It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Shoots Man Trying To Steal Car With Her Kids Inside: Police

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone
While I like the presmise of this story, something doesn't sit well with "purchased the handgun hours earlier" and had it loaded and ready to go. I'm all for concealed carry and pro 2A, but that little addition to the story doesn't start well with me. On top of the fact she was able to draw on the assailant so easily. This story sounds too good to be true.

Yeah something doesn’t add up. For instance there is this from the OP source...

Wright has been charged with two counts of unlawful restraint and unauthorized use of motor vehicle.
why wasn’t he charged with kidnapping and grand theft auto? Did she know him? Is this a domestic thing? Couldn’t they also have charged him with reckless driving and losing control of a motor vehicle? Child endangerment maybe?

Although he was shot in the head I was surprised to learn that he actually lived and was in stable condition in the hospital.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Yeah. 9mm to the head isnt always a killing shot. I wonder if she was using FMJ of JHP.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

While I like the presmise of this story, something doesn't sit well with "purchased the handgun hours earlier" and had it loaded and ready to go. I'm all for concealed carry and pro 2A, but that little addition to the story doesn't start well with me. On top of the fact she was able to draw on the assailant so easily. This story sounds too good to be true.

So, you would advocate that after you purchase something, you need to wait a specified amount of time before using it? WTH kind of childish notion is that? Please, explain this thought process to me,as I simply cannot fathom such a thing as that.

Sorry, you cannot drive that car until you wait a week/month with it sitting in your driveway....it would be suspicious otherwise.

SMFH

So I take it you're unfamiliar with gun laws. Ok. Go read up on carrying a loaded weapon concealed and get back to me.

Which laws? What state?
Perhaps my own CCW license doesn't give me an in-depth knowledge of the process according to you?

Your statement was laughable. Each state is different, or does that not compute in your mind?

Yup. Just as I thought. Read my other post where I said it varies state by state. Jesus. Keep arguing with PRO 2A people. When we fight with each other, you might as well hand your firearms over to the leftists. Just so you know, I'm on your side. People like you shouldn't own firearms. Just looking to fire off on people without taking a second to "check your backstop".

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: Krakatoa

Maybe next time she just shouldn't leave the keys in the ignition... At the very least, she'd save a fortune on years of therapy for her kids that witnessed it.

Or are you saying he was not in the wrong here?

Yeah, obviously that's what I'm saying... Its clearly a completely rational accusation.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

So, you would advocate that after you purchase something, you need to wait a specified amount of time before using it? WTH kind of childish notion is that? Please, explain this thought process to me,as I simply cannot fathom such a thing as that.

Sorry, you cannot drive that car until you wait a week/month with it sitting in your driveway....it would be suspicious otherwise.

SMFH

So I take it you're unfamiliar with gun laws. Ok. Go read up on carrying a loaded weapon concealed and get back to me.

Which laws? What state?
Perhaps my own CCW license doesn't give me an in-depth knowledge of the process according to you?

Your statement was laughable. Each state is different, or does that not compute in your mind?

Yup. Just as I thought. Read my other post where I said it varies state by state. Jesus. Keep arguing with PRO 2A people. When we fight with each other, you might as well hand your firearms over to the leftists. Just so you know, I'm on your side. People like you shouldn't own firearms. Just looking to fire off on people without taking a second to "check your backstop".

Oh, really? So sorry you got triggered. Yeah, your opinion about me is worth as much as that stuff I scraped off my shoe the other day.
Your original post question her motives. Because you cannot believe that it is OK to purchase a firearm legally, load it, and carry it with you in the car, legally, that same day? Really? And that she knew how to use it already? Ever THINK she was experienced already?

Had you CLARIFIED your position early on, there would have been no misunderstanding. After all, ensuring the line of fire is clear before YOU spout off is irrelevant, right?

SMFH...even more.

edit on 7/8/2018 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Maybe next time she just shouldn't leave the keys in the ignition... At the very least, she'd save a fortune on years of therapy for her kids that witnessed it.

Yeah, obviously that's what I'm saying... Its clearly a completely rational accusation.

