It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homegrown Terror Threats Increasing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Homegrown Terrorists are sometimes spawned, and always encouraged by the liberal news media, which is 90% of the media in our nation.

Now we have traitors to America, disguised and Congressmen and women, helping to fan the hate.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

We also have a traitor to America disguised as a president, encouraged by fringe right wing media, who made hate and division part of his campaign. So there's also that.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: mikell
a reply to: introvert++

3 Ways actually

FOCUS

FOCUS

FOCUS

I'm not understanding. How does a "focus" on the border help prevent terrorism or potential terrorism from people that are already in this country?

There is not much you can do unless you are going to enforce rules on immigration based on religion, and that contradicts a constitutional viewpoint.

You could actually focus on where Islamic terrorism comes from.

And if you want to be really honest, there is nothing in the Constitution that says you cannot base immigration policies on a religion.

If the USA wanted to, we could base immigration policy based on eye color and foot size.

This is why the current SCOTUS pick is so important... Progressives since Wilson have tried to keep the Supreme Court stacked Progressive so whatever they couldn't legislate from the Congress and voters they could legislate from the bench.

Times are changing... for the better.

As far as what you were trying to stumble around and debate... less support walking through our border for domestic terrorism = less domestic terrorism.

I understand that you don't understand.

It's OK... ~patting you on the head.~

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
a reply to: carewemust

We also have a traitor to America disguised as a president, encouraged by fringe right wing media, who made hate and division part of his campaign. So there's also that.

I'm kinda happy you actually believe that.

Keep pushing the viewpoint... everywhere you can!!! Facebook, any other forums, twitter.. the people that you know in real life!!!!

You have a viewpoint that about 20% of America actually believes in. You also have 90% of the media backing you.

HOWEVER, you are screaming into the faces of 80% of America (and growing... #walkaway) that thinks they want nothing to do with your hate-filled ignorant rant.

Keep going... PLEASE!!!

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Can you imagine what this place is going to be like in 2 months. Political crazy.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

You could actually focus on where Islamic terrorism comes from.

True. All terror, whether it's Islamic or otherwise, comes from the heart of men. That is the only thing you can change that will effectively make things better.

And if you want to be really honest, there is nothing in the Constitution that says you cannot base immigration policies on a religion. If the USA wanted to, we could base immigration policy based on eye color and foot size. This is why the current SCOTUS pick is so important... Progressives since Wilson have tried to keep the Supreme Court stacked Progressive so whatever they couldn't legislate from the Congress and voters they could legislate from the bench.

Times are changing... for the better.

Changing for the better?

Sounds to me like you are making the case on how oppression should be legitimate.

As far as what you were trying to stumble around and debate... less support walking through our border for domestic terrorism = less domestic terrorism.

Support was not part of the "debate". We are talking about homegrown terrorism.

I understand that you don't understand. It's OK... ~patting you on the head.~

Sure.

Your ignorance is only surpassed by your arrogance.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
There will be an attack on American soil again. It's not a matter of if, but when. That's not fear mongering. That's just the law of Averages....or the law of Probability.....pick one.

Americans, regardless of political leanings and opinions, don't like being attacked on their own soil.

Securing our borders, including what we take in through our International Airports is a countermeasure to reducing the probability of an attack from within, however, it will not change the fact that something will happen and is therefore not foolproof.

The way I read the article is that several separate attacks could have gone off in multiple locations across the United States and they would have been perpetrated by foreign born individuals launching Jihad attacks from inside our borders. Glad they didn't.

If just one attack had been successful and the guilty party identified (meaning even though inside the US he or she came from another country identified as harboring terrorists)...things would change...again.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
“Homegrown” terrorism is not dependent upon individuals immigrating to the US from other countries;

That’s were the “homegrown” label comes from!

You cannot stop, or even slow, the development of homegrown terrorism by erecting walls on a border or basing your immigration policies on religion (even if you could do so legally) or nation of origin; it’s HOMEGROWN, the radicalization is occurring AFTER, let me repeat that, AFTER!, the victims (and they are victims of a perverse and perverted ideology, whatever ideology leads them to violence) have settled in the US.

The only way(s) I can see to effectively curtail the development of future terrorists is to censor, or ban the internet (which is the means by which those susceptible to the psychological manipulation that leads to the terrorist mindset are usually indoctrinated), and ban religion.

ALL religions. Since all religions seem to be, in their extreme fringes, at least, capable of producing twisted zealots more than willing to kill their fellow humans in the name of their god, whatever god that may be.

Of course neither of these solutions is in any way workable, or desirable, in a decent society.

But perhaps some of you are more concerned about your “safety” than with decency?
edit on 10-7-2018 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Yeah, and don't you just love how foreign-born types, or their children, are labeled as "homegrown", as though they were just regular Americans? As usual, the real issue is Islam.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

It wouldn't surprise me if a lone or group of armed veterans start deciding to take matters into their own hands regarding some crooked politicians, Hillary, Rosenstein and a few others.

I'd rank that as a higher likelihood than terrorists and each month I think the chances increase unless some arrests are made.

I might even agree with them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join