It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surrey earthquake: English county hit by third quake in two weeks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
what's wrong with ATS lately, everybody taking every thread personally, calm down everybody

now I think this should change the term climate change into global change

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

i live in the country in lancashire.
got anymore a priori assumptions you would like dismissed.
what you do or do not believe has zero impact on reality.
the facts are as they stand.
you think a sandy permeable water table will take no harm from injecting recycled fluid into it at enormous pressures.
well thats just willfull ignorance.
tectonic activity is a red herring in the context you presented it. "destructive"?!
the fact that it can happen because of fracking is causally indictive of the charges levied against it.
at no point was i incivil, merely astute, and for the record i have not yet called you a bigot

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

well said but its pearls before swine, my friend

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: LABTECH767
I am most certainly NOT over exaggerating.
Why don't you go and do what I say, get a bucket of sand, put a ball bearing on tip and hit the side of the bucket a few times' with a hammer to simulate the explosions used in fracking to shatter the deep strata rock's - often near dormant fault lines - to free up trapped hydrocarbon reserves.

Er, the NW is not a bucket of sand. It's a diverse mix of complex geology. While I understand the analogy, I think it's too simplistic for the real world.

It's a fact that fracking has geological implications, just like mining or oil/gas extraction. Whether this will manifest into destructive earthquakes in the UK is moot, especially as the levels of fracking is going to be modest. Regardless, fracking seems to have brought out a lot of pseudoscience and quackery, which has made unpicking the truth difficult.

My main objection to fracking is the industrialisation of the countryside, if they can find room between the wind and solar farms.

Ahh Hmm Hmmm, maybe you should educate yourself just a little bit here.
www.newscientist.com...
news.nationalgeographic.com...
energynews.us...

Now of course when you have money to be made there will always be those that will bend the date to suit the claim's that it is not causing harm just like in the day's of the tobacco industry when they actually sued and won against people whom claimed that cigarettes were triggering cancer which of course we all today now know to be absolutely true.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join