It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Really Has Me Ticked Off

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I don't know whose idea it was in making these new rules/laws...I am mad as heck
and there's nothing I can do.I have to renew my driver's license this coming January.
I have to go through the "normal" procedures and then have to wait 10 days for the
Post Office to deliver my new license! The Post Office??
There have been times I have gotten the WRONG mail in my box and I have to trust
the Post Office to deliver my new license? I don't know if this is going to be nation
wide or what?
I would rather go back to the BMV 10 days later and get my new license.I don't trust
the postal service with this very important document.
Here is the link and this was also broadcasted on our news stations...www.bmv.ohio.gov...

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Every driver's license I have ever had since I was 16 in 1965 has been delivered by the US Post Office. A temporary suffices until that happens, and it has never been late. Sounds like a First World Problem to me.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

I have to renew my license this month too.
Now I need several forms of ID.
Birth cert.
Utility bills.
Credit card.

My wife need a copy of our marriage license too because of the name change.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Even if you go to the license bureau to get your drivers license here, they send the new license in the mail. We can renew by mail here too, been able to do that for years. If you need to get a new picture taken, then you need to go in, about every twelve years I have to go into the license bureau and get a new picture.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I have to renew my license this month too.
Now I need several forms of ID.
Birth cert.
Utility bills.
Credit card.

My wife need a copy of our marriage license too because of the name change.

Real ID is the issue here. We can get an "Enhanced" (Real ID) license or a regular license, which costs less, but you won't be able to use it for flying, entrance to Federal buildings, military bases, etc. I did that last time and won't have to do it again. But the "license through the mail" thing has been true here since the fifties.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

My previous license was printed at the DMV while I waited.
That was 2012.
Things change I guess..

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I have had the same licence for 32 years - it has no photo on it.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Sorry to hear that. My bassakward state of Connecticut prints it out as you wait. I just renewed mine last March. I never realized they weren't the worst in the business. Who knew?
edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
I don't know whose idea it was in making these new rules/laws...I am mad as heck
and there's nothing I can do.I have to renew my driver's license this coming January.
I have to go through the "normal" procedures and then have to wait 10 days for the
Post Office to deliver my new license! The Post Office??
There have been times I have gotten the WRONG mail in my box and I have to trust
the Post Office to deliver my new license? I don't know if this is going to be nation
wide or what?
I would rather go back to the BMV 10 days later and get my new license.I don't trust
the postal service with this very important document.
Here is the link and this was also broadcasted on our news stations...www.bmv.ohio.gov...

It's been like this here in Kansas for awhile. I have never had any issues. If someone steals yours license by it being delivered to the wrong address then sue the post office for negligence I guess.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I had my license renewed just before these new "Fed Compliant" versions were began in Ohio. This is the kind of non-partisan Government bureaucracy I can't stand.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Get a post office box!

I had a neighbor receive a new debit card of mine and they not only had it for 2 weeks, they had their kid bring it over opened.

My last name is typical Mc Irish, theirs contained literally 16 letters that I could barely pronounce.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Move to good 'ole Arkansas they print out you DL on the spot.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar

Get a post office box!

I had a neighbor receive a new debit card of mine and they not only had it for 2 weeks, they had their kid bring it over opened.

My last name is typical Mc Irish, theirs contained literally 16 letters that I could barely pronounce.

I have the opposite problem last name is 10 letters long ending in Z the joys of being pasty white Irish Mexican mutt with only the last name to show for it.
edit on 7/7/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

How did you get it before?

Mine has always been mailed. More convenient than having to go back and wait in line to pick it up!

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The only thing that ticks me off is my drivers license photo.

Horrible picture.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I've always gotten my new Driver's Licenses though the US Postal Service without any problem.

Wish you the best...

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Its an option in Florida, but I always like to go in person to the DMV and have the deputy hand it to me. Gives me some time to catch up on some reading while I wait in the lobby. Plus every now and then I run into people I know who just happen to be there that day.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

originally posted by: KTemplar

Get a post office box!

I have the opposite problem last name is 10 letters long ending in Z the joys of being pasty white Irish Mexican mutt with only the last name to show for it.

Don’t forget sunscreen or it’s constant visits to Dermy

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

In Virginia you take a new picture and wait ten minutes while they laminate it and you're out the door with your new license. Years and years ago you got a temporary after taking the photo and waited for the new one to be delivered by mail but that was in the nineties.
Most everything at the DMV can be done online here. The only things you still have to go into the DMV for are driving tests, license renewal only if you need a new photo (You can use it twice) and getting or turning in license plates. What used to be an all day ordeal is now an hour or less. Unless you are taking a test.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
The only thing that ticks me off is my drivers license photo.

Horrible picture.

Lol, I think many can feel your pain. What’s up with extreme close up now. Adds 4 lbs to everyone’s face

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join