It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enforcing The Insurrection Act of 1807 when constituted authorities r incapable of maint order

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: All Seeing Eye

originally posted by: schuyler
What do you normally call it when the military takes over a government? A "military coup d'etat." That's what you are asking for. And how likely do you think that is going to happen? What do you think the populace would do if that happened? You are asking the military to completely subvert the constitution and "take over." I think that is a very poor idea and people who advocate such a move are very scary, indeed.
Not asking for that at all. I'm asking the Military to Seize the DOJ and FBI computer systems and data bases, and to conduct a investigation into treason. They do not have to wear their uniforms, if it bothers you.

It is not a " "military coup d'etat.", as the Legislative and executive branches will remain the same. Only the Judicial branch will be under military investigation, for treason!!

(Sigh) You have no idea what you are asking for. There is absolutely no precedent--at all-- for a "selective" military take over of even PART of the government. That you even think this is possible shows a massive amount of ignorance as to how the military can and cannot be used. It's hard to imagine the scale of the backlash if Trump, as Commander in Chief, ordered the military to "take over" the DOJ. In fact, the military wouldn't do it because it's an unlawful order. It would be utter and complete chaos. If you want a Civil War, that would do it. The chances of anything like this happening are so minuscule that it remains in the realm of complete fantasy. This idea is not in the least credible.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
Lmao. Why would you be worried about having to face an opposing force that can barely handle a few road side bombs and lone desert/mountain snipers/raiders.

If you think the US army stands any sort of chance in Urban Warfare, where gangs and the like would have a way upper hand and..well..nothing to lose at that point, i think you are substantially mistaken.

There will likely never be Martial Law, ever.

well the ROE that the military had was alot of the reason why. gangs also have no discipline and are cowards at heart.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit
I m Not advocating civil war by no means i want Federal order, professionalism, And corrupt Politicians held accountable fully and swiftly

So you don't like how politicians and the government is handling things, so you want the military to do what, exactly?
I dont know what TheJesuit is asking for, but I know what I would like to see.

I would like to see the Military IG and investigators take over the DOJ and FBI, and go threw all the information, and file treason charges against the guilty!

It is now blatantly obvious our Governments DOJ and FBI were infiltrated and taken over by treasonous agent provocateurs and enemies of our constitution. They are incapable of investigating themselves, to include the DOJ's own IG(even though he has exposed great damage to our government). Send the Military to safe guard all computer systems and data bases for criminal investigation. In fact, parts of our government have in deed been overthrown, by domestic enemies!

Is this the Mandela effect? Did I somehow skip to a timeline where there is no Q movement? In my timeline, the corrupt underbelly of the Deep State is being thoroughly and methodically demolished, even as the criminals thrash and struggle...amidst their great wailing and gnashing of teeth...

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

What do you normally call it when the military takes over a government? A "military coup d'etat." That's what you are asking for. And how likely do you think that is going to happen? What do you think the populace would do if that happened? You are asking the military to completely subvert the constitution and "take over." I think that is a very poor idea and people who advocate such a move are very scary, indeed.
Not asking for that at all. I'm asking the Military to Seize the DOJ and FBI computer systems and data bases, and to conduct a investigation into treason. They do not have to wear their uniforms, if it bothers you.

It is not a " "military coup d'etat.", as the Legislative and executive branches will remain the same. Only the Judicial branch will be under military investigation, for treason!!

(Sigh) You have no idea what you are asking for. There is absolutely no precedent--at all-- for a "selective" military take over of even PART of the government. That you even think this is possible shows a massive amount of ignorance as to how the military can and cannot be used. It's hard to imagine the scale of the backlash if Trump, as Commander in Chief, ordered the military to "take over" the DOJ. In fact, the military wouldn't do it because it's an unlawful order. It would be utter and complete chaos. If you want a Civil War, that would do it. The chances of anything like this happening are so minuscule that it remains in the realm of complete fantasy. This idea is not in the least credible.
Thank you for that, it inspired me.

I'm not going to argue the point whether there is precedent or not. I believe there is but I'm not pursuing it.

It seems the holdup is Rod Rosenstine.

The base question is what grounds must a president have to initiate arrests on the basis of treason. What evidence must be had, if any. In the event of a suspected Coup, what acts may the president undertake.

Rod, should be fired, but cant be. Well, Rod works for Trump, at his will. If you have read the above link you will see the dearly beloved General was taken out of his position of power where he was no longer capable of carrying out his overthrow (Obstruction). (Isn't that exactly what they did with Strzok?) I believe its time for General Rod to be reassigned to another position, say, San Francisco cleaning up all that crime on the streets. Of course giving him his same salary.. That way, Congress can continue with their investigations of corruption in the DOJ FBI. Let the Associate Attorney General step up and take over, who ever that may be.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I'm not going to argue the point whether there is precedent or not. I believe there is but I'm not pursuing it.

