It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excited for Dinolab

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Wasn't sure where to post this, so please move if wrong spot.

So apart from the heart failure, things are going well for once, I actually feel good now they have all my meds fixed, I also got accepted to study anthropology, AND today I got an opportunity to volunteer for a university Dinolab position. Basically I'll be helping the lab team clean of dino bones from there casings, and clean them up. How cool is that? I am so excited, for the first time, in a long time, I haven't wanted to give up.

So entertain me.

Your favorite dinosaur and your most fascinating fact on dinosaurs.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghostsinthefog

Congratulations!!

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I'm not into Dinosaurs too much. I think I may have put together some kind of kit when I was kid, but I don't recall what it was.

However, I was doing some avocational archaeology work a few years ago. One of my tasks was cleaning artifacts. It was a lot of time spent using a toothbrush and water to remove hundreds of years of dirt. No detergent.

It wasn't the most interesting job. But it was cool holding pieces of history in my hands.

In your case, you'll be handling millions of years of history. Where each tiny piece symbolizes age-old events that we can't even imagine.

Enjoy yourself!

-dex

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I'm glad to hear that they got your meds straightened out and you now feel somewhat better. Congradulations on the new job. I hope it doesn't turn out to be a boner of a job.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Pretty cool job. Congratulations!

My favorite was T-Rex. I have a theory about them.

I think the front arms are small because they developed an alternative to long front limbs for hunting. If you look at the structure of the T-Rex its hip joints are pretty much center of gravity on the creature. The body is larger in circumference than the tail, but the tail is solid whereas the body is not. If you consider the position and articulation of the rear legs, the T-Rex should be able to run near to full speed with its head not far off the ground using its tail as a counterbalance.

Its ears, eyes, and nose all point forward - classic predator. Its skull was not solid bone but instead were separate plates joined by cartilage. The lower jaw did not just pivot, it also swung forward and back in a sawing motion. This allowed T-Rex to take a huge bite out of something while running nearly full speed. It could then stop, enjoy its meal, and continue pursuing the now wounded or dead prey at its leisure.

This is my theory. Science has probably shot it all to hell, but hey...its just a theory. :-)

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Congratulations!

Hope your boss is not some old fossil...

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   
So glad you are feeling better and have a new and cool volunteer job!

Imagine holding a piece of history like that? Wow!

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Firstly congratulations on surviving heart failure and also on your position on the Dino lab team. Sounds like an awesome opportunity.
I don’t know to much in the way of Dino law but my favourite is the triceratops mainly due to how my son says it with his lisp - tritheratopth, try to imagine Daffy Duck as a museum tour guide.
Oh and the triceratops from the old cartoon the herculoids, he was pretty cool too.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: kingparrot

Firstly congratulations on surviving heart failure and also on your position on the Dino lab team. Sounds like an awesome opportunity.
I don’t know to much in the way of Dino law but my favourite is the triceratops mainly due to how my son says it with his lisp - tritheratopth, try to imagine Daffy Duck as a museum tour guide.
Oh and the triceratops from the old cartoon the herculoids, he was pretty cool too.

They made a cartoon about hemorrhoids, like, dinosaur ones?

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Hehe, I’m not up to speed with hemmoroid treatments but I’m guessing that’s a reference and you seem like a knowledgeable fellow.
I imagine roids would of been a major issue back in the prehistoric days what with sitting on cold slabs of rock with nowt but a loincloth to protect your bits and pieces.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: kingparrot
a reply to: chr0naut

Hehe, I’m not up to speed with hemmoroid treatments but I’m guessing that’s a reference and you seem like a knowledgeable fellow.
I imagine roids would of been a major issue back in the prehistoric days what with sitting on cold slabs of rock with nowt but a loincloth to protect your bits and pieces.

I'm trying to imagine how one would even draw cartoon dino 'roids.

I'm guessing like a bunch of grapes but pulsing and purple?

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The triceratops. Always loved them, it's the horns. If I was a dino, I'd want to be one of those and gore any opposition to death with my herd

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Glad you are felling better, and wow, cool job!

Can I go old school, and call it a brontosaurus? Was always a fave! Most fascinating fact? Hadn't really thought about that one. That they were likely warm blooded is the coolest, for me.

top topics

join