It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"D-Day" For Thai Cave Rescue , The Operation to Bring Them Out Begins

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Folks, today we have seen the best of humanity. A welcome break from the dismal routine of politics over here.

I think we could all take lessons.

TheRedneck

You're right, as usual. Now go get stuck in a hole an I shall come to the rescue!

(Too soon?)

edit on 10-7-2018 by JinMI because: Your you're your you're your you're your you're your you're

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
'Thailand will now cheer for the England football team'
Our correspondent Howard Johnson met 64-year-old Manop Suksaard outside the hospital in Chiang Rai, where the boys are being treated.

Manop said Thais will support England tomorrow in their World Cup semi-final to show their gratitude to the British divers who found the boys and played a key part in the rescue.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Yeah. Too soon.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I hope the media and support personnel don't leave the cave area until EVERYONE is out of that cave!

The last ones out deserve the biggest "WELCOME HOME" of all!

ETA...well, the rescue divers anyway. There will likely be a cleanup effort at the cave complex site for weeks yet.
edit on 7/10/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
THE TWELVE BOYS AND THEIR COACH ARE OUT!!!

OUTSTANDING!!!

Awesome news!!!!!

cant wait to hear about brian jennings,and hillary clntons ordeal being in the cave and surviving it,.

edit on 23731America/ChicagoTue, 10 Jul 2018 08:23:06 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Supposed video of when they first find kids. Wow those are some awesome kids and not even panicking.

True heroes involved all around this operation.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Remaining rescue divers and doctor (who stayed with the kids the whole time) are now...OUT OF THE CAVE!!!

That's ALL of them!!

Everyone is now out of the cave!!

Congratulations Thailand!!

You asked, and heroes from around the World came. Your courageous Thai Navy SEALs led by example and inspired the World to come to your aid, and humanity prevailed. Now, 12 young men and their coach will live to play another football match (and eat fried chicken and basil fried rice).

Today is a GOOD DAY!!

WOO-HOOOOOO!!!

Link - All divers now out of cave
edit on 7/10/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Thank God!!!
Thanks to the true heroes!

I hope the boys all fully recover. I know they had the arms of their guardian angels wrapped around them through all of this.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Its pretty incredible.. well done Thailand... this will be a day to remember!

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
So relieved that they are all out! I have been keeping up with this story from the beginning. A huge thank you to all the heroes involved!

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Amazing... I gave long odds they could get all out without losing some of the kids, or some more of the rescuers.
Incredible doesn't even really seem like a good enough description to use.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Ah!! I've read a few sources (so, who knows if it's true, even though it's in more than one source) that the team gave the boys anti-anxiety meds before the trek out of the cave.

That makes total sense to me. I've been wondering HOW in the hell were those boys able to not completely freak out in those teeny tiny spaces UNDER WATER in the dark with an apparatus over their heads, having never dived before (or some of them never having learned to swim even). Even experienced divers can lose it in those conditions and circumstances.

I have no doubt that the boys felt safe in the totally bad-ass hands of those world-class rescue divers and that they did a phenomenal job of keeping them calm and focused. But the medication factor explains the rest of it now. SMART move! Those rescuers and the doc who treated them in the cave deserve a life of ease and rest after this for sure.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

I know they had the arms of their guardian angels wrapped around them through all of this.

Without a doubt.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I'm very happy and great but somebody tell me when is the grownup who took these kids to that cave going to be talked to.

And lets don't forget the hero that dies for those kids
edit on 10-7-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 01:30 AM
link   
A few things I don't quite understand regarding all the secrecy of the identities of the boys who came out and their current state. Perhaps someone can explain this to me. (all Questions closely related and it's likely that 1 answer fits all)

1) Why were the parents not told which boys were rescued when the first groups came out and why were their identities kept secret? This is very strange to me.

2) Why were the parents not allowed to see their boys after they came out? (I believe the first group of 4 have seen their families through a glass window by now)

3) Not a single picture of any of the rescued that I could find after the fact. I would imagine after such huge efforts, real celebrations are in order and what better way to show a few pictures of the rescued boys? I mean, the whole world was watching. I find this a little bit odd.

4) In short, no media allowed close to the boys.

5) Why aren't the boys allowed to watch TV?(can't remember source but was reading article about how they are going to watch the finals of the world cup in isolation, but at the moment they aren't allowed to watch TV)

When it comes to their current state and identities, just seems to be all cloak and dagger at the moment. Not sure whether, they are somehow trying to protect the boys or whether there's something they don't want the public to know.

I can't recall whether this veil of secrecy was similar with the Chilean miners all those years ago?

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: chiroy

Let's see, here are some answers to your questions...

1.) In a word; Asian culture works differently than western culture, but the official answer is, out of respect for those who had not been rescued yet. It was actually a good move on the part of the Thai's, I thought; they weren't focusing on any one individual but rather the successful completion of getting them ALL out. The increment of "who" got out first didn't matter as much as the overall effort. Unlike western culture, Asian culture is far less ME oriented.

