It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POTUS pardons Hammonds

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Finally justice for the Hammond's,President Trump pardons Dwight Hammond and his son Steve "Justice is overdue for Dwight and Steven Hammond, both of whom are entirely deserving of these Grants of Executive Clemency,"

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: blackrussian63

So the Hammonds have admitted guilt?.
Don't you have to admit guilt to be pardoned?.
edit on 10-7-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Thats good to hear. President Trump is doing a good job.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackrussian63
Finally justice for the Hammond's,President Trump pardons Dwight Hammond and his son Steve "Justice is overdue for Dwight and Steven Hammond, both of whom are entirely deserving of these Grants of Executive Clemency,"

www.cnn.com...

From what viewpoint?

+34 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

From the viewpoint of people who don't want to see government over reach.

If i give my land to someone with a caveat that I can still have grazing rights, then I don't expect I'd accept losing the rights on the land i gave freely.

The Federal Government shouldn't hold land to begin with.

(post by sligtlyskeptical removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

If i give my land to someone with a caveat that I can still have grazing rights, then I don't expect I'd accept losing the rights on the land i gave freely.

Ok, but we're gonna disagree on this.

I support the Federal Government owning (holding) land. Of course, there is always a Right way to do something and a Wrong way to do something.

Individuals are self serving for themselves (mostly)

Government (should be) self serving for the whole.

In my lifetime I've seen destruction through negligence/abuse - - - and forced clean-ups and forced regulations.

I support forced clean-ups and forced regulations.

However, just to be clear, forced for Corporate greed is an entirely different matter.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
The Federal government owns huge swaths of land out West.

85% of Nevada is federally owned.

Oregon is "only" 53% owned by the Feds.

It's a very big deal in Western states.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Ok, but we're gonna disagree on this.

I support the Federal Government owning (holding) land. Of course, there is always a Right way to do something and a Wrong way to do something.

Individuals are self serving for themselves (mostly)

Government (should be) self serving for the whole.

In my lifetime I've seen destruction through negligence/abuse - - - and forced clean-ups and forced regulations.

I support forced clean-ups and forced regulations.

However, just to be clear, forced for Corporate greed is an entirely different matter.

Surprise! I agree with you but only to the extent that the USA is simultaneously a republic and a federation of states. So the federal government has supremacy over the states in a federation, contrary to a confederation (as in before we had a constitution). This means the federal government ultimately owns all the land anyway, despite that you lease it from the state (property taxes). Also on that point, we have these cool things called borders that seem to always come into question lately -- yes, the federal government has the authority to shut them down despite the 9th circuit's inability to apply the constitution as it was intended.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

www.cnn.com...

From what viewpoint?

Do you think he should have pardoned the black grandmother? Or how about Jack johnson?

Why didnt Obama pardon any of them?

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

www.cnn.com...

From what viewpoint?

Do you think he should have pardoned the black grandmother? Or how about Jack johnson?

Jack Johnson - - Yes. Haven't followed the grandmother.

Trump does stuff that benefits him in some way. It's all about Trump.

I expect Obama was more serious about following protocol.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
So who’s going to pay for the destruction of buildings and vehicles they have done in Oregon, or the back money he owes from the cattle he let graze on public land? Ohh that’s right, us Taxpayers. Let him free!

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
"The father-son duo are cattle ranchers and were convicted in 2012 of committing arson on federal lands in Oregon."

What if that was "Muh Antifa"?

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
The Federal government owns huge swaths of land out West.

85% of Nevada is federally owned.

Oregon is "only" 53% owned by the Feds.

It's a very big deal in Western states.

Yup, it’s a big deal for us out west that it Doesnt become like from east of the Rockies to the East Coast with a fence around it with Private Keep out signs everywhere.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181

You're thinking of the Bundy's. This is about the Hammonds who have, through their lawyer, declined all support from the Bundy's and had nothing to do with the Malfeur standoff.

The Hammonds were accused of slaughtering a herd of deer and setting a fire to cover it up. Their side of the story is that they were burning off brush and invasive species.

