It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico's new era

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered
I find it more telling that he didnt address the Cartels, the Drug running, smuggling, and trafficking. That alone is a HUGE reason for the issues, poverty and corruption in Mexico.

Whats he plan to do about that?

The Cartels were not really an issue until the government declared war on them. They usually stayed out of the way until then. This new president knows he can not go to war with them so he is offering them an amnesty and he's working on them to leave people alone like it use to be. The cartels actually love this guy, he has no history of being a part of them but he's just one of those guys a lot of people likes.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Mexico is a beautiful country and people. Unfortunately the many Politards in the US only see them as poor landscapers lining up at the border intent on taking all manual-labor jobs in the US, raping white women and fostering anchor babies. Even more sadly is that this misconception gets a subtle push by the media, political and special interest arenas.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: xBWOMPx

The cartels actually love this guy

Uhhh then thats a problem.

so he is offering them an amnesty

That is also a problem.

So dont fix the systemic problem, just offer them amnisty for their horrendous killing of people both on and off the border. Their child sex trafficking, the murder and dismemberment of whole familes.
And tell them to "play nice"?

Good god what a coward
edit on 8-7-2018 by Whatthedoctorordered because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered

The cartels actually love this guy

Uhhh then thats a problem.

so he is offering them an amnesty

That is also a problem.

So dont fix the systemic problem, just offer them amnisty for their horrendous killing of people both on and off the border. Their child sex trafficking, the murder and dismemberment of whole familes.
And tell them to "play nice"?

Good god what a coward

Well declaring war is what made it bad to begin with, you have to start somewhere. LOTS of people are turning to the cartel for work and money. His goal is to create a strong economy so people wont have to turn to the cartel and in time it will make them small and easier to control. It's not a bad idea tbh

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Well declaring war is what made it bad to begin with, you have to start somewhere.

I disagree, not following through, and not rooting out the corrupt officials in both the gov and police is what made it worse.They allowed them to run roughshod over that whole thing. I have had my own runins with corrupt police in Ciudad Acuña on multiple occasions. The problem is you have to have follow through, and honestly with the cartels? Absolutely no mercy.

LOTS of people are turning to the cartel for work and money.

Thats def not a good thing, but if the penalties were harsher and actually upheld instead of paid off, they might think twice.

I agree he has to get the economy runnig again, but by placating the cartels all hes doing is selling out. And they will continue to infiltrate with their corruption and take from the people of Mexico, wreck families, steal children, and murder people whole sale.
But hey thats just my two cents from a border rat whose lived here my whole life, and watched as the bodies were cut down off bridges outside of town, left hanging and dismembered.
Several of my wifes family have been victims of these cartels as well, her uncle was finally found in an oil drum that had been dumped, after 4 months that is. His Crime? He refused to let them use his house as a stash house.

So I am sure you will pardon me, if I dont think appeasement is the way to fix the problem.
edit on 8-7-2018 by Whatthedoctorordered because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

edit on 8-7-2018 by xBWOMPx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The government was the biggest cartel and this guy fought for the people for 30 years and fought to be president the last 18 years, he did not win so easily. Instead of penalizing and incarcerating people I think its best he creates a better economy and wages so people wont turn to the cartels for work. Like I said, the Biggest Cartel (The government) could not get rid of them I doubt he would by force either. There is always a way without violence.
edit on 8-7-2018 by xBWOMPx because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join