It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirit Material?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: InTheLight

The universe might, but if she does she not willingly giving up that secret willy-nilly.

Further understanding of consciousness and/or how such emerges is required i imagine.

Yes, of course, but is spirit solely comprised of consciousness? What came first spirit or consciousness?
you have jumped the gun quite a bit there. We would necessarily need to confirm the existence of spirit before you could ask such a question.

No, you need confirmation, I do not.

If you want to write fiction have At it. But if you want to be taken seriously, confirmation is indeed necessary. The OP is asking a serious question, they are looking for answers. I will be the first to mention that I do not think these answers will be forthcoming because I don’t think the subject matter is real. But, if people here are truly serious in this quest to find out whether this is real or not, there are certain methods we could employ besides simply stating things as fact or denying the need for confirmation.

I already have my confirmation, you do not, therefore it is up to you to confirm that it is hooey.
Confirmation requires proof, otherwise it’s just a personal experience. If you have proof I would love to see it but if you have personal anecdotes, I am not interested.

Exactly, and my confirmation is based on proof via OBEs. How do you propose we measure an OBE?
I don’t believe your claim how do you propose to convince me, and everyone else that requires proof before believing you? You do understand that you can’t just simply make claims and demand that people believe them.

I am relaying my experiences to hopefully find others with the same experiences/realities of existence. Can you see the wind?
I can certainly test whether there is wind or not.

But can you see it?
Whether I can see it with my eyes or not is inconsequential. Certainly you understand why. If you were trying to make some comparison between spirit and wind, I believe you were falling very short on your logic. Nobody wonders whether the wind is real. And everybody can certainly feel it, so it’s not a good comparison. The question is how do we Test the existence of spirit?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

a reply to: Moongirl

energy...thought processes of the viewers by different levels of ability to see, hear and feel...some can't see...some don't see, some won't see..visions and "impressions" of people, places and time past.

Places and people-events past...can leave an energy "imprint"...
The term energy is very vague. Far too vague to make such claims.

It's the closest description I could use in general
It is a guess in the dark. About something that has never been confirmed. What we should be focusing on is how to confirm this?

Why dismiss people's actual experiences just because you have not experienced what they have?
Because people are able to make up all kinds of stories. My neighbor thinks he’s John F Kennedy. Should I accept his claim is fact or should I be skeptical?

Skepticism should always be the default position until confirmation has been attained. If you’re asking people to believe your claims and take them as fact just because you claimed them, then I would like to sell you a cure for cancer and AIDS.
edit on 7-7-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Following a linear progression of time that's a perfectly valid question.

But if our essence/connection to the macro universe eliminates from the quantum realm then questions such as what came first could be rather arbitrary.

I'm thinking some kind of shared group consciousness myself that transcends our notions and current understanding of space-time.

You keep on bringing up the terms quantum and space time. I’m guessing you think they sound cool. But I know that you have no idea what those terms mean or how they would apply to this situation. If you are truly interested in coming to the truth about this subject, I would ask you to stop making stabbing gases in the dar you keep on bringing up the terms quantum and space time. I’m guessing you think they sound cool. But I know that you have no idea what those terms mean or how they would apply to this situation. If you are truly interested in coming to the truth about this subject, I would ask you to stop Stabbing at guesses in the dark. And stop using scientific terms that you think sound cool.

Wow dude you have serious issues... lol....

Nothing wrong with anyone using the words quantum and space time. All they are talking about is something outside of both space and time. Maybe another dimension exists, who knows.... It is beyond your conception.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

The universe might, but if she does she not willingly giving up that secret willy-nilly.

Further understanding of consciousness and/or how such emerges is required i imagine.

Yes, of course, but is spirit solely comprised of consciousness? What came first spirit or consciousness?
you have jumped the gun quite a bit there. We would necessarily need to confirm the existence of spirit before you could ask such a question.

No, you need confirmation, I do not.