The Bundy's tried to attach themselves to the Hammond's cause, apparently without the Hammond's knowing consent.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
QUOTE REMOVED BY STAFF

There are other countries for people like you.
edit on 10-7-2018 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
"President, currently under investigation, pardons Domestic Terrorists"

Fixed the headline for you, OP!

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

www.cnn.com...

From what viewpoint?

Trump does stuff that benefits him in some way. It's all about Trump.

I expect Obama was more serious about following protocol.

Oh brother!

Really Annee? TDS much?

Whose protocol did Obama follow? You mean the Paris accord agreement in which:

The Obama Administration describes the Paris Accord as “the most ambitious climate change agreement in history.” That is an odd way to describe a decades-long promise it cannot keep for more than nine months.
BECAUSE HE NEVER RATIFIED IT THROUGH THE SENATE! The secret Iran deal?

Or by his constitution violations? Here's his 10 from 2013 listed in detail in Forbes here www.forbes.com...

I have only listed the titles of each.

Delay of Obamacare’s out-of-pocket caps.
Delay of Obamacare’s employer mandate.
Delay of Obamacare’s insurance requirements.
Exemption of Congress from Obamacare.
Expansion of the employer mandate penalty through IRS regulation.
Political profiling by the IRS.
Outlandish Supreme Court arguments.

Between January 2012 and June 2013, the Supreme Court unanimously rejected the Justice Department’s extreme positions 9 times. The cases ranged from criminal procedure to property rights, religious liberty to immigration, securities regulation to tax law. They had nothing in common other than the government’s view that federal power is virtually unlimited. As a comparison, in the entire Bush and Clinton presidencies, the government suffered 15 and 23 unanimous rulings, respectively.

Recess appointments.
Assault on free speech and due process on college campuses.
Mini-DREAM Act.

Or when Obama said this:

• “Washington is broken. My whole campaign has been premised from the start on the idea that we have to fundamentally change how Washington works.”

Or this: “I fought with you in the Senate for comprehensive immigration reform. And I will make it a top priority in my first year as President.”

He made promises he couldn't keep and admitted so, blaming things like the constitution getting in the way.

Or how about this:

Obama buddies Marty Nesbitt and Harreld Kirkpatrick III formed a private equity investment firm called Vistria, right around the time Obama was re-elected in 2012.

Nothing wrong with that, except, as Schweizer notes in his book, "A curious pattern began to emerge. Obama and his administration would attack industries with government power, which led to substantially lower valuations for these companies. Nesbitt and Vistria, or others close to Obama, could then acquire those assets for pennies on the dollar."

As an example, Schweizer cites the case of for-profit higher education schools like University of Phoenix, ITT Technical Institute, and DeVry University. In 2013, Obama blamed the schools for taking advantage of students by saddling them with massive amounts of student debt, ruining their credit and making a profit on it. He ordered the Federal Trade Commission to go after them.

In the case of the University of Phoenix, its parent Apollo Education Group was suspended after a Federal Trade Commission investigation in 2015. The following year, three companies, including Vistria, swooped in to buy what remained of Apollo at a price 90% below its share price before the investigation.

As Vistria's education investment portfolio bulged, a number of Obama Education Department officials, including Secretary of Education Arne Duncan, ended up taking high-level jobs with Vistria.

Don't be blind in one eye and not see out of the other.

on topic, I'm glad Trump has pardoned the Hammonds. It's a crime when the government which is supposed to be self serving the whole of it's citizens, forces people's hands to become criminals in order to protect their consitutional rights. In which case, the government is NOT self serving for the whole. It has become a fascist dictatorship.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: crtrvt
"President, currently under investigation, pardons Domestic Terrorists"

Fixed the headline for you, OP!

This isn't a thread about Obama but since you brought him up. . . .

President Obama’s Pardon For Oscar Lopez Rivera Trades A Terrorist For Votes

thefederalist.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

They deserve a pardon AND a Apology for what was done to them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join