It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Shoots Man Trying To Steal Car With Her Kids Inside: Police

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
So, some here have openly stated that there is no reason a regular citizen needs to own and carry a personal firearm. Well, here is yet ANOTHER reason for this right here in America.

DALLAS, TX — One Dallas mom came to the rescue of her two small children Wednesday night when a man tried to steal her car with the two youngsters inside.

Police said the woman was pumping gas at a station in the 200 block of West Camp Wisdom Road around 10 p.m. Wednesday when a man climbed into the car with the two small children inside.

The suspect was later identified as 36-year-old Ricky Wright, police said.

Police said the woman, Michelle Booker-Hicks, yelled at Wright to stop, but he did not. The woman then jumped into the vehicle, pulled a gun from her glove box and shot him one time in the head.

Source: Woman Shoots Man Trying To Steal Car With Her Kids Inside: Police

But, maybe she should have asked the nice man to stop? Well, she did and he did not stop. So, she did what she could to protect herself and family, not the car. And the most important part in this story..........

Booker-Hicks told KDFW she had bought the gun for self defense only hours before the incident.

The woman and her children were not injured.

Another story of someone using a firearm to successfully protect themselves and family from a would be car thief AND kidnapper. This was not anyone trying to protect their "stuff", but the lives of children.

Who knows what would have happened to her and her children had she simply went along for the ride, and did nothing in an attempt to appease the criminal.

edit on 7/8/2018 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Never come between a mother and her children. Especially this one.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

The kids are going to need therapy to get over seeing this guys brains sprayed over their car.
But on the other hand they would need therapy after he was done with them too.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I have the feeling she will see the hand gun purchase as money well spent.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
While I like the presmise of this story, something doesn't sit well with "purchased the handgun hours earlier" and had it loaded and ready to go. I'm all for concealed carry and pro 2A, but that little addition to the story doesn't start well with me. On top of the fact she was able to draw on the assailant so easily. This story sounds too good to be true.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone

He didn't die at least as of this morning. News here reports it was in the console and she got from the back seat. News here (3 hours away) said nothing about the recent purchase.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Kinda what I was thinking..but who knows really.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

naaah she would have been fine calling 911 or was she ?

thats your friking country and you should use your right to defend your kids and your self

f those who say otherwise and good for her

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone
While I like the presmise of this story, something doesn't sit well with "purchased the handgun hours earlier" and had it loaded and ready to go. I'm all for concealed carry and pro 2A, but that little addition to the story doesn't start well with me. On top of the fact she was able to draw on the assailant so easily. This story sounds too good to be true.

Where did you read the "fact" that the handgun was "purchased the handgun hours earlier ?"
Most certainly was not in the OP link
Do you have a link ?
Doesnt matter , as I could go purchase another pistol now and be ready to use it if needed. Guaranteed .

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

handgun hours earlier" and had it loaded and ready to go.

I brought my son-in-law to get his 9mm, and he had it locked and loaded before we got out of the parking lot..

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

The kids are going to need therapy to get over seeing this guys brains sprayed over their car. But on the other hand they would need therapy after he was done with them too.

She should have shot twice. The guy survived. The kids will be fine. Their Mom won.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Maybe next time she just shouldn't leave the keys in the ignition... At the very least, she'd save a fortune on years of therapy for her kids that witnessed it.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

So, you would advocate that after you purchase something, you need to wait a specified amount of time before using it? WTH kind of childish notion is that? Please, explain this thought process to me,as I simply cannot fathom such a thing as that.

Sorry, you cannot drive that car until you wait a week/month with it sitting in your driveway....it would be suspicious otherwise.

SMFH

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Maybe next time she just shouldn't leave the keys in the ignition... At the very least, she'd save a fortune on years of therapy for her kids that witnessed it.

Or perhaps a scum bag criminal should NOT try to steal a car!?!?

Or are you saying he was not in the wrong here?

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Yeah...it was her fault. Probably shouldn't have had her kids with her either, right? I mean, a dangerous environment like a gas station...anything could happen, huh?

Do the anti gun folks ever fking stop with the victim blaming?

The only bad part of this story is that the guy lived.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

What "therapy"? The kids are Texans, not snowflakes.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Don't mess with Texas.
Listen to the PSA's.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

So, you would advocate that after you purchase something, you need to wait a specified amount of time before using it? WTH kind of childish notion is that? Please, explain this thought process to me,as I simply cannot fathom such a thing as that.

Sorry, you cannot drive that car until you wait a week/month with it sitting in your driveway....it would be suspicious otherwise.

SMFH

So I take it you're unfamiliar with gun laws. Ok. Go read up on carrying a loaded weapon concealed and get back to me.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

SMFH

So I take it you're unfamiliar with gun laws. Ok. Go read up on carrying a loaded weapon concealed and get back to me.

Which laws? What state?
Perhaps my own CCW license doesn't give me an in-depth knowledge of the process according to you?

Your statement was laughable. Each state is different, or does that not compute in your mind?

ETA:
And, just because she recently purchased it, does NOT mean she is inexperienced either. Ever consider she might have been very familiar with firearms use and safety, for years even? I guess my years of experience are thrown out the window when I purchase a new firearm. After all, according to you, the skills cannot possible transfer to a new firearm. It would require years of practice......

BTW, the fact that the police did not charge her for a crime indicates it was a legally purchased weapon. Sorry for you and your weak willed fear of those objects.

SMFG again.

edit on 7/8/2018 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown

handgun hours earlier" and had it loaded and ready to go.

I brought my son-in-law to get his 9mm, and he had it locked and loaded before we got out of the parking lot..

It varies state by state, but what I learned from my CCW class is, unless your licensed to carry, it is a felony to carry a loaded firearm in your vehicle. And if it's concealed? Good luck explaining the lack of knowledge of the laws to the judge.
It's people like you that give lawful gun owners a bad rap. Bragging about possibly breaking laws. And you wonder why the left has a snip fit over gun ownership.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join