It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

did you have to jump through hoops to get your medical card? if you live in one of those states?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
i would not say i have had to or will jump through hoops but i am curious as to what others had to go through and what the cost was.

i just set my appointment for the end of august

had to take fill out an online medical questionnaire and electronically initial several columns saying i understand you can get a tolerance and shouldnt use it while pregnant.
saying i understand that in this state it is still illegal to smoke

then at the time of the appointment it is $290 for the evaluation and recommendation and then $50 for the application fee.

that seems kind of steep considering every year it has to be renewed by way of an up to date recommendation that will cost another 290 bills.

so $340 initial cost then $290 a year

kind of steep but worth it.

i dont feel like the process has been bad thus far

the state is going to be raking it in man... going to be dump trucks full of cash

edit on 10-7-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I got a medical card around 8 years ago in California, and if I remember correctly it was $75, and it wasn’t even really any type of examination. The dispensary was right next to the doctors “office” and was owned by the same people.

This was on Venice beach though. I bet a lot of the new states will be more official about it than California was back then. It was still a quasi-illegal thing at that time.

Those are some steep prices. I probably would have just stayed illegal if it had cost that much.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

I got a medical card around 8 years ago in California, and if I remember correctly it was $75, and it wasn’t even really any type of examination. The dispensary was right next to the doctors “office” and was owned by the same people.

This was on Venice beach though. I bet a lot of the new states will be more official about it than California was back then. It was still a quasi-illegal thing at that time.

Those are some steep prices. I probably would have just stayed illegal if it had cost that much.

there are not even dispensaries around here yet and i think as of now there are only going to be 8 or 10 in the entire state.
dont think we will be seeing them side by side to the doctors any time soon.

steep prices yes but freedom from prosecution is priceless my friend

i dont expect much of an exam either
i have my chart from my pain doctor next to me right now

discectomy L5S1
traumatic finger amputation
chronic pain

i qualify pretty handily

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

there are not even dispensaries around here yet and i think as of now there are only going to be 8 or 10 in the entire state.
dont think we will be seeing them side by side to the doctors any time soon.

steep prices yes but freedom from prosecution is priceless my friend

That’s very true. That for sure is way cheaper than lawyer and court fees.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

That’s very true. That for sure is way cheaper than lawyer and court fees.

yes sir

less hassle
no lawyers
no court fees
i can order online or walk into the green store and shop like im in a best buy?

worth it

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I heard that there isn't enough supply for the demand, so to speak, so PA is considering the flowers to be used for patients. I Think it's a good idea. The state should also let patients propagate their own medicine as well, Very good soil in most parts of PA. *sigh*

I think the prices are absolutely insane. I can see paying all that up front, one time and then maybe a $50 renewal fee every year. But $290 a year? Absurd.

If it helps, i suppose the 290 isn't that big a deal and well worth is. But still, that's astronomical.
edit on 10-7-2018 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: kimish

flowers can be use here they just must be vaped
edibles are ok. concentrates. just no smoking

it has been decriminalized here for some time. we are already able to cultivate a small amount for personal use.
not sure of those amounts will increase with the medical regulations

oh its an insane amount of money.
but like i said. the ability to order online and be free from prosecution is well worth it to me

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
What does a ‘medical card’ get you?

I’m from U.K. so it is interesting to me to see the differences between different countries.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lurker69

I’m from U.K. so it is interesting to me to see the differences between different countries.

gets you the ability to legally possess set amounts of cannabis
it allows you to purchase legally from dispenaries
it affords you freedom of prosecution if you have something on you

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lurker69

Loss of firearms rights in some places.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   

edit on 10-7-2018 by BLACKOWT because: (no reason given)

top topics

join