It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats camera to film hopefully a ghost ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I want to put a camera in at my mothers unused to attics to see if I can capture the things I used to see there 30 years ago and just wondering as my mate has a spare CCTV set but wondering if any is better to use ?

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I actually install CCTV systems for a living (and that name btw is hopefully outdated those things are IP based and connected to the internet), and my best guess would the ones with built in CGI
I'm sorry, its friday.

Pretty much all cameras can see what you see and then some. So doesnt really matter which cameras you use

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: 808Funk
I want to put a camera in at my mothers unused to attics to see if I can capture the things I used to see there 30 years ago and just wondering as my mate has a spare CCTV set but wondering if any is better to use ?

If you want to film for an extended period, a camera with a large SD card. And if not plugged in, a big battery.

Almost any camcorder should work unless filming in low light.

Or a type of trail camera that is activated by motion.
edit on 6-7-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: 808Funk

Most people whom actually see paranormal activity do so not with there physical eyes with with the eye's of there soul, one of there shades or spirit eye's.

To film something that is not of this world with a soulless machine is no mean feat though some unexplained phenomena that can only be called ghosts have and do occur, when such thing's are extant within this world enough to be seen with the PHYSICAL objects and not just your soul, shade or spirit's eye's then it does not really matter which type of camera.

But my choice would be a high speed over 400 iso SLR of the older 35 mil camera variety and leave these new fangled digital contraptions alone.

This is a very REAL and very old photo of a ghostly apparition which was invisible to the person who took the shot but appeared on the film once the negative was processed, it is a very famous one and was taken in England, the appearance is possibly of a monk with a plague mask on.
o.aolcdn.com...

There are many other's and while this was one genuine most were double exposure con job's (Were a photographic film was exposed twice once with a very fast apperture or in dim light and then again on a scene to superimpose a ghostly image).

There are many such images out there most perhaps fake but some like this scene from the church very real, another that comes to mind is of a ghost at an Australian penal colony of a young woman who though we know it is a ghose look's a lot like the typical almond eye's aliens of ufo lore.

edit on 6-7-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

The spirit world can and does manipulate electronics this includes all photography, electronic readers, electricity and audio equipment.

It is forbidden for them to be on film and those caught receive severe punishment from their boss.

It will appear if you call it out but then what do you do now that it is looking back at you.

Good luck

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

try Spooki cameras or the newer paraNorm infrareal ghost cam, those or in 1D, but worth the money.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Could you elaborate on what you used to see?

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

The spirit world can and does manipulate electronics this includes all photography, electronic readers, electricity and audio equipment.

It is forbidden for them to be on film and those caught receive severe punishment from their boss.

It will appear if you call it out but then what do you do now that it is looking back at you.

Good luck
Is there a manual with these rules in it? Otherwise how do you know about these rules? For the ghost world?

Perhaps Patrick swayze whispers in your ear when he comes over for pottery classes?

I’ve never met anyone who claims to know more about the details of paranormal etiquette than you. Although when pressed for proof, you crumble with excuses.
edit on 6-7-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   

If it is really a ghost then any camera should work,although infra red gives off some crazy things at night,obviously video if you want to catch motion cctv system is fine

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown
Could you elaborate on what you used to see?

Swirling wave like mist in the centre of the room at the same spot not far from my bed and saw it numerous occasions but used to bootle it and switch the light one and go to sleep and a friend stayed over one night and slept on the flooring he saw it above him ?.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Wow, thank you. That sounds like an active room, for sure. Perhaps it's a portal. Lucky Duck.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   

You could look for something like a full-spectrum camera (records in infrared, normal, and UV light). CCTV will probably suffice.

Another one that I got curious about, but never tried was basically a Kinect camera with movement tracker software - It's been used by some paranormal groups, but I can't say whether or not it would count as evidence.

One camera I've been experimenting with is a thermal camera - my theory is that if an entity uses energy, then the surrounding area should be colder. These are expensive though; Mine is a still image (don't know if they make one that is like a video camera).

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Check this out examine these two videos
carefully. My wifes cell phone camera could
record and and show on screen the anamolies
you find. I held my camara up beside hers
and could see nothing while hers showed these
balls of light at certain times.

edit on Ram70818v36201800000031 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown
Wow, thank you. That sounds like an active room, for sure. Perhaps it's a portal. Lucky Duck.

Has not been seen since 1990 but the a couple of few neighbours have had some strange things happen like one had a dream so real that he thought he was back in the days when the Vikings attacked the Priory Castle and another one saw a worker from the 1930 jump in the air and diaper in her kitchen like he had seen the ghost.
I would like to get to the bottom of this but aside from camera would like some help and there so many Paranormal groups that I don't know who to get in.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Right when people pass over it is often true that lights in the home's of there close relative's flicker.
While visiting an undertakers if your parent or other relative is lying in there coffin for you to see one last time before the funeral the light's may actually flicker madly - they did for me.
www.suenicholson.co.nz...

You can't talk, you can't breath air to make sound, you can't touch the physical but you find that you can make the air a little colder, even cause electrical sources to flicker perhaps not even knowing that you are doing so while you are trying to talk to your loved one's whom are still in there body's.

No there is no manual, this is guess work but I believe it to be true, ever felt an un-explained cold or heat, walk into an icy patch in a room even on a hot day that can not be explained except that it may be caused by a spirit energy of some kind.

top topics

join