believe. “By stating what has been believed by
mankind for centuries - namely that gender and sex are
determined at birth - you can come under ferocious attack.

So the doctor gets the sack !?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?

C'mon world ,

LIFT YOUR GAME

Please feel free to comment and add your own observed
slice of lunacy ...

PObBA2wH5l0
edit on 11-7-2018 by radarloveguy because: xxx

edit on 11-7-2018 by radarloveguy because: x

edit on 11-7-2018 by radarloveguy because: o

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Are there parts of society or civilization where politeness would be absolutely neccessary?

Like, saying the "N-word", or the "F-word", or even both in one sentence.. What part of that sentence would harrass you?

In short: not everything in PC is there for your chill, but for others. I do not care about the "F-word", but I would be very verrry hard thinking about using it next to children. You guys, you are good to go with a nice solid f(-beep-)!

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

I guess I'm easy going .
Not much offends me .
The only peeps round here sayin N-words ,, are brothers ..

so really does it matter?
It seems to offend only if the speaker is not part of the target group ?
I don't care if someone calls me a colour.
or say a piece of wood , or an outcrop of coral.

I sez LIGHTEN UP

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: radarloveguy

The PC Brigade and its dictates are possibly the biggest threat we face at present.

They want to neuter us, shackle us and take away every vestige of personal freedom.
They seek to wrap everyone and everything in bubble wrap in some lame arsed attempt to 'protect' people from anything 'nasty'.

It's pathetic I personally will resist it with all I have and at every possible opportunity.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Political correctness is merely dishonesty used as a group control. We could do with a lot less dishonesty in our lives.

Identity politics, like most things, began as freedom and was melded into chains. To have an aspect of one's identity that is different from the norm supported by others can help one grow as a complete person, but all too often what happens is that the mark of "difference" grows to encompass the entire personality and person.

I agree that we should be able to speak the truth as we know it without being bound up in what is popular, but I also believe that in regard to "traditions" we have to be able to see that just because we've "always done it this way" doesn't make it the best way going forward.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Call me Loretta....
And I'll keep my fetus in a box.

Today you might hear that conversation in a coffee shop and they would be serious.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Think I'll go to Wally's and get a new pole and bait and lifetime fishing license, then go fishing. It has gotten too loony-tunes here, and it really is non-productive. The problem may lie outside or it may lie here? The lines are seemingly blurred.

PS, I don't believe in PC.... say what you mean, and mean what you say, and don't back down, and if I am labeled, I don't care, I have no need to please strangers.
edit on 11-7-2018 by Plotus because: BITE-ME

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I agree, there is clearly an issue with mass mental retardation

I think it's the chemicals in the food and water supply and the petrol products in EVERYTHING

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

So political correctness is when someone who has a different set of political opinions is telling you yours are incorrect. And therefore, what you are really saying is people who do not share your political opinions are mentally ill.

It always seem the strangest to me is when people think their own political opinions are facts and not opinions at all.

I think the whole argument about political correctness is a little like the war on Christmas. It only exists because it's victims claim it exists. In reality, there's no real evidence to support the claim being made by the victims.

Keep on hating right wingers!

edit on 11-7-2018 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

So political correctness is when someone who has a different set of political opinions is telling you yours are incorrect. And therefore, what you are really saying is people who do not share your political opinions are mentally ill.

what a prime example

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Firing a doctor because he knows biology, how lame is that, but it is the UK and they're a mess. There are two genders and a mutation. The present Heinz 57 mix of delusion and gender dysphoria is ridiculous. I am not going to be forced to use their special "short bus" labels. This whole ridiculous gender labelling thing is an affront to reality. If your gender reality is messed up, I don't need anyone putting it onto me, I'm basically normal like about 95% of the population, I know my gender, was born this way. So, I'll just keep referring to gender dysphorics as, it, that, they, those and them or a series of gender less terms like psycho, s**thread, dumbf**k, moron, etc.

I have no interest in playing the libtard insanity game.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I have Noticed that the use of Political Correctness in the United States has been Directly aimed at Caucasians and People of Particular Faiths as a way of Supporting Racist Ideologies among People of Color who have Political Agendas contrary to the current Status Quo . It Must be Challenged and Stopped for the Good of All Americans.........

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Are there parts of society or civilization where politeness would be absolutely neccessary?

"Absolutely necessary?"

No, but highly desired, yes. If it's "absolutely necessary," then there wouldn't be free speech. Like many of us say here in the U.S., at least--the right to free speech is not synonymous with a right to not be offended.

In fact, it's basically the exact opposite, and that's okay.

"I'd rather..."--nevermind, you can read it in my quote below. "Inconveniences" from rights and freedoms are much more desirable that the inconveniences due to diminished or non-existent rights and freedoms. Being offended and not being able to deal with it constructively is a problem with the offended individual more than with the person who did the offending.

Of course, I'm not defending harassment, but truly harassing speech is few and far between in the gamut of what offends people.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
PC IS a mental disease.

It's segregationist by race,sex,bank account, and the list goes on.

AKA identity politics.

Should be banned.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

There is a difference between mental disease and personality disorder. One can be learned/unlearned, the other can't.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: radarloveguy
a reply to: ManFromEurope

I guess I'm easy going .
Not much offends me .
The only peeps round here sayin N-words ,, are brothers ..

so really does it matter?
It seems to offend only if the speaker is not part of the target group ?
I don't care if someone calls me a colour.
or say a piece of wood , or an outcrop of coral.

I sez LIGHTEN UP

Hi bonehead

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
By redefining words and controlling what language cannot be used one can control society. That is so long as some power is attached to it; i.e. the power to fire people from the jobs, refusal to hire, social stigmatization, etc.

The struggle against reality continues until there is only one oppressor left.

I don't think it's a disease, it's a weapon.
edit on 11-7-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

I agree, I like how you role

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

You're going to love this...

Netflix has introduced a new set of rules for staff as part of a strict sexual harassment policy.

The streaming service introduced the code of conduct for employees on set or at their Californian headquarters and forbids them from staring at each other for more than five seconds.

Because, you know, laser beam eyes.

edit on 7112018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: CreationBro

You're going to love this...

Netflix has introduced a new set of rules for staff as part of a strict sexual harassment policy.

The streaming service introduced the code of conduct for employees on set or at their Californian headquarters and forbids them from staring at each other for more than five seconds.

Because, you know, laser beam eyes.

Ummm...yeah...Netflix has gone cookoo for cocoa puffs...ever since that dumb prog broad joined the board...

It's why I told them to go get stuffed...I don't need to hear what echoes around in their chamber...

YouSir

top topics

<<   2 >>

join