If you want to write fiction have At it. But if you want to be taken seriously, confirmation is indeed necessary. The OP is asking a serious question, they are looking for answers. I will be the first to mention that I do not think these answers will be forthcoming because I don’t think the subject matter is real. But, if people here are truly serious in this quest to find out whether this is real or not, there are certain methods we could employ besides simply stating things as fact or denying the need for confirmation.

I already have my confirmation, you do not, therefore it is up to you to confirm that it is hooey.
Confirmation requires proof, otherwise it’s just a personal experience. If you have proof I would love to see it but if you have personal anecdotes, I am not interested.

Exactly, and my confirmation is based on proof via OBEs. How do you propose we measure an OBE?
I don’t believe your claim how do you propose to convince me, and everyone else that requires proof before believing you? You do understand that you can’t just simply make claims and demand that people believe them.

I am relaying my experiences to hopefully find others with the same experiences/realities of existence. Can you see the wind?
I can certainly test whether there is wind or not.

But can you see it?
Whether I can see it with my eyes or not is inconsequential. Certainly you understand why. If you were trying to make some comparison between spirit and wind, I believe you were falling very short on your logic. Nobody wonders whether the wind is real. And everybody can certainly feel it, so it’s not a good comparison. The question is how do we Test the existence of spirit?

Nobody on this thread, except you, questions whether the spirit is real or not.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

a reply to: Moongirl

energy...thought processes of the viewers by different levels of ability to see, hear and feel...some can't see...some don't see, some won't see..visions and "impressions" of people, places and time past.

Places and people-events past...can leave an energy "imprint"...
The term energy is very vague. Far too vague to make such claims.

It's the closest description I could use in general
It is a guess in the dark. About something that has never been confirmed. What we should be focusing on is how to confirm this?

Why dismiss people's actual experiences just because you have not experienced what they have?
Because people are able to make up all kinds of stories. My neighbor thinks he’s John F Kennedy. Should I accept his claim is fact or should I be skeptical?

One person's mental illness cannot be compared to the multitudes of people who experience OBEs and other ethereal experiences, your logic fails.
edit on 17CDT09America/Chicago03590931 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

I dont work in that field, i repair and build computers. LoL

Special knowledge, well i read, does that count?

All knowledge is useful dependent on circumstance.

I don't really think you are entertaining into the "Spirit" of the thread. LoL

Do you have anything useful to contribute other than nonconstructive criticism?

Else crap or get off the pot, please. x

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: imitator

But if our essence/connection to the macro universe eliminates from the quantum realm then questions such as what came first could be rather arbitrary.

I'm thinking some kind of shared group consciousness myself that transcends our notions and current understanding of space-time.

You keep on bringing up the terms quantum and space time. I’m guessing you think they sound cool. But I know that you have no idea what those terms mean or how they would apply to this situation. If you are truly interested in coming to the truth about this subject, I would ask you to stop making stabbing gases in the dar you keep on bringing up the terms quantum and space time. I’m guessing you think they sound cool. But I know that you have no idea what those terms mean or how they would apply to this situation. If you are truly interested in coming to the truth about this subject, I would ask you to stop Stabbing at guesses in the dark. And stop using scientific terms that you think sound cool.

Nothing wrong with anyone using the words quantum and space time. All they are talking about is something outside of both space and time. Maybe another dimension exists, who knows.... It is beyond your conception.
I have a question for you. How important are definitions?

If I ask you to hand me a wrench, and you don’t know what a wrench is , and you bring me a bowl, Then it is not my use of the language that is in question.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Your definitely annoying, hows that for definition.

Open your mind mate, its not painful.
edit on 7-7-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I dont work in that field, i repair and build computers. LoL

Special knowledge, well i read, does that count?

All knowledge is useful dependent on circumstance.

I don't really think you are entertaining into the "Spirit" of the thread. LoL

Do you have anything useful to contribute other than nonconstructive criticism?

Else crap or get off the pot, please. x

The OP is asking what is spirit material.

