It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump pardons Oregon ranchers who inspired refuge standoff

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I am sure there will be those who will disagree with this pardon. Myself I am glad for the pardon as the whole event was blown way out of sight by the government propaganda pushers.

The armed standoff at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in southeast Oregon followed a judge’s ruling that sent Dwight Hammond and his son, Steven, back to prison to serve more time after their initial release. Police shot one of the occupiers dead during the 41-day midwinter protest.

The takeover was another flare-up in a decades-old conflict over federal control of millions of acres of public land in the Western United States. In Oregon, about half of all land is controlled by the federal government.

The leaders of the Malheur standoff, including activists Ammon and Ryan Bundy, were cleared of federal charges for their role in the protest in October 2016.

Ammon Bundy on Tuesday called the pardon “long overdue.”

“We went up there to prevent the atrocity from happening to begin with, and if people would have listened to us, the Hammonds wouldn’t have to have gone through this suffering,” Bundy said in a telephone interview.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Good!

Now I'm waiting for charges to be brought against those agencies who conspired to put these ranches in jail and attempted to force the sale of their ranch.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   

How could anyone not to be happy about this?

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't these ranchers sitting on huge pile of uranium the Clintons were after?

sonsoflibertymedia.com...

Is this it?

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

Because some people are categorized as, "Can't Understand Normal Things" !

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   

People died. Rights were violated. FEDs need to pay, biiiig time.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 01:12 AM
link   

They will be here shortly.
There is a huge contingency on the left that thinks these ranches are terrorists.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha
Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't these ranchers sitting on huge pile of uranium the Clintons were after?

sonsoflibertymedia.com...

Is this it?

Yes, here's a thread I made on it
The reason the Hammond Ranch is under siege?

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
I am sure there will be those who will disagree with this pardon. Myself I am glad for the pardon as the whole event was blown way out of sight by the government propaganda pushers.

The armed standoff at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in southeast Oregon followed a judge’s ruling that sent Dwight Hammond and his son, Steven, back to prison to serve more time after their initial release. Police shot one of the occupiers dead during the 41-day midwinter protest.

The takeover was another flare-up in a decades-old conflict over federal control of millions of acres of public land in the Western United States. In Oregon, about half of all land is controlled by the federal government.

The leaders of the Malheur standoff, including activists Ammon and Ryan Bundy, were cleared of federal charges for their role in the protest in October 2016.

“We went up there to prevent the atrocity from happening to begin with, and if people would have listened to us, the Hammonds wouldn’t have to have gone through this suffering,” Bundy said in a telephone interview.

www.reuters.com...

Bundy owes a lot of people a lot of money.

And he fired on the FBI.

And was pardoned by someone who has done worse.

For #s Sake.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

There is a huge contingency on the left that thinks these ranches are terrorists.

Not like I am going to hang my hat on this one. It's stupid.

Why waste my time on this?

Question - Could someone do this in your country and get away with it?

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: MemoryShock

originally posted by: JAY1980

Not like I am going to hang my hat on this one. It's stupid.

Why waste my time on this?

Question - Could someone do this in your country and get away with it?

Yeah. They probably could.

I'm on your level now.

So. What do we do about the rich people?

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

www.reuters.com...

Bundy owes a lot of people a lot of money.

And he fired on the FBI.

And was pardoned by someone who has done worse.

For #s Sake.

What do the Bundy's have to do with the Hammond's going back to jail?

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:27 AM
link   
They are arsonists. They pinned down Bureau of Land Management fire fighters by starting a fire in public land in order to cover up a crime they committed. Wtf is wrong with you people??

Both Dwight and Steven Hammond later set more fires, one in 2001 and one in 2006, that would lead to eventual convictions of arson on federal land:[17][18] The 2001 Hardie-Hammond fire began after hunters in the area witnessed the Hammonds illegally slaughtering a herd of deer.[19] Less than two hours later, a fire erupted, forcing the hunters to leave the area but also intending to conceal evidence of the deer herd slaughter.[20]Steven's nephew Dusty Hammond testified his uncle told him to "light the whole countryside on fire," and that he was "almost burned up in the fire," having to flee for his life.[16][21] The Hammonds claimed they started the fire to stop invasive plants from growing onto their grazing fields.[22] The 2006 Krumbo Butte fire started out as a wildfire, but several illegal backburns were set by the Hammonds with an intent of protecting their winter feed. The backfires were set under the cover of night, without warning the firefighters they knew were camped on the slopes above.[20][23] The fires threatened to trap four BLM firefighters. One of those later confronted Dwight Hammond at the fire scene after he had moved his crews to avoid the danger.[20][21]Two days later, Steven Hammond threatened to frame a BLM employee with arson if he didn't terminate the investigation.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: crtrvt

Wikipedia? Seriously?

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

To repeat you..seriously?

It's obvious. It's not about who is going back to jail. It's the opposite.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   

To repeat you..seriously?

It's obvious. It's not about who is going back to jail. It's the opposite.

And what do they do for you?

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Wikipedia? Seriously?

Notice all the little numbers riddled throughout the quote? Might want to check up on what they mean before disregarding wikipedia...

These guys were a bunch of cow boys wasting the time of the feds. Don't really care about the pardon, not surprised, but judging from their character they were picking a fight.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Wikipedia? Seriously?

Dah, comrade.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   

well I may be naive but it sure seems like Trump is still setting things up to put the Clintons away for good...

I won't count my chickens though.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

These guys were a bunch of cow boys wasting the time of the feds. Don't really care about the pardon, not surprised, but judging from their character they were picking a fight.

You're confusing the Bundy's and the Hammond's. The Bundy's were the forest station stand-off guys. They decided to do it all on their own once the Hammond's were sent back to jail after serving their sentence because the state afterwards said they didn't serve enough time.

The Hammond's had absolutely nothing to do with the standoff. Your outrage is misplaced.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join