It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR! What is it good for?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

A thread challenging the myth that an imperialist war machine is a good thing, it deserved to die????

Better get answering then as aside from BS notions we need the machinations of genocide to taste technological advancement, The Challenge hasnt been hardly tarnished.

And sure, a military can be used for good, its just too bad the US Military is a tyrannical imperialist force (everything it supposedly fought against, only it wears a bigger smile than its predecessors).

But the thread died because the myth is a myth, and the war hawks round here mostly dodged this bullet. Cowardice! And tomorrow you'll still be going on as if being a hegemonic tyurannical force is a good thing.

And keep on dodging The Truth, faceman:
www.darkestpatterns.com...
edit on 8-7-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I think the thread died because it was an incoherent mess of hyperbole, half-truths and context-less nonsense.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Then it, the contents of my OP, would have been massacred. I'm an expert on seeing bulletproof pieces get very little jazz. But make them flawed and away we go. The question in the thread title itself was mostly all that was even addressed. Even the best you could do was try and act cool from our exchange in someone elses thread. Where you kept asserting I wont read nothing, and then I showed you my magnum opus piece linked above and you shuddered in cowardice. But keep on keepin on supporting a million people being slaughtered per decade by US Foreign Policy.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Then it, the contents of my OP, would have been massacred. I'm an expert on seeing bulletproof pieces get very little jazz. But make them flawed and away we go. The question in the thread title itself was mostly all that was even addressed. Even the best you could do was try and act cool from our exchange in someone elses thread. Where you kept asserting I wont read nothing, and then I showed you my magnum opus piece linked above and you shuddered in cowardice. But keep on keepin on supporting a million people being slaughtered per decade by US Foreign Policy.

I shuddered in not wanting to spend days debunking the dozens of accusations in your "magnum opus" when I've already seen the quality, or lack thereof, of your reasoning in this area. I already corrected you on two false assertions, neither of which you've really fully accepted even though one was just straight math. That doesn't give me confidence that it would be worth my time to go through the rest of that drivel. You're hopelessly devoted to this myth. You can have the last word.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

It's over 95% citations from mainstream history / news.

originally posted by: face23785
your "magnum opus"

Its one of them. I have several.
edit on 8-7-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

"Two" false accusations? You cleared up a misunderstanding of the budget, yet the fact remains up around a trillion per year goes into the imperialist war machine, which was the main point in the first place. Corporate welfare at its finest.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Lol..

Kills millions of people >< trying to save 13 kids trapped I a cave???

Hmmm... which one counts more???

I just can’t decide.
edit on 8-7-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

I’m not the one who said the military only kills people , but Man that’s some crazy logic lol.

Someone says “they kill millions of people “ and you counter with “but they tried to save a couple kids!!”

Lol

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

“I have the bestest counterpoints ever, but I’m not gonna use them because...”

Lol so is that part of your conservative indoctrination classes or what???

Oh I got a better way to win the debate!!

Point out any spelling errors!!

(Loud speaker crackles) “bliss loses debate due to writing “there” where “their” was appropriate... checkmate!

That should work for sure!!

Right??? Right??
(Crickets)
Guys??

Lol

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
War: What is it good for?

It is a fair question and one that we should consider.
War is the chaos of Change and often forced to bring certain issues to the forefront. Often some of the after effects of such, everyone uses, in everyday life, often pushing the boundaries of technology and science. The downside is that people do die, but often after the dust has settled, good comes from such an act of violence, as to change the very minds and hearts of people.
Before one starts to say no this is wrong, consider this: How many people have flown in a jet plane, or used a microwave, or had surgery, or used a computer, or even played a video game? How many people own and use a cell phone, or get on the internet and surfed? How about the cans of food that we eat and consume? How many use navigation instruments in their vehicles? Isn’t it a marvel about how planes can travel and not crash into each other, and boats can avoid collisions in the middle of the night?
There are laws on the books of many countries, which came from the result of various wars around the world, from what was seen as wrong, ideas that often spring up from such. Use of items that we never thought about and now are being used in different ways.

What the Op has mentioned, those are not wars, there is no declaration on the part of the political body, and are often the result of policies, and actions are often under the veil of darkness, no one really looking or considering such. And often, what a government does, the citizens are often held accountable for. This was seen after the end of World War II, when the citizens of Germany, many who did not participate, were in short held in some way accountable for the horrors of that government. The I did not know defense, was not accepted, any more than I was following orders.
Many of these actions, often have far worse consequences for the country in the long run, and serve no purpose, only to teach lessons that needs to be taught. And as sad as it is, many of those very policies, are now coming back to affect the US in one form or another. Now if the US learns the lessons and does not repeat them, would that not be a good thing? We learned of the horrific practices of the US during the military invasion of Iraq, and in all accounts have discontinued those. In the current elections, we are starting to see what interfering in another countries elections does to the population, and we do not like it, so there is a chance that the policy will stop.

The US Navy is not invincible, and the US is not the only country with Nuclear weapons that can be launched. It was the MAD policy that has kept the peace with other adversary countries for years, though has created a hostile climate. And while some of the interference of the US in other countries is wrong, it has managed to stall and stop the placement of nuclear weapons being pointed at the US from a closer range.

Would it be better to be in ignorance and no know about said practices, and then be held accountable, or know them and at least work to stop and halt said practices?

What is being shown, is that the for all of the hype and pomp, the US is no better than other countries out there. And the lights are being turned on, forcing internal actions to stop said policies, before external actions come and forces it.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Ask the Iraqi people, or the Syrian, or the Vietnamese, or the Cambodian, or the Bosnian...

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

To keep the answer short and sweet

Absolutely nothing!

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit

Heck, ask Ukraine what it got them. Part of their country seceded and joined Russia, while the others are engaged in a bitter civil war. (Thanks Victoria Nuland POS and Obama!)

We need to stop "meddling" in the affairs of other nations as much as they need to stop "meddling" in ours.
edit on 7/13/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Historically speaking? All it has ever been "good" for is laying the foundation for the next conflict.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Infoshill

Anything is possible... If we would have listened to the likes of people like Nicolai Tesla, we would have had more grandiose things than the microwave. Just saying, your "point" is kind of moot.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
I think the thread died because it was an incoherent mess of hyperbole, half-truths and context-less nonsense.

Yeah. I noticed that.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I love it when people show their hand by instead of formulating an argument they merely insultingly shout 'nope you're wrong' then scurry off back into their mouse hole.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Although I don't like war, it is how we get new technology. That's about all it's good for in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Some technology off the top of my head we got without needing war:

Spoken Language
Written Language
Musical Instruments
Paper
Books
Farming
Masonry
Architecture
Mathematics
Printing
Steam Power
Gas Power
Telegraph
Electricity (whole list here from just Tesla alone)
Radio
Phone
Television
Semiconductors

edit on 13-7-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Well, anyway. Good luck at stopping war. It's all nasty and bad until your country is invaded, or somebody gets it in their head that the world would be better off without your particular ethnic group in the mix. Then suddenly those war-mongering Americans with their massive military start to look pretty good.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Well, anyway. Good luck at stopping war. It's all nasty and bad until your country is invaded, or somebody gets it in their head that the world would be better off without your particular ethnic group in the mix. Then suddenly those war-mongering Americans with their massive military start to look pretty good.

Except for its mainly the US and their proxy satellites doing the invading / ethnic cleansings / usurpations / etc, which is why I insist on these exercises.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join