It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oompa Loompa Doopity doo.. I got a weird phone mystery for you

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

Apparently dropping your phone in beer gives it super powers?

Gee- and I thought beer's only super powers were to make ugly women look better.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Did that (sporadically) when I first got it- it was really hard to accomplish in the hospital, tho. I have done it as best I could afterwards... It evened out after a while. I am watching how it discharges, and probably be watching it for a good week, until it reaches critical- that's 10-15%. Then, onto the charger it goes.

The bad news might be, the battery's going to die horribly. The good news (sorta)- I do have the original battery to plop in as a backup, and a backup phone. Or 2, in a desperate pinch.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail
a reply to: noonebutme

That was my first thought too. I guess the first thing I'd try is to clear the cache partition from recovery mode.

Hmm. Lemme go do that- see what happens.

It didn't change the %, which has of course drained a bit over the course of the day.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat

Gee- and I thought beer's only super powers were to make ugly women look better.

Now if only our phones could do that too...

Hmm.....

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
Well, I seen it all. Someone wrote a thread about a bad battery...

Bad batteries drain like a B movie vampire victim. I have *never* seen any battery powered device that has done quite this number. Especially not this phone, nor this battery. I came here to get a general idea on what it could be- No aliens, ghosts, or (makes a face) political stuff. I still have several days for it to either discharge normally, set fire to my pants pocket tomorrow, or transmute into an iPhone 3G, for all I know. I also tend to take good care of my electronics- since they cost an almost nightmarish amount of money, so I'm doubly stumped, unless it's a defect that is struggling to the surface.

People with this attitude are what do not make this site easily accessible when someone has a concern, be it a thing going bump in the night, or godknowswhat hovering above their head, or their electronics doing weird stuff. I would suggest you rethink how you answer forum threads.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: CreationBro

originally posted by: wylekat

Now if only our phones could do that too...

Hmm.....

Psst- it's called 'dating sites'.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

Mandela Effect confirmed.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Well, it's the 13th, and the thing's at 38%. No boom, no sudden discharge, Hair Guy from Ancient Aliens didn't try to steal it in the middle of the night. No charging or anything else has been done to it.

It's gonna last till Tuesday before a recharge, methinks.

STILL unsure as to what happened, exactly.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Some phone makers put in software that corrects for battery life. they will show 100% charge when you first get them and years later still show 100% charge even when the battery is half dead.

These companies don't want you to buy a new battery when you phone starts needing charged more often.
They want you to buy a new more expensive phone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join