I'll tell you what. Let's put it this way. It's really very simple.

NO

And fortunately for the country, you're not in a position to dictate otherwise.
edit on 7/6/2018 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Ok so thank you for getting to the general gist of what I'm trying to get at .... corruption and CYA mentality and collusion & protectionism within the top echelon of the federal government to include all three branches. Using the 1807 act to clean house as it were & hold series of elections to replace. The Q phenomenon is a start at exposing but in bits and spurts?lay it all out .
Basically I want the politicians to go back to honesty & integrity, professional conduct ect ect because the way it now is is unsustainable and as an American Well we deserve better

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I'll tell you what. Let's put it this way. It's really very simple.

NO

And fortunately for the country, you're not in a position to dictate otherwise.
Did you not read the link??

Suspension of Habeas Corpus

Is the belief that a coup is underway enough evidence to suspend Posse Comitatus or Habeas Corpus.

I'll address the first part of this question under this heading and the second part under the next heading.

The suspension of Habeas Corpus is discussed at Article I, Section 9, Clause 2 of the United States Constitution (pertaining to the legislative branch) and states:

The privilege of the writ of habeas corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in cases of rebellion or invasion the public safety may require it.

Again, I'm not perusing it. Just give Rosenstine the same treatment Strzok received, so Congress can get the documents they are asking for. Rosenstine signed too many documents, not to be personally involved, and he refuses to recuse himself.

There are more and more acts of violence going on out here. We are on the verge of a Civil War. DO SOMETHING! Tray Gowdy put it best "Finish it the Hell Up"!

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Lmao. Why would you be worried about having to face an opposing force that can barely handle a few road side bombs and lone desert/mountain snipers/raiders.

If you think the US army stands any sort of chance in Urban Warfare, where gangs and the like would have a way upper hand and..well..nothing to lose at that point, i think you are substantially mistaken.

well the ROE that the military had was alot of the reason why. gangs also have no discipline and are cowards at heart.

Discipline will mean nothing when you are taking it from all directions at all times from an enemy with more rounds and weapons than you. They also would have nothing, and I mean nothing, to lose. That's not the population you want to declare war on bud.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
No.

No.

No.

No.

The military wasn't created for domestic 'pacification'.

Yet , the primary responsibility of the military is to protect the Constitution of the US of A
In which insurrection is by definition against the Constitution. Especially when one is an elected official in the US Federal government.
SO , change your No to a Yes...

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

As an active duty service member, I see no way any reasonable person could think the use of a military force would be justified in these situations.

If you are an active duty military personnel of the United States of America , you would remember the Oath.
If not of the US of A , you are forgiven.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler
There is no precedent as something on the scale has never happened in the history of the US
However , in the case of the insurrection by the US Federal government against the Constitution , The President as Commander in Chief could order the US Military in to restore order and protect the Constitution . That IS the primary job of the US military. In fact , the US Military , on it's own , could walk into the Oval Office , arrest a sitting President of the US , suspend the US Federal government and the highest ranking military officer in the US would then be in charge until the Constitution was restored and the Federal Government reinstated.

This is hypothetical , yet completely possible
Let the US citizens hope that the situation never gets bad enough for this to occur .
And , to answer your reply before it is stated :
No , it would not be a military junta. This nation would still be under the power of the people. Perhaps more so than ever.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Discipline will mean nothing when you are taking it from all directions at all times from an enemy with more rounds and weapons than you. They also would have nothing, and I mean nothing, to lose. That's not the population you want to declare war on bud.

Oh yeah then youl see entire blocks leveled. Good luck shooting down a helicopter with small arms and no rockets.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 02:19 AM
link   
"However , in the case of the insurrection by the US Federal government against the Constitution , The President as Commander in Chief could order the US Military in to restore order and protect the Constitution"

But the president is in on it too, just look at some of the divisive comments & unprofessional as a president spoke just the other day at a rally? This IS who is the face of the nation.
Just make a list of the immunity deals, plea deals, charges levied then....nothing?oh and resignations don't forget those wheres accountability for treasons?
Is there another mechanism that can be used at the Federal level of government for numerous immediate removal of corrupt personnel up to and including the president if nessesary?

edit on 7-7-2018 by TheJesuit because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-7-2018 by TheJesuit because: Because

edit on 7-7-2018 by TheJesuit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
nope I'm busy with my hair

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join