It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Army quietly discharging immigrant recruits

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: dragonridr

The MAVNI program was ended in oct of 2016.

Incorrect.
You can refer to the link in this post for a synopsis:

originally posted by: Zarniwoop
Much more informative article on the topic here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You didnt read your link did you? It states the same thing i said.

Despite the language suggesting the program's continuation, Pentagon spokespeople said the program was effectively allowed to end last October, when tighter screening procedures were put in place for MAVNI recruits who had already signed up

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Maybe you should check the date of the article.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

This is disgusting, apparently we're now purifying the military.

We're accelerating rapidly along 1930's Germany's path.

Weimar Germany had a MAVNI program?

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Maybe you should check the date of the article.

Maybe you should look at the date of the nemo attached. That they referred to with the October date. It ended in 2016. The increase in vetting occurred after the fort hood shootings. Guess what program the fort hood shooter was involved in? Care to guess ?

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Is this what you mean?

Levine said that the MAVNI pilot program "is currently set to expire on Sept. 30, 2016."

As it turned out, that wasn't quite so.

In the same memo, Levine said that "changes in the enclosed guidance will strengthen and improve the execution of the MAVNI program."

He said that for MAVNI in the coming year, "the maximum number of accessions will be: Army -- 1,200; Navy -- 65; Marine Corps -- 65; and Air Force -- 70."

That's not October and it seems that it didn't expire either. It seems that it still has not ended, but it was suspended in 2017. Under the Trump Administration.

The program was suspended 2017, and in October the Pentagon announced new, more strenuous security clearance standards. For now, the military is focused on catching up on the current group of recruits that has been stuck in limbo. The recruits under the MANVI program are unable to enter basic training until the security clearance review is complete and approved.

For now, the program is unavailable for new recruits. Some top brass, including Defense Secretary Jim Mattis, have gone on record to support the program. According to an anonymous military official, the Pentagon will review the MAVNI program once all of the existing recruits are through the system.
citizenpath.com...
edit on 7/5/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Well "background checks" do apply.

Once a recruit is cleared, all is right right.

Personally, I believe if a non citizen is willing
to enlist and fight for The United States of America,
then a fast path to Citizenship should be available.

That is, After the background checks clear of course.
Logical and Pro American ?

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Here ill make it easy for you the last recruits were accepted in june of 2016. It was closed then with processing until oct according to thr article you quoted.

www.isvmag.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   

So, now it's June of 2016, not October? Make up your mind.

September 30, 2016, the Levine memo previously quoted

This memorandum was developed in coordination with the Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence and extends the MAVNI pilot program through September 30, 2017, and implements revised eligibility requirements. This guidance will serve as a single source document for the administration of the MAVNI program and replaces all previously issued program guidance.

The guidance within this memorandum applies to all MAVNIs currently in the DEP, all future applicants, and all Reserve accessions who enter Service or ship to basic training on or after the date of this memorandum.

source

The program is currently suspended, as of last October but article talks about people who signed up in 2016. It's entirely feasible that MAVNIs were given a low priority for clearances, if their clearances were in process at all, under the current administration. Or do you not think that's the case?

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Still ended in 2016 no new applicants. 2017 was suspended so it was never started in 2017.

mavnicenter.com...

So this program ended before Trump took office. The requirements for vetting were updated after the fort hood shooter. Yes it is very dangerous having people from other countries in our military without being vetted.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   

So this program ended before Trump took office.
No.Twice you have cited obsolete sources.

The program was extended on Sept 30, 2016. Including for new applicants. See above.

Yes it is very dangerous having people from other countries in our military without being vetted.
Are you serious? Vetting was always required.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   

So this program ended before Trump took office.
No.Twice you have cited obsolete sources.

The program was extended on Sept 30, 2016. Including for new applicants. See above.

Yes it is very dangerous having people from other countries in our military without being vetted.
Are you serious? Vetting was always required.

I gave you the update page im not going to discuss this with you if its to much trouble for you to read. The program was never started in 2017. They hoped obama wo hi ld sign off on it starting in may 2017 but he didnt.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

The program was never started in 2017. They hoped obama wo hi ld sign off on it starting in may 2017 but he didnt.

Now I wonder why Obama wouldn't be signing something in May of 2017. I wonder.

Applications were suspended in 2016 Because the allocated number of applicants had been accepted. The program was extended.

August 2, 2016

When the program opened for FY16, 5000 MAVNI slots were made available for qualified applicants to enlist into the U.S. Army. On June 24th, we received notification that the last MAVNI applicant had enlisted for FY16, exhausting all of the remaining allocations and closing the program.

Yesterday, we received word that there are approximately 100 allocations remaining for FY16. or Regular Army Enlistment only.

Unfortunately, these are available for Regular Army Enlistment only.

Slots will go on a first-come-first-served basis to applicants who are fully qualified to enlist

jointhemilitary.org...

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Because in order to extend it in to 2017 the president in 2016 would need to sign the executive order. If Trump wants to start the program he would need to sign an executive order. They started a petition to get obama to extend the program he didn't obviously. Trump never started the program he could have for 2018. Again try reading before you say stupid things

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Because in order to extend it in to 2017 the president in 2016 would need to sign the executive order.
Speaking of stupid, Obama was private citizen as of January 20, 2017.

If Trump wants to start the program he would need to sign an executive order.
Why? The DOD extended it through September 20, 2017.

The requirements for vetting were updated after the fort hood shooter.
The Fort Hood shooter was a US born citizen.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Well...

When I was in Parris Island we had 2 recruits in my platoon, both were from Puerto Rico...but neither of them spoke English... which is pretty essential in boot camp. On the day of immunization...which I think is roughly 48 hours into receiving, the DIs found out they didn't speak English, called them up, and they disappeared. I assume they were sent home with a coach ticket and a "come back when you can understand basic English commands" speech.

I don't know if that's the same situation here, or if in fact the military is actually cleaning up it's act. Either way, I want to make sure that the guy holding the line has guys he can trust on his left and on his right.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Topcraft
Basic grunt positions still have a security clearance, it's just not that high of a one. If memory serves, I believe it is at the secret level. You do need to see intel reports once in a while.

My son is National Guard and had to pass a VERY extensive background check; his security clearance as a "basic grunt" was Top Secret.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

I don't know if that's the same situation here,

It's not. Puerto Ricans are US citizens. There is no reason for them to apply to the MAVNI program.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Really why would you allow non citizens into the military that seems to me to be height of stupidity .
How would you be sure they were not placed there for intelligence gathering purposes?

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

Really why would you allow non citizens into the military that seems to me to be height of stupidity .
Because the military is having a hard time finding volunteers with the specific skills they are looking for.
jointhemilitary.org...

How would you be sure they were not placed there for intelligence gathering purposes?
The same way you would be sure a US citizen wasn't, but more so. You think citizens can't be spies?

edit on 7/6/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/6/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:12 AM
link   
So many of you here think a BGC matters.

Much of the military is infiltrated already with gangs.

Even top secret material gets sent to russia or china by our own.

The idea of stopping someone from serving, who is honest, because of no BGC check or w/e is really stupid.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join