It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When your neighbors suck and you can't do anything about it

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I just wanted to say that I loved your reply and wish I could star it twice, no - three times.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
My neighbors dog craps on my lawn in an inappropriate place, doesn't care
Looking for a friendly way to deal with it, but the poor dog could get sick

What do you do, people are people

I believe the ethical way to deal with that is to ask them nicely to clear up

after their pet.

If that request goes unanswered, you collect in appropriate bag ....and post

through their letter box.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: lostgirl
a reply to: Nyiah

That is so heart breaking to know children are being treated like that!

Since it seems to happen so 'openly' - is there any possibility that you and the other neighbors could agree to try and get video (being careful the parents don't notice) of such episodes in future?

Maybe over time, with several people catching bits of documentation, you could put together enough evidence for authorities to take action?

We're not sure about the legality of that. The little old lady neighbor I mentioned is going to talk to a lawyer about setting up a camera & microphone on her back deck for the purpose of recording them for proof, if it's legal. It's that whole private property thing, we're not sure if it would be a violation of their expectation of privacy rights or not. Volume-wise, I'd guess it's probably ok since the sound carries so far, but direct videoing might cross the line & invade their privacy.

I'd suggest that the old lady set up a camera and microphone pointed at her new bird feeder and have the feed/signal go inside to a monitor and recorder. I know many old people who love watching the birds and animals on bird feeders and by having audio recording (and playing) in the house, she can know when to go to the window and watch the animals - and also have a great recording of them to later share with her friends. Unfortunately she may have to edit out some swear words and possible nudity or violence with the nasty neighbors house in the background. But on the other hand, she will have some amazing video of the local wildlife!

If she just so happens to be disturbed by the loudness of her neighbors arguments and abuse wafting over to her property, she just might have a good reason to call the police and would have excellent proof to back up her "disturbing the peace" claim.

Of course it could take months or recording before she reviews the video to have a nice collection and then it could be posted online for everyone else to enjoy as well. People love to see wildlife in action.

edit on 7 8 2018 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   

in germany we have the ‚jugendamt‘. you can call them, when there are signs of abuse somewhere and they then take a look how the family is working. they can take kids out of their familys, to protect them. its sad but hapens all the time.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSensible

Bingo. We have a winner. I was wondering who was going to say that all bad neighbors must be liberal.

What do you win? You win the douchebag award for dividing people at every opportunity.

Congratulations!

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   
My neighbors farm is a meth lab with several tweakers living in trailers on the property. Last year a couple of them got into a fight over one of the tweakettes sleeping around. The tweakettes boyfriend ended up sniping the other guy with a hunting rifle from across the pond. This crap's only about 5 acres away from my house.

There was also a couple decomposed bodies found in the surrounding hills a couple miles away. I wouldn't be surprised if my "neighbors" had something to do with those as well.

Thankfully they know better than to set foot on my property.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   
And here I’ve been complaining because a couple of new neighbors apparently think a lawn mower is as hard to find as a unicorn. Guess I’ll just be happy dealing with the snakes and other vermin they’re bringing into the neighborhood. At least it’s quiet! Well, until the wife sees a snake...

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

after their pet.

^^ Federal crime and is illegal. Could get you arrested. Be smart.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamonlyhuman

originally posted by: eletheia

after their pet.

^^ Federal crime and is illegal. Could get you arrested. Be smart.

Really?

Surely he is only returning what his neighbours animal had misplaced? Isnt

the neighbour responsible for his animals fouling?

Not picking up after your dog may be illegal. Most metropolitan areas have imposed fines, some cities up to $750 if you don't pick up after your dog in a public place. Many cities are looking into legislation that will apply to private property as well because of its impact on the environment.

Could make a case?

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Just curious, Nyiah, but is the state you live in a one-party consent state regarding recording?? There's a lot of bad parents out there who are good at making it look like everything is ok when it comes to CPS, so if you could legally record them and get a lot of proof that everything is NOT ok, that could help get those kids away from there.

There's some parents like that around here, they live in the apartment building right across from us. One of the guys in my own building has 2 little girls who like to play with their little girl. He doesn't approve of his daughters playing with her, because she's a bad influence on them. For example, he saw the girl holding something on her crotch pretending it's a weenus. I know, simple and silly, but his girls had a drug addicted mother and he's trying his hardest to keep them on the right path. One of them went through some bad stuff and may even have been molested before he got custody of her, so he's being very protective of them.

He told me that he went over to the girls house to tell her mother about it, and the moment he said it the mother reached over and slapped her daughter very hard. Didn't even question whether or not he was lying, just slapped her. He also told me that the reason the girl knows things like that is because apparently her parents don't really care if they get it on in front of her or not.

Now, I've seen these parents, they're class acts, let me tell you. I've heard them yell, and I've heard them chew out their daughter. Not often, but the types I've heard is what they're ok doing in public. I can only imagine what they do behind closed doors.

Back to the original point, but if you can get proof, it'll help with your situation.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Well there was this one neighbor that was a drunken prick and terrorized the neighborhood with his loud, obnoxious behavior. A real tool. Then I moved and they didn't have to put up with me anymore.
That's funny because it's true.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Arson. Problem solved. You're welcome.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Thankfully i've never lived near people like that. But i've met people from households like that and seen more than one family that acts that way and treats eachother like that. It's hard to know what to do and i've seen people get involved only to have all of them turn on the person trying to help.

