It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirit Material?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: InTheLight

The universe might, but if she does she not willingly giving up that secret willy-nilly.

Further understanding of consciousness and/or how such emerges is required i imagine.

Yes, of course, but is spirit solely comprised of consciousness? What came first spirit or consciousness?
you have jumped the gun quite a bit there. We would necessarily need to confirm the existence of spirit before you could ask such a question.

No, you need confirmation, I do not.

If you want to write fiction have At it. But if you want to be taken seriously, confirmation is indeed necessary. The OP is asking a serious question, they are looking for answers. I will be the first to mention that I do not think these answers will be forthcoming because I don’t think the subject matter is real. But, if people here are truly serious in this quest to find out whether this is real or not, there are certain methods we could employ besides simply stating things as fact or denying the need for confirmation.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

No just the rest of the mammals.

You do realize we fall into said category???

Your nose is obviously to near your own arse. x

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Only the fact that some of us know the spirit is separate from our physical bodies from personal experiences, such as OBEs. However, what it all means and what the spirit is can certainly be theorized and not ridiculed, right people?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

The universe might, but if she does she not willingly giving up that secret willy-nilly.

Further understanding of consciousness and/or how such emerges is required i imagine.

Yes, of course, but is spirit solely comprised of consciousness? What came first spirit or consciousness?
you have jumped the gun quite a bit there. We would necessarily need to confirm the existence of spirit before you could ask such a question.

If you want to write fiction have At it. But if you want to be taken seriously, confirmation is indeed necessary. The OP is asking a serious question, they are looking for answers. I will be the first to mention that I do not think these answers will be forthcoming because I don’t think the subject matter is real. But, if people here are truly serious in this quest to find out whether this is real or not, there are certain methods we could employ besides simply stating things as fact or denying the need for confirmation.

I already have my confirmation, you do not, therefore it is up to you to confirm that it is hooey.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Nobody has any real idea yet, it all still speculation.

I have a degree in Electronic and Electrical Engineering and another in Information Technology which allows me to attempt to grasp the little idiosyncrasies of our universe.

Whats your claim to fame??? LoL

Stop attempting to tell people they don't know what they are talking about, just because its clear you yourself have no idea!

It's all just speculation and debate, there are no unequivocal answers as of yet, that's a fact.

I am fine with speculation and debate. But you were the one claiming to understand these things. I am simply pointing out that you do not have any answers.

How would an electrical engineering degree help you figure any of this out? Spirits are not to be found in circuit boards.

Instead of speculating, let’s put our heads together and figure out a way to test some of these speculations. How would you go about testing for spirits or psi abilities?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I already have my confirmation, you do not, therefore it is up to you to confirm that it is hooey.
Confirmation requires proof, otherwise it’s just a personal experience. If you have proof I would love to see it but if you have personal anecdotes, I am not interested.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I don't know about the "not ridiculed" part as, after all, we tend to poke fun at what we fail to understand.

It's certainly an interesting subject that could help answer some of the larger questions humanity posses regarding the universe and our place within such.

link   

No just the rest of the mammals.

You do realize we fall into said category???

Your nose is obviously to near your own arse. x
Can you present some proof that humans have and utilize pheromones?

link   

Confirmation requires proof, otherwise it’s just a personal experience. If you have proof I would love to see it but if you have personal anecdotes, I am not interested.

Exactly, and my confirmation is based on proof via OBEs. How do you propose we measure an OBE?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

a reply to: mysterioustranger

Well our perception of the visible light which comprises the electromagnetic spectrum is rather limited.

Plenty of things happening beyond the limited scope of our perception.

A life long "sensitive" to such things..I agree

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Exactly, and my confirmation is based on proof via OBEs. How do you propose we measure an OBE?
I don’t believe your claim how do you propose to convince me, and everyone else that requires proof before believing you? You do understand that you can’t just simply make claims and demand that people believe them.

Your claims about OBE’s are not proof, they are anecdotes
edit on 7-7-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I dont claim to understand, merely to entertain new ideas or solutions.

You cant see how an Electrical Engineering Degree may allow further understanding of consciousness should it be connected to the force of electromagnetism?

Science is the only definitive tool we have regarding repetitive testing into the area of consciousness and/or how it emerges, neuroscience in particular.

As to how we go about it, i have no idea to date.

Do you?
edit on 7-7-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I don’t believe your claim how do you propose to convince me, and everyone else that requires proof before believing you? You do understand that you can’t just simply make claims and demand that people believe them.

I am relaying my experiences to hopefully find others with the same experiences/realities of existence. Can you see the wind?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: Moongirl

energy...thought processes of the viewers by different levels of ability to see, hear and feel...some can't see...some don't see, some won't see..visions and "impressions" of people, places and time past.

Places and people-events past...can leave an energy "imprint"...
The term energy is very vague. Far too vague to make such claims.

It's the closest description I could use in general

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

You cant see how an Electrical Engineering Degree may allow further understanding of consciousness should it be connected to the force of electromagnetism?

Science is the only definitive tool we have regarding repetitive testing into the area of consciousness and/or how it emerges, neuroscience in particular.

Do you?
Not unless you are using your degree to Experiment on the brain. In which case I would be happy to look over your work, but I don’t think you work in that field, so I don’t think you have any special knowledge that would be useful In this discussion.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

I am relaying my experiences to hopefully find others with the same experiences/realities of existence. Can you see the wind?
I can certainly test whether there is wind or not.

link   

Do you?
Not unless you are using your degree to Experiment on the brain. In which case I would be happy to look over your work, but I don’t think you work in that field, so I don’t think you have any special knowledge that would be useful In this discussion.

You are providing absolutely no special knowledge that is useful in this discussion either.

link   

I can certainly test whether there is wind or not.

But can you see it?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

energy...thought processes of the viewers by different levels of ability to see, hear and feel...some can't see...some don't see, some won't see..visions and "impressions" of people, places and time past.

It is a guess in the dark. About something that has never been confirmed. What we should be focusing on is how to confirm this?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

It is a guess in the dark. About something that has never been confirmed. What we should be focusing on is how to confirm this?

Why dismiss people's actual experiences just because you have not experienced what they have?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join