Just as rational as blaming the victim of a crime as you did?

Hmmmmm????

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Guy jumps in a car to steal it, drives off with kids in the car, Mom jumps in and says "stop." He doesn't; she shoots him. And you are saying he is the victim? Please tell me I'm not understanding you, or that I failed to pick up on your sarcasm here.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone

An unloaded gun makes a great paper weight, but not much else.

From the sounds of this article, sounds like the woman knows her way around a firearm.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

An unloaded gun makes a great paper weight, but not much else.

From the sounds of this article, sounds like the woman knows her way around a firearm.

Thank you for a voice of sanity. That is a very likely fact in this case. She did seemed trained, calm, cool, and collected in the situation. In addition, the police did not charge her at all, so another likely certainty is she had a legal license to carry it concealed and loaded (which is what a Class A CCW allows and is NOT a felony).

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Did you read anywhere that the weapon was already loaded ?
I can load mine as fast as a "blink of an eye"

edit on 7/8/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Guy jumps in a car to steal it, drives off with kids in the car, Mom jumps in and says "stop." He doesn't; she shoots him. And you are saying he is the victim?

I never said anything about the car thief being the victim.

Never the less, as far as the story goes, it seems she must have left the keys in the ignition.

A lot of luck had to occur for her to be able to pull that all off and stop the guy from driving off with her kids and car... Just seems like she could have avoided the whole messy situation by simply remembering to take her keys with her when she was paying for her fuel.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Seems obvious to me that she didn't do too much wrong, no charges have been filed.

Depending upon the weapon, I can load mine quick as a hiccup. But mine is carried loaded at all times, because, as the old saying goes, better to be judged by twelve, than carried by six.

The guy trying to steal the car is the only one at fault. Not the woman protecting her kids. Anything else is patently ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Texas changed the law in, I believe, 2009. A person without a CHL can carry a hand gun, which must be concealed, in their vehicle. I was done to fix the unclear traveler laws concerning hand guns.

Doesn't allow felons, gang members to do so. Also if the person commits a crime, other than a class C misdemeanor, it's bad news.
edit on 7/8/2018 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Guy jumps in a car to steal it, drives off with kids in the car, Mom jumps in and says "stop." He doesn't; she shoots him. And you are saying he is the victim?

Oh, OK. This is what was said:

Krakatoa: Or are you saying he was not in the wrong here?

And you said: Yeah, obviously that's what I'm saying... Its clearly a completely rational accusation.

Thanks for the clarification.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Luck, backed, by all appearance, with some skills. Skills that help make your own luck.

Mama Bear.
edit on 7/8/2018 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Gothmog

Seems obvious to me that she didn't do too much wrong, no charges have been filed.

Depending upon the weapon, I can load mine quick as a hiccup. But mine is carried loaded at all times, because, as the old saying goes, better to be judged by twelve, than carried by six.

The guy trying to steal the car is the only one at fault. Not the woman protecting her kids. Anything else is patently ridiculous.

Yes , I like it when folks assume if the story says they got their pistol.....
It never occurs to them the clip would be laying right beside it .

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Oh, OK. This is what was said:

Krakatoa: Or are you saying he was not in the wrong here?

And you said: Yeah, obviously that's what I'm saying... Its clearly a completely rational accusation.

Thanks for the clarification.

Yeah... sometimes I just forget that some people don't comprehend obvious sarcasm.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Great to see this woman was able to defend herself, her children and her property.

One less criminal

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I carry full magazine + chambered round + no mechanical safety (Glock)

Usually carry 1-2 spare magazines. Both as a situational backup and since the vast majority of failures in a SA firearm are caused by the magazine

Smart to see others carrying/training to fight & prevail in real life attacks.

Those who carry and train refuse to become victims.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I try to avoid these heated threads whenever possible, but I can't let this one go.

You say she could've prevented this situation from happening by "simply removing keys from the ignition". Seriously?

I doubt you're a person who lacks intellect, which is why I'll just say your statement is wrong on so many levels; I think you know that.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join