It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

imagine TSA tossing your luggage and spilling moms ashes all over

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

The Transportation Security Administration apologized to New York Giants player A.J. Francis after he hammered the agency for spilling his mother’s ashes during a baggage search earlier this week.

TSA said a video review showed that Francis’ checked bag was searched for an unidentified object at Los Angeles International Airport.

“A TSA officer discovered the unidentified object was an opened, unmarked ceramic container, wrapped in aluminum foil inside a small bag,” the statement continued. “The TSA officer completed screening of the checked bag, clearing it to continue to its destination. The container was carefully repacked and placed in the bag.”

few things come to mind.
bummer for this dude

buuut they tossed it for an unmarked container...
makes sense

trying to be fair to all sides and not saying this was right but why would you wrap mama up in an unmarked container wrapped in foil wrapped in a small bag when youre traveling?

do you think if mama was in a marked, urn like container the toss would have yielded the same results?

his fault? their fault?
nobodies fault?

and as a side comment those look like some strange human ashes. maybe it is the picture

i had a little snuff bottle full of my dad and the ashes didnt look like that. more like a powder.

the ones in this picture looks like cat litter

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I have seen ashes, and when they are in the bag that they are put in at the creamitorium that's what they look like.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
I have seen ashes, and when they are in the bag that they are put in at the creamitorium that's what they look like.

mine must have got powdered up from handling then

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
If my Mam was travelling with me in an urn, I would definitely make sure to notify everyone possible that I was carrying her?

I wouldn’t be dumping her in my bag, that is for sure!

I love my Mam.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lurker69
If my Mam was travelling with me in an urn, I would definitely make sure to notify everyone possible that I was carrying her?

I wouldn’t be dumping her in my bag, that is for sure!

I love my Mam.

well he didnt dump her. he couldnt carry the ashes on the plane in carry on because he needed a death certificate.

but it just seems odd to wrap the unmarked container in foil.
no?

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
This was informative.

www.evrmemories.com...

Call ahead and get approval as a carry on. Watch the overhead bin space though.

edit on 10-7-2018 by wdkirk because: added correct blame - Trump

edit on 10-7-2018 by wdkirk because: removed that it was Trumps fault.

edit on 10-7-2018 by wdkirk because: but it really was Trumps fault.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
That is NOT how the ashes came from the funeral home. They were bagged, carefully boxed, and clearly labeled--originally. If he treated them in such a cavalier manner, maybe he should look inward rather than blame the TSA.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
That is NOT how the ashes came from the funeral home. They were bagged, carefully boxed, and clearly labeled--originally. If he treated them in such a cavalier manner, maybe he should look inward rather than blame the TSA.

i dont know # so i am going to go with youre right
either way. no matter how it came from the home, it makes me very curious that he wrapped it in foil.

does that seem strange to anyone else?

knowing that the bag is going to get scanned. foil is the best bet?

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

either way. no matter how it came from the home, it makes me very curious that he wrapped it in foil.

www.budgettravel.com...

Aluminum foil wrappers are number one.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: wdkirk

www.budgettravel.com...

looks like he really researched the best option then

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Very odd.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: wdkirk

www.budgettravel.com...

looks like he really researched the best option then

It's like putting a sign on your butt that says, "Kick me here!" Guaranteed inspection. My wife collected beach sand from the Red Sea the Sea of Galilee, and the Dead Sea on our trip to the Middle East. She put them all in baggies. Bam! Israeli security spit out her bag in a heartbeat to be inspected. I threw my wife under the bus, said it was all hers. They let us go. But talk about no nonsense security. Damn, those guys are good. No BS taking off your belt or shoes or anything like that. They rely a whole lot on human engineering. In our group I was always the one the spoke to. Probably because I'm older and bigger, but inevitably they picked me to "get off the bus" and talk to them.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Man, I thought I had it rough when they spilled my bag of pistachios all over the floor.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

They said the container was repacked and placed in the bag. They didn't toss it. So that's good.
They do look like human ashes. They're not fine ashes. They're umm ... chunky. Not big pieces but not fine either. Just like that picture actually. From the two samples I happen to have seen. I'm no expert in cremated remains of course.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Probably to keep it from spilling out during transit ironically.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Sounds like he transferred her to a decorative urn. It said a ceramic urn. They don't really seal They have a tight fitting lid. They're not for transporting they're for display.
Weird that I felt I had to defend the way this person handled their mothers remains.
Weird that you'd judge them .

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   

My mom was in a bag in a sealed plastic container when she came from the crematorium. She's spread around long island now. I remember there was powder in with the bigger pieces. If someone packed a small container for you they probably just picked up the finer particles. Nice that you wanted that. I think my brother kept some of my mom's ashes too.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   

his fault? their fault?
nobodies fault?

Fault is irrelevant.

Had that happened to me, you would never know about it. All you would hear about is that the airport will be closed for the next two weeks while they clean up the bodies... likely mine included. This is why I will not fly a commercial airline.

There are things one simply does not do.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I think I'd opt for a sealed plastic container that wouldn't break or spill and maybe a lable so they don't go opening it. If I was taking my mom on a plane that is. This was quite unfortunate.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

his fault? their fault?
nobodies fault?

Fault is irrelevant.

Had that happened to me, you would never know about it. All you would hear about is that the airport will be closed for the next two weeks while they clean up the bodies... likely mine included. This is why I will not fly a commercial airline.

There are things one simply does not do.

TheRedneck

I would contribute to your legal defense fund.

I don't have much sympathy for someone who takes a job who's primary function is to violate the Constitution.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join