It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity On The Decline In America.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
You can see it, you can feel it, but this article articulates it with the statistics.

Article Link

In 1991, only six percent of Americans identified their religious affiliation as “none,” and that number had not moved much since the early 1970s. By the end of the 1990s, 14% of the public claimed no religious affiliation. The rate of religious change accelerated further during the late 2000s and early 2010s, reaching 20% by 2012. Today, one-quarter (25%) of Americans claim no formal religious identity, making this group the single largest “religious group” in the U.S.

Of Interest as well

Americans still have a keen interest in spiritual things, but many of them are now attempting to fill that void in alternative ways. For example, it has been claimed that Wicca (a very popular form of witchcraft) is now the fastest growing faith in America. Many like to focus on the political changes that are happening in this country
Yes just add to that Trumpism or anti-Trumpsim might be filling the void for some people in this political climate, but either way it is a huge distraction if it has made people forget that MAGA for or against it, is not the long term solution/curse. Only God's Kingdom is the solution to the entire worlds biggest problems.

Daniel 2:44

In the days when these kings of iron and clay reign, the God of heaven will set up another kingdom, a kingdom that can never be destroyed, a kingdom that will never be ruled by others. It will crush all the other kingdoms and bring them to an end. This kingdom will last forever.

Never forget it's all kingdoms of the world; including America.
edit on 9-7-2018 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
As a populace becomes more educated there will be a natural decline in religion. This is not to say that people won't remain spiritual but they certainly won't be bible or Quran thumpers.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

People are waking up and realising the absurdity that is being passed off as knowledge. Give these people a few more years and they will be agnostic and then after a few more, they will realise that gods are all made up by people who want them to fit a mold that is no longer appealing.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Yes agnosticism is on the rise like never before, people that formulate their on belief structure that basically says I don't really know. I blame our educational system teaching Evolution as 100% fact in school, coupled with parents who just don't care what their kids believe, leaves them wide open, some will say that is a good thing.

The evolution debate is for another thread, but teaching kids this, is 100% contributing to their confusion which can only lead to agnostic or even atheistic leanings. Generation Z trying to fill their spiritual needs then turns to Wicca, and they throw away their christian heritage of several generations.
edit on 9-7-2018 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Daniel was a desert dwelling simpleton who didn’t know where rain comes from. He didn’t know what electricity was. He had no idea what germs were.

He was simply rooting for his team and making predictions that they would do better next season.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Evolution is 100% fact. The fact that you and other religiously minded people keep on denying that, is way more and more people are leaving this mindset in droves.
edit on 9-7-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Nope see my signature

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Do you think Daniel knew about electricity and germs?

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Organized religion is a sham. People are leaving due to this. We are a spiritual species though. Thus spirituality will continue to be fueled not BY organized religion.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Organized religion is a sham. People are leaving due to this. We are a spiritual species though. Thus spirituality will continue to be fueled not BY organized religion.

It is a sham, but regarding spirituality, I'm having my doubts. Organization skills seem to be a lost art.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
And it's not just Christianity. I see Jews and Muslims eating pork. Sikhs and Hindus drinking. We are moving away from dictates that the past adhered to.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure Ignoramus'ism' is the choice today, cause half the planet seems to be afflicted with it.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Jesus Christ while he was alive and on Earth had the answers to all of life's mysteries, including the science and technology that could have propelled our society far beyond what we are today, but his followers were more interested in religion.

Homo-sapien = Morons at the top of the food chain. Can't invent anything that can escape outside of a wet paper bag, let alone travelling outside of Earth's atmosphere without having to come back after a month in space.

^
That is your legacy. Religion was a never meant to be used as a tool, only guidance of self. Which religion shouldn't matter as means of defining a society.

edit on 9-7-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I find it a bit unsettling.
I'm an atheist myself but I have lots of interaction with people that believe in one thing or another.

Religion is a glue that holds people and society's together. When that is gone there might be dire consequences.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I'm not a very religious person but im not sure I wanna live in a world where everyone tells me theyre atheist and why theyre atheist because "religion is super dumb bro"

I get that from vegetarians and vegans already and i still dont care

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Yes agnosticism is on the rise like never before, people that formulate their on belief structure that basically says I don't really know.

Agnosticism is on the increase for the simple reason that people are free and capable of thinking for themselves and coming to the conclusion that no-one truly knows with 100% certainty whether some form of Supreme Being exists.

When I personally came to that conclusion it was an epiphany; the question of 'God's existence is a complete irrelevance.
I live my life in accordance with my own moral code - if there is an omnipotent, omniscient being who is arranging some after life private party then I'm sure he'll judge me on my own acts and deeds and not whether I've adhered to some age old, obscure man made rules and regulations.
If that being doesn't exist then I've still tried to live my life trying to help others when possible and being respectful to those who deserve respect.

I blame our educational system teaching Evolution as 100% fact in school,....

That's because when looking at all available facts that is the best take on things we currently have.
And as we discover more things to support that theory it becomes increasingly likely.

Yes, it's a theory...but a theory backed up by facts and not reliant and blind faith and dogma.

....coupled with parents who just don't care what their kids believe,

That's because a far bigger danger than Agnosticism, Atheism and even Deism is APATHY.

The evolution debate is for another thread,

I agree entirely, start a thread on it and I'll gladly contribute.

Generation Z trying to fill their spiritual needs then turns to Wicca, and they throw away their christian heritage of several generations.

Wicca's roots far outdate Christianity, and to be honest, I don't see people flocking en masse to Wicca / Paganism.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I find it a bit unsettling.
I'm an atheist myself but I have lots of interaction with people that believe in one thing or another.

Religion is a glue that holds people and society's together. When that is gone there might be dire consequences.
I actually see that people are moving more to a humanitarian view of the world, Where people’s well-being is what is considered important. I would rather see Bonds being made around mutual benefit, rather than magical stories that literally makes no sense.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Religion works for some people, and doesn't work for others.
I don't think we should care what other people believe or not believe, as long as they're not trying to push it on others, I don't think it's relevant.

I'm not religious, but I wouldn't call myself an atheist or agnostic either. I just don't care.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

I would rather see that too but I don't believe human nature will allow it to happen.
Humans have been referred to as sheep with a flock mentality.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Evolution is 100% fact.

Which part, that humans emerged from it like everything, or that it "proves" there is NO "god" / "gods" / etc?
edit on 9-7-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join