It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP FACT CHECK: Trump’s half-truths on court case, economy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I wasn’t planning on making these fact checks a weekly thread, and I wasn’t expecting Associated Press to do one quite so soon again, but it is what it is.

Last week I posted this thread with eight lies the White House was pushing during the week, and this week the President hasn’t let up and has continued to manufacture information and push his agenda at the same pace as last week.

This week, we are again confronted by eight major lies that AP has focused on. Once again, I will only quote a few, the ones that have garnered some attention here on ATS, but I suggest anyone reading go over all of them, so that we don’t end up repeating that which isn’t true and continue misinforming others.

On being cleared of Russian collusion charges:

THE FACTS: Trump is wrong in saying the Democratic National Committee filed the lawsuit. If he’s suggesting that the outcome of the case exonerates his campaign on allegations that Trump associates colluded with Russia, that’s off-base, too.

In the suit, two Democratic donors and a former chief of staff of the DNC’s finance office alleged that the Trump campaign and Trump associate Roger Stone conspired with Russian agents and WikiLeaks to publish hacked Democratic emails.

U.S. District Judge Ellen Segal Huvelle dismissed the suit, saying it was filed in the wrong jurisdiction and was faulty for other technical reasons. But she did not weigh in on the merits of the complaint.

On Obama administration giving out 2,500 citizenships:

THE FACTS: Trump’s claim, which he repeated from a Fox News report, is baseless. The report said Hojjat al-Islam Mojtaba Zolnour, a hardline member of Iran’s parliament, had made the allegation in an interview with a local newspaper. He is a vocal critic of the nuclear agreement.

The agreement was signed in July 2015 to significantly limit Tehran’s nuclear ability in exchange for lifting international oil and financial sanctions. Nothing in the agreement addresses the naturalization or immigration of Iranians.

On North Korea progress:

THE FACTS: Trump’s view that his administration’s plan to dismantle North Korea’s nuclear weapons is “going well” isn’t shared by nonproliferation experts.

While North Korea has halted nuclear and missile tests, a full dismantling of weapons is a different matter. North Korea leader Kim Jong Un committed to “complete denuclearization” of the Korean Peninsula during his June 12 summit with Trump in Singapore, but experts say there is no proof that a freeze in testing means the North will take concrete steps to give up such weapons.

Most North Korea experts say the U.S. has an unrealistic approach to the North’s denuclearization.

More inside on OPEC oil price manipulation, on US energy exports, immigration, Jon Tester etc.

Associated Press

edit on 7-7-2018 by Kharron because: typo

(post by DerBeobachter removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
It's difficult to debate facts, and I think everyone is running out of personal attacks and I'm still here.

Plus, the less attention a thread gets, the faster it disappears.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Thank you for these threads.

I keep hanging in ATS with hopes Deny Ignorance will find its footing again.

I have noticed there is a decline in hard Trump supporters.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

AP FACT CHECK: Trump’s half-truths

cause if Hillary was POTUS she wouldn't dare tell half-truths .... they all spin , even AP FACT CHECK ..

edit on 7-7-2018 by Infoshill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Infoshill

It's not that she would tell half truths it's more about having a private/ public truth.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

bah hah hahah hahahaha

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

I checked the AP article, I see no proof of anything, just a wall of words. There is no evidence anything they say is true, so how is this "facts" to argue? Denying ignorance is smart, ignoring will full ignorance is smarter :-)

Yuge claims require Yuge proof, bigly Yuge lol.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Claim: Donald Trump stated "the sky is blue."

Fact: The sky is actually dotted with white puffy clouds and therefore is not entirely blue.

Our rating: Liar Liar pants on fire nanny nanny boo boo. Impeach 45!!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Good start. Next you should fact check AP and then fact check the President and see which one tells the truth. Don't take their word for it, but don't take the President's either.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

If Hillary were the President I'd be posting fact checks about her as well, please don't deflect.

I have a feeling I'll be able to prove it to you. I think Hillary will get her promised office next turn and when she is of importance and when she is imminent danger, you'll see who I write about. Until then, let's focus on the orange guy.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Deny ignorance was at it's height in November, 2015.

When Hillary lost the election.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

U.S. District Judge Ellen Segal Huvelle dismissed the suit, saying it was filed in the wrong jurisdiction and was faulty for other technical reasons. But she did not weigh in on the merits of the complaint.

THE FACTS: Trump is wrong in saying the Democratic National Committee filed the lawsuit. If he’s suggesting that the outcome of the case exonerates his campaign on allegations that Trump associates colluded with Russia, that’s off-base, too.

can you please define "off-base" for us? what does that mean?

did they conveniently leave out...

source

"The Trump Campaign’s efforts to elect President Trump in D.C. are not suit-related contacts for those efforts did not involve acts taken in furtherance of the conspiracies to disseminate emails that harmed plaintiffs," wrote Huvelle, an appointee of President Bill Clinton. "Campaign meetings, canvassing voters, and other regular business activities of a political campaign do not constitute activities related to the conspiracies alleged in the complaint."

sure sounds like she shot down the conspiracy theory, especially considering there is a very very very high probability that those e-mails came from the Awan brothers, you know the IT staffers for the DNC.