I've also got family that grew up like that, not as bad, but the parents were drunks, the dad was lazy and abusive and only worked sporadically, the mom worked and supported everyone then came home and drank. The kids grew up either being yelled at over nothing or left to whatever they wanted. In the end it kind of turned out fairly poorly neither of them have ever had real jobs. One of them became an alcoholic and ended up with pancreatitis at 24 if he drinks again he'll die. Now he just sits watching youtube all night and sleeps during the day. The other younger one does shady things for money and they all still live together as a big 'happy' family while the mom works 3 # jobs to support them all.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I want to thank the op for this thread and for making me realize
my neighbors aren't that bad. I have one who owns several vintage
sports cars and he is always tinkering with them.My bedroom is just
across the yard from his garage and he has kept me awake a few times.
I am glad that I don't have neighbors like you all seem to have.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Yeah, we have a couple next door where the dad has a temper, too.

I've wondered sometimes if he does more than yell really loudly, but your situation takes the cake (no pun intended).

Our neighborhood is sort of quirky. It's mostly pretty quiet with mostly nice people in it. The biggest crap shoot is the rental we have on one side of us. It got a SWAT team that showed up to it once. That's nice thing to wake up to ... lights flashing, armed cops creeping through your yard on their way to the house next door ... Then another time it caught fire, so we have all the fire trucks in our yard with firemen and the same drill only less scary.

It's been much quieter since.

Then there's the curmudgeon down the way who hates dogs with a passion and is prone to calling the cops on anyone whose dog barks while out in the yard. So far, he's responsible for at least one dog having to be gotten rid of and one legal fight over another dog. Thankfully, we don't have a dog.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

I think it's an All-Party Consent law here in MI, but nobody's really sure. The old lady neighbor will let us know what the lawyer says.

originally posted by: Lulpin
My neighbors farm is a meth lab with several tweakers living in trailers on the property. Last year a couple of them got into a fight over one of the tweakettes sleeping around. The tweakettes boyfriend ended up sniping the other guy with a hunting rifle from across the pond. This crap's only about 5 acres away from my house.

There was also a couple decomposed bodies found in the surrounding hills a couple miles away. I wouldn't be surprised if my "neighbors" had something to do with those as well.

Thankfully they know better than to set foot on my property.

God damn, man, you cant even get away from crazy neighbors out in farm country o.O I honestly don't know what to say to that.

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Arson. Problem solved. You're welcome.

My husband and the neighbor on the other side of us have a standing sarcastic bet -- either the wife has enough and kills him by Halloween, or one of the older kids snaps and does them both in.

It's funny, but it's not. Funny in a dark, inappropriate way, but still really depressing knowing what goes on over there.

originally posted by: dug88

Thankfully i've never lived near people like that. But i've met people from households like that and seen more than one family that acts that way and treats eachother like that. It's hard to know what to do and i've seen people get involved only to have all of them turn on the person trying to help.

I've also got family that grew up like that, not as bad, but the parents were drunks, the dad was lazy and abusive and only worked sporadically, the mom worked and supported everyone then came home and drank. The kids grew up either being yelled at over nothing or left to whatever they wanted. In the end it kind of turned out fairly poorly neither of them have ever had real jobs. One of them became an alcoholic and ended up with pancreatitis at 24 if he drinks again he'll die. Now he just sits watching youtube all night and sleeps during the day. The other younger one does shady things for money and they all still live together as a big 'happy' family while the mom works 3 # jobs to support them all.

Co-dependency and family dysfunction are like the worst of the trainwrecks. You know they're capable of breaking the cycle, but they're all feeding off each other like an addiction and can't.
The mom and dad behind us hate each other, the way they treat each other makes that blatantly clear. I can't figure out why they married in the first place. But there's obviously a psychological thing going on where despite hating each other, they still think they need each other. I mean, I know on some twisted level, people like this do think they love each other, but it's such a broken way to exist.

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yeah, we have a couple next door where the dad has a temper, too.

I've wondered sometimes if he does more than yell really loudly, but your situation takes the cake (no pun intended).

Our neighborhood is sort of quirky. It's mostly pretty quiet with mostly nice people in it. The biggest crap shoot is the rental we have on one side of us. It got a SWAT team that showed up to it once. That's nice thing to wake up to ... lights flashing, armed cops creeping through your yard on their way to the house next door ... Then another time it caught fire, so we have all the fire trucks in our yard with firemen and the same drill only less scary.

It's been much quieter since.

Earlier this year, there was a murder next door to one of the churches, that just doesn't happen around here. It shocked everyone because no one would have thought the husband was capable of that, and even the pastor at the church would just stand outside and stare at the house deep in thought. "You ok, Pastor Bob?" "I just don't understand it. They were wonderful, happy people, I just don't understand." That couple might have been another example of nobody ever knowing what really went on in the house for all we know.

Then there's the curmudgeon down the way who hates dogs with a passion and is prone to calling the cops on anyone whose dog barks while out in the yard. So far, he's responsible for at least one dog having to be gotten rid of and one legal fight over another dog. Thankfully, we don't have a dog.

Damn, that's going a bit too far. I'm no fan of dogs in general, let alone incessant barkers, but I'm not going to be that neighbor and call the cops on people over barking o.O

top topics

<< 1   >>

join