It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"D-Day" For Thai Cave Rescue , The Operation to Bring Them Out Begins

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Just read coach and kid left. plus how many rescuers in there. Going to be a long day.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Here's a very interesting little tidbit I haven't seen anywhere else.

Buried in one of the many, many, videos circulating about on this story was a statement from a Thai volunteer guy doing laundry for the rescue workers. In the video he says he's doing laundry for "US Navy divers". The story was about laundry, and not about who's who, but I found that interesting. Pretty unlikely he'd make a mistake like that just out of coincidence. Not in that part of Thailand anyway, where they likely do not see many Americans (pretty much ever).

Up to this point, I thought all the rescue divers were either UK, Australian or Thai SEALS. The US forces which had been involved were involved in reconnaissance and searching for alternate entrances, and it was my understanding these were USAF and possibly Marines out of Okinawa.

Just interesting because we haven't heard much at all about any US Navy "divers" being involved.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   
And they're all out!

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   
THE TWELVE BOYS AND THEIR COACH ARE OUT!!!

OUTSTANDING!!!

edit on 7/10/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Yes, they are!

Three Navy SEALS still inside. Didn't say if Thai or US.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   

You beat me to it

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Gawd, if I thought there was even the remotest possibility of it surviving...I'd buy those boys and their coach a whole PICKUP TRUCK full of fried chicken!!!

Unbelievable!

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Gawd, if I thought there was even the remotest possibility of it surviving...I'd buy those boys and their coach a whole PICKUP TRUCK full of fried chicken!!!

Unbelievable!

Don't forget the rescue workers.

Everyone over there has earned their rewards for that one.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Excellent news - we have been on tenterhooks here. Bravo to all involved - it must have been a nightmare at times.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Folks, today we have seen the best of humanity. A welcome break from the dismal routine of politics over here.

I think we could all take lessons.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Fantastic fabulous

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Them too!

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
It's not over yet, theres still potential for loss of life.

The rescue workers now have to get themselves out. Lets not forget that.

link   
abcnews.go.com...

BREAKING

Remaining boys, soccer coach rescued from cave in Thailand

00:0001:06

The boys trapped in the Thailand cave could face an unusual disease

By PETRINA CRAINE

Jul 10, 2018, 12:27 AM ET

PlayRoyal Thai Navy/AP

As the rescue efforts for the 12 boys and their coach trapped in a flooded Thailand cave have continued, the world has been hoping for the entire group's safe return to the surface

But after surviving the weather conditions, severe body stresses and unimaginable emotional distress of being trapped for days in dark, wet caverns, the 13 have more challenges ahead. All that time inside the caverns has exposed them to a dangerous and rare infection, often called "cave disease."

link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Lesson being that usually when it really matters, people get going. No more first world problems.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

What is 'cave disease?' 
Cave disease, also called speleonosis, is an infection with a fungus called Histoplasma capsulatum. It was first described in the 1940s as an “unusual” lung disease affecting a group of men camping in an abandoned storm cellar. The fungus is naturally found all over the world, thriving in settings ranging from the caves of Asia to the fertile riverbanks of the Mississippi River, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. It grows in soil, aided by nutrients it gets from bat and bird droppings

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Histoplasmosis

Histoplasmosis (also known as "Cave disease",[1] "Darling's disease",[1] "Ohio valley disease",[1] "reticuloendotheliosis",[1] "spelunker's lung" and "caver's disease") is a disease caused by the fungus Histoplasma capsulatum.[2] Symptoms of this infection vary greatly, but the disease affects primarily the lungs.[3] Occasionally, other organs are affected; this is called disseminated histoplasmosis, and it can be fatal if left untreated.

HistoplasmosisHistoplasma capsulatum. Methenamine silver stain showing histopathologic changes in histoplasmosis.SpecialtyInfectious disease

Histoplasmosis is common among AIDS patients because of their suppressed immunity.[4] In immunocompetent individuals, past infection results in partial protection against ill effects if reinfected.

Histoplasma capsulatum is found in soil, often associated with decaying bat guano or bird droppings. Disruption of soil from excavation or construction can release infectious elements that are inhaled and settle into the lung.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

The reason the boys need to be in quarantine.
edit on 7102018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   

edit on 7102018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

All the boys and the coach are out now safely

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

😁👍👍👍👍👍👍🍔🍟🍕🥗🥞

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join