[url=http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07/02/obama-administration-granted-citizenship-to-2500-iranians-during-nuclear-deal-iran-official.html]Faux[ /url]

The Obama administration granted citizenship to 2,500 Iranians, including family members of government officials, while negotiating the Iran nuclear deal, a senior cleric and member of parliament has claimed.

Hojjat al-Islam Mojtaba Zolnour, who is chairman of Iran’s parliamentary nuclear committee and a member of its national security and foreign affairs committee, made the allegations during an interview with the country’s Etemad newspaper, cited by the country’s Fars News agency.

ut oh... why is this Iranian official making this claim??? someone is lying... who is it??

THE FACTS: Trump’s claim, which he repeated from a Fox News report, is baseless. The report said Hojjat al-Islam Mojtaba Zolnour, a hardline member of Iran’s parliament, had made the allegation in an interview with a local newspaper. He is a vocal critic of the nuclear agreement.

this is in response to this which actually gives ZERO FACTS. it's more speculative rumors....

While North Korea has halted nuclear and missile tests, a full dismantling of weapons is a different matter. North Korea leader Kim Jong Un committed to “complete denuclearization” of the Korean Peninsula during his June 12 summit with Trump in Singapore, but experts say there is no proof that a freeze in testing means the North will take concrete steps to give up such weapons.

pilling heap of trash... this is pure speculation

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

If Hillary were the President I'd be posting fact checks about her as well, please don't deflect.

I have a feeling I'll be able to prove it to you. I think Hillary will get her promised office next turn and when she is of importance and when she is imminent danger, you'll see who I write about. Until then, let's focus on the orange guy.

there's nothing to fact check most of that post is pure speculation and 1 assertion is totally wrong

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

TRUMP: “Just won lawsuit filed by the DNC and a bunch of Democrat crazies trying to claim the Trump Campaign (and others), colluded with Russia. They haven’t figured out that this was an excuse for them losing the election!” — tweet Friday.

THE FACTS: Trump is wrong in saying the Democratic National Committee filed the lawsuit.

THE FACTS: If he’s suggesting that the outcome of the case exonerates his campaign on allegations that Trump associates colluded with Russia, that’s off-base

bunch of spin, AP suggestions... and semantics...yeah it wasn't technically the DNC

Some people would consider a case against them being thrown out a "WIN" and the Democratic donors and a former chief of staff of the DNC’s finance office who filed the suit , nothing more than proxies for the DNC.

edit on 7-7-2018 by Infoshill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I don't know how they define fact checking but it sure as hell has nothing to do with facts that's for sure
edit on 7-7-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

People have just stopped listening to the lies from the left, no one but your own people are going to believe any of this shiite .

Jan

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

WTF did you just say you think Hillary will be president next election. 😂 😂 😂 haha 😂 haha 😂

Jaden

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

PDF of Court Ruling

Here is the judge's decision. Not all of it is pertinent, but read the opening few pages and then all the way down to Analysis. It explains why Trump is wrong and misleading people. Off-base means wrong.

As far as the 2500 citizenships goes; here's how this works: when someone makes a claim, and especially if it is something outrageous, they need to provide proof of it. Saying something outlandish and then expecting others to prove you wrong is... well, it doesn't work. It is on you, or the President, or really, it's on Fox News to prove their claim. They shouldn't have printed gossip from a questionable Iranian website. If they were a proper news agency they would have waited for two verifiable sources. It's now on the President to provide proof this happened as he has records of all such transactions. He won't.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Infoshill

TRUMP: “Just won lawsuit filed by the DNC and a bunch of Democrat crazies trying to claim the Trump Campaign (and others), colluded with Russia. They haven’t figured out that this was an excuse for them losing the election!” — tweet Friday.

bunch of spin, AP suggestions... and semantics...yeah it wasn't technically the DNC

Some people would consider a case against them being thrown out a "WIN" and the Democratic donors and a former chief of staff of the DNC’s finance office who filed the suit , nothing more than proxies for the DNC.

So, if I've donated money to the Red Cross and I sue the President, by this logic he could say the Red Cross is suing him.

Who's creating the spin again?

Easiest thing is just to focus on the facts. The judge dismissed it due to it being a wrong court for it and stated it made no stance on the collusion. Is there proof of the 2500 citizenships? No. Is North Korea making any progress? No. Are his numbers on Montana accurate? No.

Let's not spin any of this... can anyone research and disprove any of the fact checks, using facts and verifiable sources and links?
edit on 7-7-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join