It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grrrrrrrrrr Apocalypse

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Whoisjohngalt

they can either waste the time by staring around waiting for time to pass,

waste time - you've obviously never heard of living in the moment?
Maybe even observe the world without the filter of a screen.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracytheoristIAM

Yep..you're old. Like our parents before us...they couldn't understand the things we were doing and using...

We're them now...just get a simple smartphone and join up.Its either that or....it will become awfully quiet in your world!

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

PS. I talked to an attorney friend about talking, texting in a car and he didn't quite get it. 'Said he's been doing it over 20yrs.

See? It's the world he and your grandkids were raised in...they know nothing else....and the youngest ones are even worse!

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whoisjohngalt

originally posted by: conspiracytheoristIAM
Every time I tried to talk to someone who was devicing (guess this is my new word to describe), all I got was a look like .....why are you bothering me....hurry up and get it over with.......alright , you're old , so what do you want ? ......please , spit it out, so I can get back to my world.

WTF ??? So, what is your take ?

Sounds like people were doing what they wanted to do, and you're mad that they didnt drop everything to make a stranger their center of attention.
What did you expect? If someone is waiting for something they can either waste the time by staring around waiting for time to pass, or using it constructively by talking to friends, interacting on social media, or even on this site trying to figure out if the collapse of fiat currency is likely.

So much for constructive use........

26% of all car crashes in 2014 were because of cell phone use

Over 300,000 injured in 2016 while being distracted by cell phone use

9 people per day are killed being distracted by their cell phone

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Yep..you're old. Like our parents before us...they couldn't understand the things we were doing and using...

We're them now...just get a simple smartphone and join up.Its either that or....it will become awfully quiet in your world!

boiling water....frog enticed.....you're done before you realized you even got in

tv and movies......computers.......smart phone .......????

you fill in the blank

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracytheoristIAM

boiling water....frog enticed.....you're done before you realized you even got in

tv and movies......computers.......smart phone .......????

you fill in the blank

couldn't agree more

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

they can either waste the time by staring around waiting for time to pass,

waste time - you've obviously never heard of living in the moment?
Maybe even observe the world without the filter of a screen.

Ok. Let me live in the moment and count the #ing ceiling tiles at the DMV while i wait for hours to get a title changed.
edit on 6-7-2018 by Whoisjohngalt because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I have this fight with my wife all the time...

We were on vacation in Hawaii, in a car heading to a remote area to go hiking, the guide had literally just told us about the rarity of black tailed deer. We follow the trail around the bend and there are 3 sitting in the middle of the trail, my wifes nose was in her phone by the time I got her attention and her eyes adjusted to the surrounding light the deer had fled.

Or times we were driving in an area that was normal to see wild animals on the side of the road, she has her nose in her phone and misses the turkey flock, then got annoyed I didn't say something sooner.

There are times I wish something would interfere with our electronic devices, people say so what its not hurting anyone.

Anyone else notice how divided we are as a nation, everyone sits in their own bubble and never gets a chance to see other thoughts, or grow outside of our own personal bubble.

The less we talk, the easier it is to convince groups to hate each other.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   

DMV now has you come in, enter phone for text and you can go and come back... they text you when #'s coming up!

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 01:53 AM
link   

DMV now has you come in, enter phone for text and you can go and come back... they text you when #'s coming up!

Where are you at? I waited 2 hours to have ticket BB17 called.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I suspect you are uncomfortable with your own thoughts or have ever spent longer than 10 minutes away from a screen.

www.entrepreneur.com...
10 Ways Technology Hijacks Your Behavior

From push notifications and reminders to ratings and rewards programs, technology has the power to nudge you to think and act in specific ways at specific times.

Addictive design keeps you hooked, algorithms filter the ideas and options you’re exposed

1. It beckons.
2. It takes up mental space.
3. It alters your perception of your options.......

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Anyone else notice how divided we are as a nation, everyone sits in their own bubble and never gets a chance to see other thoughts, or grow outside of our own personal bubble.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Michigan....went home 11/2 hr got text # is coming up in approx 15 mins, went back..got called in 5.

They have you use a kiosk, take a #, enter name and phone...appear up on 1 of 3 lg screens...wait there or go..usually long in person wait time.

5 teller/cashiers proc.non-stop..theyve had to streamline the proc. somehow.

Taylor, Mi/ MDOT-Ecorse Rd branch

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
I have this fight with my wife all the time...

We were on vacation in Hawaii, in a car heading to a remote area to go hiking, the guide had literally just told us about the rarity of black tailed deer. We follow the trail around the bend and there are 3 sitting in the middle of the trail, my wifes nose was in her phone by the time I got her attention and her eyes adjusted to the surrounding light the deer had fled.

Or times we were driving in an area that was normal to see wild animals on the side of the road, she has her nose in her phone and misses the turkey flock, then got annoyed I didn't say something sooner.

There are times I wish something would interfere with our electronic devices, people say so what its not hurting anyone.

The less we talk, the easier it is to convince groups to hate each other.

You make some spot on observations !

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join