2.) Like #1 above, the Thai's did an exceptional job managing the media and public perception. By focusing on the first group to be rescued would have diminished some of the focus on the overall mission. The Chilean miner rescue is a great example of how NOT to manage the media. By the time the last miner was out there were already 100's of stories with interviews of family members, the media was completely out of control and ultimately the miners themselves suffered as a result. Like those being rescued, the families also needed psychological assistance dealing with what had taken place, so the Thai's just took a very careful approach re-integrating the families with the kids (unlike in Chile with the miners).

3.) There were pictures of those being rescued! Just not up close and personal (in your face) pictures...and that's how it should be. Again, Asian culture is not about the individual, but rather the greater whole. Not everyone in the world has a Twatter and Failbook account. You see, much of the western world needs instant gratification and expects 24x7 non-stop coverage of everything. Just look how the media had every single one of those boys pictures plastered all over everything. Imagine the field circus day they would have had with pictures of some exhausted, possibly sedated, kid on a stretcher mumbling incoherently with 45 network news cameras stuck in his face. Thai's got it right on this count too. They controlled every single aspect of the media.

4.) (see #3 above). The Thai's got this 100% right. They 100% controlled the media from the beginning. When the actual rescue began they pushed the media back and kept them back. The media are vultures, and the famous Don Henley hit song "Dirty Laundry" captures it perfectly. The media doesn't CARE about anything or anyone, they just want sensationalism, blood and gore. That's not what Thailand wanted plastered across everyone's living room. They were determined to succeed and wanted that to be the image the world saw...and that's just what they got. Thailand for the WIN on this one.

5.)Probably a little different explanation here. Keeping the boys from watching TV is likely a good psychological move for their future health. Thai officials (likely on recommendations from others as well) want to let the current news cycle to die down a bit. They didn't want the boys watching TV because what they would see would likely be news stories about their rescue; not a healthy thing for the rescued boys to be dwelling on shortly after being rescued.

One other important medical reason is, don't forget; the boys have been in pitch black darkness for weeks. Suddenly coming out into the daylight and immediately watching TV is probably the worst thing you could do. This, for two reasons. First, in the dark your eyes and not ready for that kind of intensity, and secondly, their brains had been deprived of sensory input for weeks also. TV is sensory overload (intentionally by design), the exact opposite of what you would want medically and psychologically.

5a.) No "cloak & dagger" at all. Just a very well executed rescue operation and absolute control over the (out of control) media. Nothing to see here, just 12 innocent boys and their coach successfully rescued by a bunch of heroic rescuers. And this is just exactly how this whole operation should be perceived, because that's what happened.

5b.) Chilean miners - The media circus surrounding the Chilean miner rescue is probably a text book lesson in how NOT to manage the media. The media went crazy over that incident, and the miners and their families suffered in the long term as a result. Mistakes too many to mention were made by authorities relating to the media. There were TONS of lessons-learned with that incident, and most of these lessons were 'mistakes to NEVER make again'. Even before the last miners were rescued there were already fights brewing over book and movie deals. It was crazy, and it was disgusting! Here this massive international rescue effort had just taken place and people were already bickering about petty things. It was a shame, but more importantly it was a giant flashing neon sign about how NOT to do it. NEVER AGAIN.

edit on 7/11/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
I'm very happy and great but somebody tell me when is the grownup who took these kids to that cave going to be talked to.

And lets don't forget the hero that dies for those kids

You don't have children, do you? I would guess you've never spent much time around boys that age. A group of 12 boys, some of them seventeen years old. It's not the same thing as being in charge of a group of kindergarteners.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Anyone still here?

So Fox (I know, I know) ran an article (I can't figure out how to post links from my phone) that says they gave the boys Ketamine for the rescue journey out of the cave. It cites two divers by name who say that the boys were "knocked out proper" for the trip out.

The Thai governor and the Thai head of the rescue operation of course has says they were only given anti-anxiety pills and were awake and conscious. I wouldn't put it past them to fudge on those facts to the public. If the boys WERE knocked out for the journey, I doubt Thai authorities would want that known (although it worked, if that's what they did, and everyone made it out, so it was obviously the right thing to do, if that's what they really did).

I am confident that the boys would have panicked had they not been given something. But being fully sedated? What do you all think?

The Thai Navy Seals have posted a video on their Faccebook page that shows snippets of the rescues, and the boys are packaged up in a stretcher apparatus...there is one shot where you can see a boy's face and he sure does look unconscious. I also saw an interview with one of the (either British or Australian) divers involved, and he said that when the divers came out of the first underwater section with that first boy, that he (this diver) got choked up because he didn't know if the boy was alive or dead at first. I thought that was a strange thing to say until I read the bit about the ketamine.

So, what do you all think?

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

I think it worked. Better to have knocked them out cold and saved their lives than to have just given them a stiff drink and perhaps caused them to panic and drown themselves.

This is one of those precious few cases where the end did justify the means.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: KansasGirl

I think it worked. Better to have knocked them out cold and saved their lives than to have just given them a stiff drink and perhaps caused them to panic and drown themselves.

This is one of those precious few cases where the end did justify the means.

TheRedneck

I totally agree. It's incredible that they got everyone out, with those risks. When you look at the photos and videos inside and the route to get out, I can't even picture how they did it! How did they get an unconscious person through those passageways? Insane. What an absolute miracle.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join