It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Webb employee pulls gun on man who punches coworker, saves them both

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

He's black she is white so clearly he is simply a good guy and she was racist.

Everything is about race nowadays, miss the memo?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I really really wish the woman would have shot him, at least kneecapped him or something.

You can't just do what you want.

Once the gun came out the guy disengaged and began backing off. Shooting him then would be attempted murder at worst, assault with a deadly weapon at least.

What the woman in this video did was exactly the right thing.

edit on 7 7 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

edit on 7 7 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

I really really wish the woman would have shot him, at least kneecapped him or something.

Once the gun came out the guy disengaged and began backing off. Shooting him then would be attempted murder at worst, assault with a deadly weapon at least.

I know you are right but yet I still wish she would have shot him.

She had to quit her job because that guy or one of his friends is going to come back and shoot her.

I think the right thing might be just shoot a guy who punches a random woman in the face because he aint getting his samwich fast enough.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

I know you are right but yet I still wish she would have shot him.

She had to quit her job because that guy or one of his friends is going to come back and shoot her.

I think the right thing might be just shoot a guy who punches a random woman in the face because he aint getting his samwich fast enough.

She had to quit her job. That sucks.

If she shot him, she'd be in jail.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

You can't do what you want with guns in defensive situations. You MUST do what is right or you will lose your freedom. That's a good as dead to your family.

It is possible to teach tactical patience and why I believe that there should be public training on firearms.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

You can't do what you want with guns in defensive situations. You MUST do what is right or you will lose your freedom. That's a good as dead to your family.

It is possible to teach tactical patience and why I believe that there should be public training on firearms.

Training, training, training. I'm on board. Too bad the anti-gun groups do nothing but stand in the way of improving gun training and safety and giving more people access to it. It's funny how they rail against the NRA, when the NRA does more for gun safety than all those anti-gun groups combined.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

You say that like I dont get what you are saying lol..

I would not have shot the guy if he backed off either. The woman showed alot of restraint and did the right thing.

But I still wish she would have shot him lol...

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ATruGod

It's cold, but if shoot you must, make sure your's is the only story.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: ATruGod

It's cold, but if shoot you must, make sure your's is the only story.

Not only that but if you just shoot for the leg or knee, they can argue that you weren't actually in fear for your life, since you didn't respond with the most effective deadly force available to you. That creates some huge legal problems for you.

If you have to use a gun for self defense, you shoot to kill. There is no other option. If you don't feel like you need to kill the person to defend your own life, you have no justification to shoot them at all.
edit on 8 7 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Yep.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Not only that but if you just shoot for the leg or knee, they can argue that you weren't actually in fear for your life, since you didn't respond with the most effective deadly force available to you.

Hmm, I dunno, is that really true? I totally get dead men tell no tales..it's true, but if you shot someone in the knee..etc does that really say you were not in fear of your life? I would think most times getting kneecapped would be enough.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Judges and juries are strange creatures. They've been known to decide to interpret things just that way.

Not sure they would, but if you must shoot, why take the chance? God, that sounds cold, but that's the reality of it, imho.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

It's also why you never point a gun at anything you're not ready to kill. I won't pull a gun as a threat... if it shows up, I have already made the decision to pull the trigger and am in process of doing so. My target has about a half-second to talk me out of it.

It's happened once, and the corpse-to-be leaped from a moving car, before I could get aim. I was aimed as he exited. That's all that saved him, because I had no qualms going through my mind. I wasn't thinking about his life right then, sorry... I was too busy thinking about mine. I was aiming for the head.

It sounds cold, but as long as the gun is the last resort... it's not nearly as cold as sucker-punching a woman and trying to rob her (or worse).

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I don't disagree.. If up close, for sure I'm going for centre mass, and if not an up close deal, I might not need to shoot.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join