It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking Heat records all over by 10 degrees

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
So global warming isn't a thing ? Here in Cali we are breaking just about every record by 10 degrees hell even the Boston areas are hitting 108 110 , What the Heck is going on? Are we not being told something? Or do the Sceintist even know what's happening , What's our max we can take I see plants dying today hitting 120 here let's say we hit 130 -140 .. this is getting crazy .

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
So global warming isn't a thing ? Here in Cali we are breaking just about every record by 10 degrees hell even the Boston areas are hitting 108 110 , What the Heck is going on? Are we not being told something? Or do the Sceintist even know what's happening , What's our max we can take I see plants dying today hitting 120 here let's say we hit 130 -140 .. this is getting crazy .

It is a beautiful 67 to 70 degrees in Portland OR, sucks to be you...maybe if CA didn't create so much carbon you would be cooler, wait maybe if you carbon tax everyone you would be cooler...

+19 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

I love when people think a hot week is proof of global warming.

link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
It is a beautiful 67 to 70 degrees in Portland OR, sucks to be you...maybe if CA didn't create so much carbon you would be cooler, wait maybe if you carbon tax everyone you would be cooler...

Fine with me, I don't buy any carbon.

link   

It's been a somewhat 'normal' heat here in Southern Ontario in Canada, high humidity, with heat. Thing is, it's really high heat and somewhat high humidity. So it actually IS worse.

In Montreal over 30 people have died connected to their unusually hot weather, and in the UK it's been reported to be extremely oddly hot as well.

I tried looking for the article, but can't seem to find it, but apparently there's a heat wave even in Siberia.

People can deny climate change all they want, whether it's man made or not, it IS happening, and humans need to recognize the signs and patterns to evolve around it and adapt to it, otherwise we are in world of trouble for future survival.

HEAT WAVE
edit on 6-7-2018 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Hot is one thing but breaking records by 10 degrees is another.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

You don't buy food?

+28 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

What the Heck is going on?

I believe it's called "summer."

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

a reply to: Vector99

Hot is one thing but breaking records by 10 degrees is another.

Yes, it's resetting records.

It's not proof of long-term climate activity, it's proof of a hot week.

link   

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: Blue Shift

You don't buy food?

I admit I buy a carbonated beverage once in a while. But I'm already taxed for that.

link   

It's 114 degrees right now, here in Southern California.
edit on 6-7-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

So global warming isn't a thing ?

Sure. It sure does get hot and hotter. But is that man-made?

The Earth has gone through cyclical climates for millennia. Didn't you learn that in elementary school? We had a fairly recent iceage, so now the sea level is rising, and that's normal.

We've only been recording temperatures for a very short period of time compared to how long we've survived these climates.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

In LA it's 113 but Death valley is 112 lol crazy

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I'm near Palm Springs. It's overcast and 114 degrees! Thank goodness for my HVac!

link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

Sure. It sure does get hot and hotter. But is that man-made?

The Earth has gone through cyclical climates for millennia. Didn't you learn that in elementary school? We had a fairly recent iceage, so now the sea level is rising, and that's normal.

We've only been recording temperatures for a very short period of time compared to how long we've survived these climates.

Except actual Scientists look at ice core samples and tree rings and other indicators and have a pretty good idea what the climate was hundreds, thousands, even millions of years ago. Actual scientists have written thousands of peer reviews scientific papers that indicate that most of this recent warming is man made. I learned in school that it's generally good to listen to scientists over bloggers and news pundits.

link   

no, it's not global warming it's a natural thing that is happening every where

TextHere in Cali we are breaking just about every record by 10 degrees hell even the Boston areas are hitting 108 110 , What the Heck is going on?

well here in my country it just rained today in an a unpredictable manner, so can we call it global warming?

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Heat wave in the uk I got burnt
peeling is fun though I have to walk around in just my underpants it is so hot and it is nearly midnight.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Nibiru cometh.

Keep your heads in the sand it is cooler there and not as scary as the real world is.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
It's hot in the summer?! You don't say!

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

It's bloody hot here in The U.K. and has been for weeks. Not a sign of rain in the part of the country i live.

Look at these. Tarmac melting on the roads. Rail tracks buckling with the heat.

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join