It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man who asked black woman for ID at pool loses his job

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Southern Guardian

So was she actually a part of the HOA? Did she live in the neighborhood? For how long?

Just looking for some possible unmentioned context.

The police issued a statement with her real last name (Jasmine Edwards was just her name on Facebook, not the name she provided police), I googled her real name and found a current address for her less than a half mile from the pool...a one minute drive away.

So, yes, she is a resident. I just don’t know why it was a big deal to her to show ID. I would agree that the pool chair did not handle things well though. Then, again, he was probably thrown because he knew that video would wind up on social media.

Plus, someone else from the HOA told him she gave them a phony address. It was just a very unfortunate set of circumstances for both him and the woman.

ETA: I should mention that the police call recording that was released was redacted —Adam Bloom’s and Jasmine Edwards’ (or Abhulimen’s) names were bleeped out. And that’s odd because the police released a statement identifying both of them.

But, there’s really no way of confirming that she provided Adam Bloom with her real name if it is Jasmine Abhulimen.

Also, providing two different addresses is very odd. Certainly worthy of questioning.

I’m not sure we’ve really been provided the true story, here. One news outlet spoke with her and they identified her only as Jasmine Edwards. You would think she would have given them her real name if it’s actually Jasmine Abhulimen.

edit on 7/8/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

On one hand I could understand the asking of identification IF say it's part of the agreement for using the pool within the HOA. Would further validate the reasoning if she was new and the guy has a history of asking for it, which apparently there is.

On the other, "papers please?"

-"No and F off!"

Why the fake name(s)?

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Why the fake name(s)?

Ha..,I just edited my previous comment to expound on that.

Here’s the redacted call with the names omitted: Link

Here’s the police statement identifying them: Link

Makes no sense to me that names that have already been made public by the police would be kept private...by the police.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   

On one hand I could understand the asking of identification IF say it's part of the agreement for using the pool within the HOA. Would further validate the reasoning if she was new and the guy has a history of asking for it, which apparently there is.

On the other, "papers please?"

-"No and F off!"

Customary business practices are considered adopted policy in civil law — written or not. He had been asking pool users for ID for seven years. If the HOA didn’t want him to do that, they should have addressed it and forbidden it long ago.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   
People off all kinds try to sneak in to private pools all the time.
She seems to be completely oblivious to that fact.
She wanted to make it about race by refusing to show ID.
Her accent doesn't sound American to me either.
So if the guy doesn't know her what's he supposed to do?
The guy had a job to do keeping non-residents out.
Probably has asked dozens of people for ID.
Had a job.
I don't think he did anything unusual or wrong here.
He was polite about it as well.

No win situation there which is my problem with it.

edit on 8-7-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 01:06 AM
link   
People who waste the polices time with this crap should get an automatic bitch slap.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Some people here clearly have issues seeing how quickly and how they get off on calling someone a racist. Do you get sexual pleasure out of it? Because that is the only explanation I have to how eager you are to label people as racist.

Just out of comparison, this is the OP's reply on another thread discussing a Maxine Waters follower threatening to kill Republicans;

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Of course local news has not actually confirmed the suspect's support for the Democrats much less Maxine Waters. But in the case he is, God forbid any democrat have crazy supporters.

Lo and behold, he is not instantly judged.

You're drowning in your own hypocrisy, and your trash-tier propaganda is garbage.

IMO, /thread
edit on 8-7-2018 by 1337Kph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Another one bites the dust:

The guy sure seemed like a douche...
But...
Why do I get the impression this is some weird macabre game to you?

Like you are keeping an injustice score card and this week your team has been exceptionally violent towards the opposition. So to try and regain some credibility you posted this random nonsensical BS about a tiny incident in an attempt to drum up some anti-white sentiment to counter the anti-left sentiment that has swelled this week.

People see your game and they aren't buying it...
Hence the reason me and my peers are just trolling it.
Carry on.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

um...forgive me but what does your president have to do with an a##hole at the pool? i cant figure out the correlation between the two. trump influenced this b.s. exactly how?
edit on 8-7-2018 by AnrkE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I don't see how this is racist at all from the way the story is being told. I've lived at a number of apartment complexes where some people abused the local pool by giving their passes to outsiders and it was often clear that they didn't belong - this was back when people usually acted civily in public places like a pool and the outsiders (of any race) often stood out b/c they didn't follow the norms of the pool.

It's totally possible that this guy, or others there, know everyone in the complex, especially if they are part of the HOA. Who's to say that this guy didn't know the other people at the pool for years and this person he had never seen. Maybe if she had said "I live at 222 apt x Blanshire Dr" then Adam would have said "oh yeah, I've never seen you before, I'm Adam. Nice to meet you. Have you just moved in?"

Would that have been racist? Maybe he would have found out about her and greeted her once he knew where she lived and you know what? I'm guessing after he talked to her and found out that she was a resident, he would have remembered her from then on and not have had to ask her again for ID, just like he didn't ask anyone else, maybe b/c he had been doing that job for 7 years!

I used to work at a gym where people had to show ID and I didn't card 99% of the people b/c I knew them by name or at least by face. When someone would walk in and try to get by w/o showing ID, I'd ask and find out if they were new or if they were sneaking in.

I think Sonoco is totally out of line for what they did and I think this guy has a lawsuit that is much more reasonable than this race baiter who is crying wolf.
edit on 7 8 2018 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 05:30 AM
link   
There are also legal reasons to make sure everyone there is a member of the local complex or HOA (whatever the area is..). If something would have happened to her or her child while at the pool, and they were not a resident or there as a guest of a resident, then they may not be covered by the HOA insurance policy and the whole community could be held liable for things that happened.

This is totally unreasonable how people on this thread and others are treating this man and it is really sad how quick people are to judge someone from one action that they see part of one side of, and no other previous history. If this is where society, especially people who consider themselves "free thinkers", "open minded", non-judgemental and not easily manipulated by the MSM, then we are in a heap of $hi#!

There needs to be serious repercussions for people who accuse people of things like this with no facts or actual evidence. Things like this or when people falsely accuse men of sexual assault are some of the lowest people around.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   
When the woman asks what can the guy be charged with I knew her motivations.
Asking for ID is now a chargeable offense?

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

Anyone blaming Trump is a bigger idiot than anyone defending this moron.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

She had an access card. That is the standard proof of residency.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Wow the sheer ignorance of 99% of you.

The guy had no right to ask for ANYONES ID.

Unless you are law enforcement with probably cause to do so you CANNOT ask for someones ID just because you want to see it.

Seriously move the NK the lot of you.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Black Americans have had enough. We have multiple documented cases of unarmed black youths being murdered in the streets by police officers, and this incident at the neighborhood pool was clearly racial profiling.

There are people who will continue to be passive about it, keep quiet to keep the peace, which is probably the majority. But others won't, and will bring out their phone to record these type incidents, and call them out.

They've had enough, and I don't blame them.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

Actually they can the problem here seems to be that id is not usually asked for. It's not normal protocol, but it could be.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

Depends on the agreement signed as part of the HOA.

NK would be preferable over some of them.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

I didnt read any of that in the story except the attendant said he's asked all kinds of people for their ID over the years. Over years. Probably lots of kids.
If what you claim is true then why did he get fired from his job and get removed from the HOA?

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

A bunch of them are staged

I doubt any of them were staged. Stop.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join