My “claim to fame “is that I am a material analyst. I break down, burn, Melt, Stretch, bend, and break, Materials to get at the heart of what they are comprised of. I have almost been through the entire periodic table in my lab. And I have never seen any spirit material. Or spirit energy for that matter.

If all you want to do is speculate and sound smart by using words you don’t understand, you can have at it. But don’t expect me to not correct you if you say something that doesn’t make any sense. If anyone is truly interested in coming to any truth claims, it is me. I am actually interested in finding the actual proof. If you are not, then you should probably hang out in the fictional writing section of this forum.

If you are really interested in finding out some actual piece of knowledge about this, then you will necessarily need to use the methods put forth in actual science. Wouldn’t you agree?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I have a high standard when it comes to these discussions. That high standard comes from my training as a scientist.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

_javascript:yvid()
I have a high standard when it comes to these discussions. That high standard comes from my training as a scientist.

Since spirit is ethereal, what special training in this field as a scientist might you share with us?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

What words don't i understand? LoL

Go condescend to someone that actually cares mate.

I have been stating actual science and experimentation is required repeatedly in this thread.

Jog along now inflammatory little doggie and burn some things before you get bitten. x

Let the adults debate in peace.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: imitator

I have a question for you. How important are definitions?

If I ask you to hand me a wrench, and you don’t know what a wrench is , and you bring me a bowl, Then it is not my use of the language that is in question.

But you didn't say what kind of wrench...

Bowl Wrench?... www.motosport.com... YVRHnlx8sbiGD7Tx0aAvkPEALw_wcB&key=Motion-Pro-T6-Float-Bowl-Wrench&matchtype=&mrkgadid=3192761621&mrkgcl=500&network=s&product_id=MOP004G-X001-Y001&ps source=true&rkg_id=0&segment=badger

The premise is, those words (quantum, space, time) have multiple meanings.

I think you brought the bowl to this thread lol....

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Since spirit is ethereal, what special training in this field as a scientist might you share with us?
You have just made a claim there that spirit is ethereal. How did you come to that conclusion? Have you tested the spirit and found it to be a serial seria you have just made a claim there that spirit is ethereal. How did you come to that conclusion? Have you tested spirit and found it to be ethereal? Which definition of ethereal are you using?

If so I would love to see your work. But I’m guessing you are also just using words that you think sound cool.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

So contribute as opposed to shooting down others ideas.

And please stop attempting to tell people what they know as you aint clairvoyant nor special. x

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

You have just made a claim there that spirit is ethereal. How did you come to that conclusion? Have you tested the spirit and found it to be a serial seria you have just made a claim there that spirit is ethereal. How did you come to that conclusion? Have you tested spirit and found it to be ethereal? Which definition of ethereal are you using?

If so I would love to see your work. But I’m guessing you are also just using words that you think sound cool.

Just from experience which is my reality in the ether, much more than what you have. And the words are cool because the experience is cool, it just comes through, I guess.
edit on 17CDT09America/Chicago05390931 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I have been stating actual science and experimentation is required repeatedly in this thread.

Jog along now inflammatory little doggie and burn some things before you get bitten. x

Can we please stay on topic and will you please refrain from making threats That you obviously can’t follow through on?
edit on 7-7-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Just from experience which is my reality in the ether, much more than what you have. And the words are cool because the experience is cool, it just comes through, I guess.
I have $10,000 waiting for you if you can prove that you have any sort of life in the ethereal.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Can we please stay on topic and will you please refrain from making threats?

The topic is what is the spirit composed of, we all agree that we do not know, but we can theorize about it. We do however, believe that it is in existence from personal experience, which you have no knowledge, so you really cannot contribute to this thread in any meaningful manner.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

So contribute as opposed to shooting down others ideas.

And please stop attempting to tell people what they know as you aint clairvoyant nor special. x

It’s called the process of elimination. You throw out speculations, and that we talk about their validity. Don’t get mad just because I understand why your speculations don’t make sense. In fact, don’t get mad at all, just continue with the conversation.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join